Halloween Horror Nights 24 Speculation

About the event not being as "hardcore" i didn't necessary meant about gore or that kind of stuff. i was thinking more about the houses and scareactors.
these past few years we been getting some beautiful looking houses, but i personally feel like they've spend too much time making them look good and not making quality scares. same thing with scareactors, i wished they would give them more liberties with coming up with scares tactics instead of just appearing out of no where and saying boo.
sorry about bringing this up again, im just a lurker that felt like letting out some steam

back to speculation :)

• Like 1

Why "double blech" on The Conjuring? Is it because you don't think it would make a good house? Or is it because you didn't like the movie? I'm flabbergasted if you say you didn't like the movie.. thought it was the scariest movie I've seen in decades. LOVED it. Now, whether it'd be a good house or not is very subjective. I'm totally with you on BLECH for "The Purge" which, on the flipside, was the dumbest movie I've seen in decades.

Dr. Jimmy - you can start with the cryptic comments any time now.. <tapping fingers on desk with impatience>

I loathe the Warrens. Haven't even watched the movie yet, because I despise the Warrens. I almost dislocated my eyes from rolling them so hard during the commercials. Can't stand anything that glorifies the Warrens. (I've never forgiven them for the taint they caused the paranormal research community.)

Yes, Doc! Cryptic comments please!

As much as I want a Trick Or Treat maze we all ready seen stuff based on the orginal movie since 2008.. Now if they do it on the upcoming sequel then that's another story.

We have nothing really to speculate on right now.. I wish UO would like Mike tweet more often and give out some cool info.

As much as I want a Trick Or Treat maze we all ready seen stuff based on the orginal movie since 2008.. Now if they do it on the upcoming sequel then that's another story.

We have nothing really to speculate on right now.. I wish UO would like Mike tweet more often and give out some cool info.

2009 was my first year, so I must have missed the house you are referring to. I guess there were some slight similarities with Orfanage so you're right, it has done the 'inspired by' route. Last I read they are working on the sequel but the earliest it would be is next year, so we may have to just wait until then.

At this point, any info from Mike would be welcome. Even just confirming where the houses are located would be a nice change of pace from the nothing we currently have.

@HorrorNights: Already released one hint today for Maze #4, codenamed "Atari 2600" you're looking for a title that was released on this game platform...

@HorrorNights: Hint #2, you're looking for a signature sound effect associated with this titleNot even sure if it was in the Atari game version...

I haven't seen this game mentioned so I'll just throw this out there: could these clues be referring to Pac-Man? It does contain ghosts, and out of all the identifiable sound effects from that era of gaming, Pac-Man's "waka waka" is among the most iconic (and did not appear in the Atari game version). I'm not sure what the "waka waka" sound would have to do with a maze though.

2009 was my first year, so I must have missed the house you are referring to.

http://youtu.be/wYB_jnfvdtk

forgive the quality there was very little light to film in. But it was just traditional Halloween stuff nothing really directly relating to Trick R Treat.

I'd drop some hints. But I suck at making puzzles and you people are too smart... Which would get me in trouble and loose sources... yadayada. It seems if I am apart of the community I am forced to play the game.

• Like 1

I loathe the Warrens. Haven't even watched the movie yet, because I despise the Warrens. I almost dislocated my eyes from rolling them so hard during the commercials. Can't stand anything that glorifies the Warrens. (I've never forgiven them for the taint they caused the paranormal research community.)

Yes, Doc! Cryptic comments please!

Um ok, then.. clearly a nerve has been stomped. I'm not even going to ask about the reason for the Warren hatred. Personally, I never heard of them until I saw "The Conjuring". It was just a GREAT movie. Sorry that it was spoiled for ya.

Still waiting on the cryptic comments.. any time now. Just throwing out another reminder.

What is the basis for speculating that there would be an AWIL scarezone? I'd be in HEAVEN!

http://youtu.be/wYB_jnfvdtk

forgive the quality there was very little light to film in. But it was just traditional Halloween stuff nothing really directly relating to Trick R Treat.

I'd drop some hints. But I suck at making puzzles and you people are too smart... Which would get me in trouble and loose sources... yadayada. It seems if I am apart of the community I am forced to play the game.

Thanks for the video!

Also, if you give me the info I will attempt to make hints out of it...heh heh...

Um ok, then.. clearly a nerve has been stomped. I'm not even going to ask about the reason for the Warren hatred. Personally, I never heard of them until I saw "The Conjuring". It was just a GREAT movie. Sorry that it was spoiled for ya.

Still waiting on the cryptic comments.. any time now. Just throwing out another reminder.

What is the basis for speculating that there would be an AWIL scarezone? I'd be in HEAVEN!

Part of the nerve is knowing I love and enjoy paranormal horror, but I know I'd spend the whole movie ranting about the Warrens.

The Warrens are connected to The Haunting in Connecticut and The Amityville Horror as well. They were sued by members of the family involved in the Haunting in Connecticut for inaccurate portrayal of events (and profiting off of the family). The Warrens maintain that the Amityville events are accurate even though the event was proven to be, and outed by an individual involved, as a hoax. They are a sore spot amongst the scientifically minded members of the paranormal research community. (Sorry, I know this is kinda off topic, but since Lorraine seems to be pushing for more of their "true stories" to become movies, I can see future Warren rants from me.)

As for AWIL scare zone spec, I believe it is as follows:

A - We have the puppets from the house.

B - The London waterfront should be open this year.

C - The waterfront was designed with minimal Potter elements outside of the actual Diagon Alley area (Knight Bus being the only Potter element, I believe).

It's one of those a + b + c = potential for D.

I would really enjoy and an AWIL SZ too!!!

As for AWIL scare zone spec, I believe it is as follows:

A - We have the puppets from the house.

B - The London waterfront should be open this year.

C - The waterfront was designed with minimal Potter elements outside of the actual Diagon Alley area (Knight Bus being the only Potter element, I believe).

It's one of those a + b + c = potential for D.

I would really enjoy and an AWIL SZ too!!!

Exactly.

The probable spoilers to that are as follows (This is ALL SPECULATION):

If they make an Alien house they may retrofit the AWIL puppets to Aliens.

The London Waterfront might be Potter-centric year round as I have heard that Kreacher appears in one of the Grimmauld place windows.

They may not find a way to keep the puppets safe in an uncontrolled environment that involves both wet weather and guests.

Still, it is a fun thought.

Exactly.

The probable spoilers to that are as follows (This is ALL SPECULATION):

If they make an Alien house they may retrofit the AWIL puppets to Aliens.

The London Waterfront might be Potter-centric year round as I have heard that Kreacher appears in one of the Grimmauld place windows.

They may not find a way to keep the puppets safe in an uncontrolled environment that involves both wet weather and guests.

Still, it is a fun thought.

Very good points.

I wonder which would be cheaper, building new puppets or retrofitting the wolves? I'm not mechanically inclined, does anyone know?

I hadn't heard about the Kreacher rumor! Will he be an animatronic or a shadow effect like in The Three Broomsticks? A shadow effect could be turned off.

The final one is the best point. Keeping guest safe and the puppets safe from guests and weather are big questions.

I would think an AWIL SZ is a done deal if they could find a way to keep the puppets safe from weather and, more importantly, idiots. The London Waterfront is made to look like London and was designed to be able to close of DA and close off the entire area altogether, and they had HHN in mind when they designed the land, so i think it's plausible to speculate towards a SZ based off one of their highest rated houses ever that would cost virtually nothing to setup compared to a brand new SZ theme.

I agree that the London waterfront would make a PERFECT "street experience" for AWIL, but also agree that it is unlikely due to the exposure the puppets would have to the environment. If this area was open, it would make a good setting for a Dracula-themed "street experience." (Still holding onto my Strengoit connections.)

Like many others, I am hoping to see the original ideas equal out with the IPs that are forced upon the event. I think Heather's push and hope for Aliens is possible. Of the three ideas (Exorcist, Poltergeist, and Aliens), I can see Aliens being the biggest excitement for A&D to pull off. Crazy thought? Not completely. They have greatly advanced their puppetry over the years. Remember how awful the effects were in Creatures! Oh wait, there weren't effects because the costumes were stationary due to safety issues. Fast forward to The Thing from 2011. Compared to The Thing: Assimilation from 2007, this house was not as intense or as good, but some of the creatures were more advanced. Then, the werewolves from AWIL - I think we can all agree that they made tremendous progress and it will be hard to ever top those puppets. So, ... long story short (too late), creating puppets for Aliens is very doable and an exciting prospect for A&D and fans alike.

I'm still holding onto AHS (who knows what season(s) may be used, but it would be a shame to eraser this again. ^_^

Dead Space or The Evil Within could work for a continued video game house since that market seems to be growing at HHN.

Insidious makes sense, but I don't think TWD will return. Just a hunch of course, but I think even the general public became tired of this concept last year. I would actually like taking the walk along the tracks to Terminus and seeing the HAVOC that was created along the way, especially given the significant improvements with the house from 2013 from 2012.

I'm still not sold on Trick R Treat for this year - wait until we start morphan into another idea. But, there are other segments such as the Strengoit-like creatures in the woods. Werewolves, if I remember correctly.

Nightingales 2.0, Urban Legends: Boogeyman / El Cucuy, and the original dark comedy house ... yes, please.

Oh, and can we has icon!? :D

• Like 2

Like I've said before on another site, Scarezones have been a little... off. The roaming hoards were a solution to a problem we still have this year. They aren't bound to any set pieces. The Superstar Parade must have a clear path. Last year's scarezones were either comprised of easily liftable setpieces, setpieces with wheels, or setpieces that weren't in the parade route. any way you look at it, London Waterfront has a lot of potential.

This would be great and its one of their films

While this is a joint Legendary/Universal movie, it's being released on August 15th, and it's not a sequel to a popular franchise.

That means it's popularity is untested. I'm not sure Universal would lock in an untested IP (house builds should start in the next two months) especially when the event wouldn't be promoting the IP.

Also, I'd prefer a Catacombs sequel before venturing back into the underworld of Paris through an IP.

On a more random note:

As above, so below is a phrase used in Hermeticism.

• Like 1

Clarification. Kong is going at IOA between toon lagoon and Jurassic Park. What is going in at kidzone is yet undisclosed but still set for demo in Sept. the way i wrote that looked like Kong was going in the kidzone. I'm on my phone and it hates me sometimes.