Halloween Horror Nights 24 Speculation

Well... There's the movie "lifeforce"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089489/

Which... Is about space vampires who... Look like humans(?)

I uh... Haven't seen it.

I have no idea what this could mean or what this could relate to...

I'm just gonna be in my corner for a bit, k?

Whatever it is, probably something to do with vampires. An area of horror I know nothing about.

I should also potentially maybe note that Orlando's twitter page had a picture that depicted creatures similar to the aliens in "They live."

I'm going to stop speculating on this one for now. I'm... Not entirely sure it's going to be worth it unless I can confirm the twitter posts are related at all. Which they probably aren't.

Edited by Dr. John Overwatch
  • Like 3

Well... There's the movie "lifeforce"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089489/

Which... Is about space vampires who... Look like humans(?)

I uh... Haven't seen it.

I have no idea what this could mean or what this could relate to...

I'm just gonna be in my corner for a bit, k?

Whatever it is, probably something to do with vampires. An area of horror I know nothing about.

I should also potentially maybe note that Orlando's twitter page had a picture that depicted creatures similar to the aliens in "They live."

I'm going to stop speculating on this one for now. I'm... Not entirely sure it's going to be worth it unless I can confirm the twitter posts are related at all. Which they probably aren't.

The sheer amount of nudity in Lifeforce might also be the 'risky' factor Murdy was getting at.

I wish PR and Media was interactive with the fans like HHN - H.

Imo HHN needs to go back to the basics and do stuff Haunts don't dare to try.. Now it feels like HHN is a second rate haunt is on the same playing ground as HOS.. At least HOS focus on its scares instead of Mind Blowing sets. A&D got the sets down now they need to get entertainment and other players to make the event scary again.

The sheer amount of nudity in Lifeforce might also be the 'risky' factor Murdy was getting at.

The risky property was/is a potential property that was mentioned after Beauty is skin deep.

Tweets regarding risky property:

@HorrorNights: Finishing the treatment for maze #4 today, was just about the lock down the rest of the maze deals when something unexpected happened...

@HorrorNights: This would definitely be a 1st for HHN...something so insane no one would ever attempt it...risky as hell...probably will get me fired! LOL

These were tweeted on 4/11/14.

Maze#3 was first tweeted about on 3/14/14.

3/18/14:

@HorrorNights: Starting work today on maze #3, the one I said fans would freak over. 2 weeks to take this one from concept to full treatment. Tick tick...

3/19/14:

@HorrorNights: "Maze #3. What can it be? Something our fans will sure want to see! They think they know but I don't agree, What in the world is Maze #3?"

3/21/14:

@HorrorNights: Freaking myself out over maze #3. Need to figure out the concept by the end today so I can write it/pitch it next week. It's complicated!

3/24/14:

@HorrorNights: Chris & I just finished the concept for maze #3, this is definitely going to be one of the most challenging mazes we've ever attempted!

3/25/14:

@HorrorNights: Finally writing the treatment for maze #3 today. Damn, this one's ambitious. Took a long time just to figure out how to approach it!

3/26/14:

@HorrorNights: Made good progress writing the treatment for maze #3 today, have to finish it tomorrow because were probably going to pitch it on Friday

@HorrorNights: Maze #3 is the one I said fans would "freak out" over. I know I am. We're crazy to even attempt this but each year we try to push it further

3/28/14:

@HorrorNights: Almost finished with the treatment for maze #3, two scenes left to write. I have to pitch this maze at a studio later today...No pressure.

@HorrorNights: Just finished the treatment for maze #3. This one came in a surprisingly sparse 57 pages. Have already written over 200 pages for HHN 2014!

Code name for maze#3 was given on 3/30/14.

I don't think Beauty is skin deep is the risky concept.

EDIT: I realized I used a whole bunch of tweets to put forth a simple thought. I started to copy paste them and got carried away because many of the tweets seemed to show how significant this property is to Mr. Murdy.

Both Murdy and Aiello have expressed apprehension regarding getting a(this?) property done properly.

Edited by mystiquephreeq

The freak out maze is Alien, The atari 2600 tweet has given it away. On the Atari 2600 there was a rip off of alien called Xenophobe.

Or ya know... This: http://www.atariguide.com/2/254.htm

Alien2600.jpg

I warn you though. The movie library for the 2600 doesn't stop at this. It also includes Ghost busters (regarded as the worst version of the game), Superman, Halloween, and Texas chainsaw massacre.

Jesus that game looked terrible Xenophobe actually has more in common with alien than that game! The red herring is that everyone would assume the Atari 2600 game is ghostbusters which was a famous game for the Atari 2600.Forgetting that alien was also a Atari 2600 game and Xenophobe.

Let's be fair.

A LOT of the games for the atari 2600 looked terrible. I can also see what you're saying about a red herring. Perhaps one of us will get Alien. Some day.

I still have my doubts about the relevance of the tweets regarding Orlando's event.

Or ya know... This: http://www.atariguide.com/2/254.htm

Alien2600.jpg

I warn you though. The movie library for the 2600 doesn't stop at this. It also includes Ghost busters (regarded as the worst version of the game), Superman, Halloween, and Texas chainsaw massacre.

It has to be Superman guys, TCM was already used, Hollywood already did Halloween, Alien would be too expensive, and Ghostbusters would be way too cheesy, let's face it, Superman is the property we have been looking for this whole time.

Edited by behemothman08
  • Like 3

Occam's razor whould seem to imply that the "Freak out maze" Murdy speaks of and the "Epic" one that Mike is reffering to would be one and the same. Of course there is always a chance it's not.

Alien(s) is starting to look like the most logical option. I don't get the "too expensive" bit. Look at the puppets in AWIL and the Creatures in The Thing... Also very expensive. As I said in the Hollywood forum, the sets would mostly be your typical scifi hallways with a few exceptions. Alien Set the standard in games and movies for that. The xenomorphs would not be all that hard. Most would easily be animatroic or head and hands. Alien would be stupid easy. Grey walls, tube, chains. The NSO columbus sets all look remarkably like Alien.I'm sure they have a lot of that left or could make it again. Egg chamber easy enough. The pilot would be a challenge. Impossible to scale even the movie used little kids to make the sets look bigger. But a screen, optical illusion, or forced perspective would do it.

Now aliens would be harder.

You would have face hugger victims for the specimen room. (much like the thing victims) maybe some bodies on the floor with face huggers. The guns pointing down a black hallway firing bullets with alien noises. I'd like to see the outside as you walk in.

The mother alien would be the most complicated for full body anyway. But even that isn't crazy hard. she was a big marionette

http://youtu.be/5vtLK-DxdGc

• Like 1

Let's be fair.

A LOT of the games for the atari 2600 looked terrible. I can also see what you're saying about a red herring. Perhaps one of us will get Alien. Some day.

I still have my doubts about the relevance of the tweets regarding Orlando's event.

Aliens looks bad for an Atari 2600 game, I just think iconic theme tune and ghostbusters seems too obvious.

Edited by matt_world2004

Occam's razor whould seem to imply that the "Freak out maze" Murdy speaks of and the "Epic" one that Mike is reffering to would be one and the same. Of course there is always a chance it's not.

Alien(s) is starting to look like the most logical option. I don't get the "too expensive" bit. Look at the puppets in AWIL and the Creatures in The Thing... Also very expensive. As I said in the Hollywood forum, the sets would mostly be your typical scifi hallways with a few exceptions. Alien Set the standard in games and movies for that. The xenomorphs would not be all that hard. Most would easily be animatroic or head and hands. Alien would be stupid easy. Grey walls, tube, chains. The NSO columbus sets all look remarkably like Alien.I'm sure they have a lot of that left or could make it again. Egg chamber easy enough. The pilot would be a challenge. Impossible to scale even the movie used little kids to make the sets look bigger. But a screen, optical illusion, or forced perspective would do it.

Now aliens would be harder.

You would have face hugger victims for the specimen room. (much like the thing victims) maybe some bodies on the floor with face huggers. The guns pointing down a black hallway firing bullets with alien noises. I'd like to see the outside as you walk in.

The mother alien would be the most complicated for full body anyway. But even that isn't crazy hard. she was a big marionette

Miniatures.

Winter's night did a pretty good job of that, just have a broken up section of wall with a miniature animatronic or something on the other end of the queen, given the right lighting the effect could work well.

The price thing people keep bringing up is probably the cost of suits. On ebay, unpainted replica body pieces can go for 300 while I've seen a full suit, painted, cost around 1,500 dollars.

My concern is getting people thin and lanky enough to actually portray aliens. But that should be easy enough.

To avoid a double post, I'll tackle this here:

That face and eye, in fact that whole face have been used on various websites:

http://horrornews.net/41414/top-10-phrases-said-or-screamed-while-watching-a-horror-film/

http://www.mastibite.com/wallpaper/cache/Wallpapers/horror/scream_1200.jpg

These are lower in quality. No idea where the image comes from, so I'm assuming that it's stock.

Although, I think we came to that conclusion at one point earlier.

scream_1200.jpg

Well they make all that anyway. Might even have access to the molds.

They wouldn't really be able to find people like Bolaji Badejo. Most would either be just bigger costume or parts. Heads, hands. upper torso in the wall I doubt you would see a full body alien in the house free walking. My guess is the aliens would be puppets in general.

Alien would be an interesting house for sure. The thing is that it would be a challange to execute. We know that A&D is capable of executing the house. They pulled off AWIL so I don't see why they couldn't pull of alien. My question is, will marketing go for it? It could be a very successful house in terms of scare factor and design/detail.

Well they make all that anyway. Might even have access to the molds.

They wouldn't really be able to find people like Bolaji Badejo. Most would either be just bigger costume or parts. Heads, hands. upper torso in the wall I doubt you would see a full body alien in the house free walking. My guess is the aliens would be puppets in general.

I would love to see a retro fit of the AWIL rigs for the Xenomorph.

• Like 1

Oh fun fact: An Alien house was made previously in Glasgow and from what I saw it was amazing. Was called Alien Wars. Ran on and off from 92 to 96 and was shut down due to a flood in '96 permanently. It's back over the years but not related to the movie Alien again.

I was 15 when I heard of it in '92.. couldn't quite convince my parents to fly to the UK.

Oh fun fact: An Alien house was made previously in Glasgow and from what I saw it was amazing. Was called Alien Wars. Ran on and off from 92 to 96 and was shut down due to a flood in '96 permanently. It's back over the years but not related to the movie Alien again.

I was 15 when I heard of it in '92.. couldn't quite convince my parents to fly to the UK.

I think there have been a few of these.

There's one that I believe still runs or has been run more recently but every time I try to look for it all I find is nutcases talking about actual alien invasions.

There was also an Aliens ride called "Alien: Ride at the speed of fright."

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/alien-movies/aliens-ride-at-the-speed-of-fright/

There's apparently also an Aliens game called: "Isolation" which I know nothing about set to release October seventh of this year.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/214490/

I just remember the Alien house in Glasgow and how awesome it looked. Back in my teens and early adulthood, the H.R. Giger Alien was one of my favorte things to draw, read about, and watch. Loved the movies. The Great Movie ride still makes me a little nervous in that particular scene. There is something truly frightening about them to me. Something.. well... alien.