Halloween Horror Nights 24 Speculation

When is the actual HHN 24 thread going to be up? I'm impatient and need to speculate!

When we actually have some hard information to speculate on.

And is anybody concerned about Mike's tweet and the "original maze" development, as in singular original maze?

And is anybody concerned about Mike's tweet and the "original maze" development, as in singular original maze?

I had noticed that but given that designingthefear added this "Mike later confirm this maze is an original concept and not a sequel to any past maze." to the tweets I guess that still leaves it open enough that they could do sequels to past original mazes (NIGHTINGALES!!).

i don't think he meant just the one original maze. I think he was just specifying for that maze write up that it was original. i don't expect anymore than 3 originals and a sequel this year, though. I think they'll do Insidious and AHS, another video game, another movie or 2, a sequel to either Catacombs or Nightingales (shit maybe both), and an original or two.

Killer Klownz has a real chance at being a house or zone, as Mike's been wanting to use the property for a while, Jack's rumored to be back somehow, and they said on the UTH tours they were looking into other 80's movies to translate into houses.

Also, not making London an AWIL scarezone would be a mega waste. Maybe not this year, but they have to do it sometime.

i don't think he meant just the one original maze. I think he was just specifying for that maze write up that it was original. i don't expect anymore than 3 originals and a sequel this year, though. I think they'll do Insidious and AHS, another video game, another movie or 2, a sequel to either Catacombs or Nightingales (shit maybe both), and an original or two.

Killer Klownz has a real chance at being a house or zone, as Mike's been wanting to use the property for a while, Jack's rumored to be back somehow, and they said on the UTH tours they were looking into other 80's movies to translate into houses.

Also, not making London an AWIL scarezone would be a mega waste. Maybe not this year, but they have to do it sometime.

Well... last year was only one original.

Think about it... Five IPs (AWiL, RE, TWD, ED, CitW), one sequel (Havoc), one transplant (La Llorona), and one original (Death Row).

This year (I really don't have too much to go on, but let's give it a shot), I expect five IPs (American Horror Story, Insidious, Purge, Resident Evil, Dead Space and maybe even Tell Tale's Walking Dead are all possible... either way, at least four), two sequels (Nightingales, Urban Legends), and one original (Terminal 13).

Wait, what? Inside joke, but the spacing of that blur on the cover page reminded me of a house concept I posted a while ago... zombie-filled airport... and after a train wreck last year, it's an entirely feasible transition.

• Like 1

Um Legacy you know they might include Sinister or Alien if its possible.

There's a ton of possibilities IP side. Hell, we could theoretically see Army of Darkness now that we've had Evil Dead.

Although in my heart of hearts, I don't see Sinister coming when we will more likely get Insidious, and Alien still may be a bridge too far. Dead Space (the video game) is more likely than Alien.

Well... last year was only one original.

Think about it... Five IPs (AWiL, RE, TWD, ED, CitW), one sequel (Havoc), one transplant (La Llorona), and one original (Death Row).

This year (I really don't have too much to go on, but let's give it a shot), I expect five IPs (American Horror Story, Insidious, Purge, Resident Evil, Dead Space and maybe even Tell Tale's Walking Dead are all possible... either way, at least four), two sequels (Nightingales, Urban Legends), and one original (Terminal 13).

Wait, what? Inside joke, but the spacing of that blur on the cover page reminded me of a house concept I posted a while ago... zombie-filled airport... and after a train wreck last year, it's an entirely feasible transition.

Oh i'm not doubting the possibility of only one original because that's very feasible. And for what it's worth I still consider LL to be half an original.

I'm expecting at least 4 IPs, including AHS and Insidious (the two i actually want), Nightingales, another Urban Legend and the original. I'd still consider the Urban Legend an original though.

We can let Hollywood keep The Purge scarezone over there because I can't see that being good.

I seriously don't understand where all the RE 2.0 rumors are coming from. Why the hell would they bring that back when it's not a draw like TWD was and it wasn't very well received last year? As a street, I'd be fine with that. But as a house? It's not necessary.

Dead Space is a good possibility, but Tell Tale's TWD? God i hope not. Not only do we have enough TWD, but why the hell would they do the video game and not the show?

I still expect another 80's movie to become a house. Maybe even in SS22 again.

As for streets, I expect them to bring back real individual scarezones. I can see RE and AWIL having one in NY/London.

Hmmm, just imagining a Jack cameo in a Killer Klownz house, now...

And I CANNOT WAIT to see what SZ's eventually find their way into the London streets. Imagine a new Body Collectors SZ set there, or a proper Jack the Ripper SZ. Isn't the new Dracula series NBC? That also takes place in London...

• Like 2

Killer Klowns has always been my dream house.

I used to wonder so much how a RE and Silent Hill houses would be like, but after being disappointed, the only dream house for me is Killer Klowns. it's the only one that I dream about now.

I don't even care if they even make it a good house, Just as long as they make the costumes look like the movie would be a dream come true for me.

Nightingales is a must. that and Catacombs. I don't care what IPs they bring this time around just as long as we get one of those two this year.
Like, even if the IPs suck or whatever, If we get to see a sequel to one of those two, that would be most excellent.

Any thoughts on the Legendary Truth investigation into the Horror Within? We spent HHN 23 investigating the Kerezan lineage and we were constantly told they were different. Perhaps it is time to spend HHN 24 delving deeper into the caves to research a different bloodline. There have been several Strengoit references so far and with the new Dracula series, maybe we can count on Strengoits. I don't think every house and scarezone has to relate to the lineage directly, but enough ties should be made to fully conduct our investigation. (For example, the Super Soldiers are Baccanoids, but were represented in a Kerezan year.)

American Horror Story: The Coven would fit a Strengoit investigation nicely. From the Coven house to the Salon and from the bayou to the St. Louis Cemetery, there is so much content that would work nicely. The tie to Salem would be perfect and they can easily have a return of the Coven scarezone from HHN 20.

Besides AHS, I have heard mumblings of Resident Evil making a return. I would also imagine another Hollywood house coming to Orlando - Insidious or El Cucuy, probably the former based on IP popularity. Other IPs are more than likely to appear since they do draw in the general public.

I'm always a fan of sequel houses and I agree that we might be getting another sequel. Nightingales and Catacombs are the two popular choices. But what about Hades? It was also followed by a colon, indicating the possibility of a sequel house (Hades: Gates of Ruin). The Sirens are Strengoits (so I'm obsessed about making some ties into the Legions or Horror, if you didn't know by now) and we've wanted a Dante's Inferno type house for a while. Lust, one of the sinners from the 7 scarezone is also Strengoit.

But, I will say, if we get a Killer Klownz from Outer Space scarezone (I think it is more likely than a house), I would be in heaven! So it doesn't tie into my master plan stated above ... it needed to happen years ago and here's hoping that it will still happen sometime soon. This would be a way to bring Jack back and give him a purpose at the event. I'm not a big Jack fan, but I do miss seeing clowns at the event.

I'm personally hoping for Killer Klownz, AHS, Catacombs sequel, and a Nightingales sequel... If I had it my way, I'd replace TWD with a house based on the seven deadly sins. I'd also enjoy a house based on the old Icons again, perhaps as a way to bring back Icons of the past. Several original scarezones as well, though I haven't any ideas at the moment. Most likely we'll get IP houses, few scarezones, and a huge rehash of TWD though.

Well there's the obvious Vlad/Dracula Untold reference. Red herring? It would be only fitting to have a red herring that's...red.

I don't think it's Dracula. Like I said in the Hollywood forum, Dracula would be more action/adventure-focused. I think the Purge would be more likely as the shared "2014" IP for both Hollywood and Orlando.

Also, if you guys do get Killer Klowns from Outter Space, I'll be jealous. Haha. Anyone think that could be the 3D maze of the year?

I don't think it's Dracula. Like I said in the Hollywood forum, Dracula would be more action/adventure-focused.

I would agree, hence the red herring suggestion.

Oh hey, maybe it's not human blood. Maybe it's goat blood. Duh.

Edited by ferox