Halloween Horror Nights 24 Speculation

Shaq as the Icon

Houses

Cold(er) Blind(er) Terror...(er)

Fear Factor 2

Anxiety in 2-D

60 Minute Wait or Less: The House

Terminator House - Go through the life on an exterminator whose too lazy to repaint the EX on his car

Shaquile O' Feals - Get felt up by shaq in this blindfolded adventure

Scarezones

Your Luck has Walked Out: Lady Luck returns in a park wide scarezone to shit on any dreams you had of good traditional scarezones.

BOOK IT

Edited by Dr. D
  • Like 7

I had a dream about HHN yesterday and I dreamed next year there were no scarezones........

Anyways, Another thing my dream made me think about is,
What if they did a "Haunted Halloween store" house. It's like you would have this really big store full of halloween props (Like Spirit) and then the props would come to life.
So they could literally put Anything in the house and it would just be halloween decorations or props coming to life.

I would like to see something like that. Maybe a warehouse or something.

• Like 1

Shaq as the Icon

Houses

Cold(er) Blind(er) Terror...(er)

Fear Factor 2

Anxiety in 2-D

60 Minute Wait or Less: The House

Terminator House - Go through the life on an exterminator whose too lazy to repaint the EX on his car

Shaquile O' Feals - Get felt up by shaq in this blindfolded adventure

Scarezones

Your Luck has Walked Out: Lady Luck returns in a park wide scarezone to shit on any dreams you had of good traditional scarezones.

BOOK IT

I vote this! Best HHN ever.

• Like 1

I decided to look through horror films back to 2011 to see what could be adapted next year. Here's a list on what I think could work... (Not mentioning anything that was mentioned before, so things like Insidious won't be on this list.)

You're Next- This probably has more chance of being featured in a "compilation" house, admittedly.

Carrie- If the entire house is the prom scene then probably, besides that...meh.

Prometheus- If Disney decides to be nice, maybe.

The Collector/Collection- If they ever feel like they need another Saw-like house

Rubber- Nah, I'm kidding.

Scream- After it's mixed reception at Hollywood, who knows? Hopefully we would give Ghostface a house (No offense, Hollywood).

Don't be Afraid of the Dark- Can't really say anything, but the story seems interesting to me and the creatures seem terrifying enough.

Town that Dreaded Sundown- Was mentioned over in the Hollywood thread, so I'd thought I would bring up the idea over here. Hollywood may have a better chance due to having relations with Jason Blum for Insidious though.

REC/Quarantine- REC does have it's fourth film coming out in 2014. Would probably be under the Quarantine name though.

EDIT: Just remembered Scream had a scene in All Nite Die In: Take 2

Edited by ForeverEvil1

I was SO disappointed with the streets this past year. My biggest wish is that there is NO MORE WALKING DEAD. I really don't give a crap if Uni buys AMC.. I hated the streets so much, I quit watching the damn show. Don't care. Don't care if I ever hear that stupid music again, or if I ever see another boring zombie again.

I missed being immersed in the event by the varied scarezones. I really, really want those to come back. I don't even care what they are - as long as they have different ones set up all over the park - not a single "theme" EVER AGAIN.

I loved, loved, LOVED American Werewolf - thought the entire house was just brilliant, the puppets were beautiful, and it was just very well executed. I felt the same about Cabin - the execution of that house was flawless. These are the kinds of things they should be focusing on - mixing the old and the new to widen the range and the appeal of the event. Clearly, they have the talent for it when they are allowed to do what they do best.

Then, you throw in something like LaLorona (loved this as well), and the mix is now perfect. I'll take another house like LaLorona any day - something original, something based in childhood, ingrained fears - not too many things better than that.

I've read here that people think "The Purge" might make an appearance? I hope that's not true - the movie SUCKED. I am beyond shocked that they are considering a sequel to it. I mean, seriously, what a pile of shit. I hope they don't go near it.

Go with true horror - Insidious or The Conjuring (now THS is a house I'd love to see - holy god, what a GREAT movie).

• Like 1

(mind you, i've not read anything from Lovecraft shamefully, so maybe it wouldn't work in a tent for all i know. That's just my guess)

Oh you should in fact a great deal of his stories are on You Tube and you can listen to them. At the Mountains of Madness, Shadow over Innsmouth, Herbert West Reanimator, The Red Hook Terror, Pickman's Model, The Color Out of Space, and The Shunned house are a good sampling of some of his best.

• Like 1

Oh you should in fact a great deal of his stories are on You Tube and you can listen to them. At the Mountains of Madness, Shadow over Innsmouth, Herbert West Reanimator, The Red Hook Terror, Pickman's Model, The Color Out of Space, and The Shunned house are a good sampling of some of his best.

To play off the HP Lovecraft house ideas, I would love a Re-Animator house. Given that they told us on the UTH tour that A&D are looking for more 80's movies to make houses off of, this seems like a natural fit. It could be an excellent dark comedy house (although I am not sure they would be allowed to recreate the most iconic scene from the movie) and still fill the Lovecraft quota.

• 2 weeks later...

Adding to the rumor mill, apparently there's a new site providing info for HHN. While for me I'd take these with a grain of salt, some are fairly amusing.

http://www.orlandoinformer.com/2013/rumor-roud-up-december-20-univsersal-orlando/

Out of the three rumors, the one they seem fairly certain on is Insidious. An' that it'll be expanded from Hollywood's version with scenes from both films.

The second rumor is American Horror Story, with it being said that UC is talking with the producers of the show, and they're pumped at the possibility of being featured. (I'll admit that little comment raises an' eyebrow for me, since wasn't the AHS house planned for this year scrapped due to creative differences?)

The third rumor....another return of Jack. So far it's being said he'll have his own show, as the actor who played the Grinch in the Grinchmas show has signed a contract for. (If this does happen, cue the whining from those clamoring for original stuff.)

The third rumor....another return of Jack. So far it's being said he'll have his own show, as the actor who played the Grinch in the Grinchmas show has signed a contract for. (If this does happen, cue the whining from those clamoring for original stuff.)

I do find the vinyl an odd choice for last year...

I'd take Jack gladly... or any other icon rehash over TWD again.

• Like 5

Id like to have Jack back for sure. He is HHN.

Ill never forget in (maybe 2009) leaving the park and his was sitting at one of those tent where you can get your palm read or whatever adn he start tearing into my wife and me. Im 6'5" and my wife is 5'... he started making fun of us and it was great. whomever played him in those years was awesome!!!

I would love a house Inside one of the London buildings that is designated for storage or a over flow queue line. I know this is never happened but I miss the jaws location. It just seems to be empty over in that part if the park

I would love a house Inside one of the London buildings that is designated for storage or a over flow queue line. I know this is never happened but I miss the jaws location. It just seems to be empty over in that part if the park

Give it a couple of years. Looking at initial layouts, it was believed that there would be a queue designed specifically to allow people into Diagon Alley. In a few years, theoretically, that area won't be needed during the off season could then be turned into a house.