Halloween Horror Nights 24 Speculation

Hell yes to AHS and Insidious. Only thing about AHS is that i would really prefer they give it solely to season 3 and not a "best of" type deal like they did with TWD 1.0. Not saying that'd be bad because all 3 seasons are amazing and loan a lot of house material, but i think Season 3 has enough material to stand on it's own and be one hell of a witch/voodoo house with some incredible set design. And both would have to be in a SS.

I have no problem with another video game because RE's only big problems (for me, in my opinion, were costumes and some SA placement) are easily fixable. So if there's awesome set design again, good costumes, and a greatly designed layout, i don't care what game it is.

The Purge i'm a little iffy on. Mind you i haven't actually seen the movie, but i guess it could work well. The one property i would LOVE to see turned into a house is Pink Floyd's "The Wall". The album/movie/stage show all loan a lot of great material that could translate into an incredible house, though i think getting the rights to do that would be basically impossible, considering David Gilmour and Roger Waters have separate ownership of the name and music.

I fully expect at least 4 IPs one more time before HHN25. They can have 3/4 SSs (if they use 4 again) and the Parade if necessary, but i really want an original SS next year. If it HAS to be a sequel, Catacombs and Nightingales would suffice, though if they do decide to use Catacombs (no arguments about that), it could just go in a tent again.

I'm not so sure about them doing a 4th 3D house in a row. Afterlife was on the lower side of reviews and was always showing a fairly short line, even while being the only house right next to B&T. If they did another 3D IP, then maybe. But i think a 3D house has a slimmer chance of happening next year.

Location wise, i can see the SSs holding 3 IPs and either Nightingales or an original, Parade being an IP, tents original, another Urban Legend, or one of them Catacombs, and the only thing i can think of for Disaster is maybe another Urban Legend that has to with a jungle or a place with warmer temperatures, since it's an outside venue.

well American Horror Story 3 has been pretty lame. Not a lot they could work with besides the

Zombies and the minotaur

I mean, They can do Way more with the other two seasons, Or if they do a best of. I just don't see that much with season 3. it has been lacking. (Unless they do a witches/voodo generic house)

another wishful thinking idea I had that I Know is impossible now would have been to have Marvel Zombies as a zone or house. I know, I know it would not happen in a million years.

But I was trying to imagine a zone or house with zombie versions of the super heroes, that would be amazing to me. Just thinking about the costumes and the music... oh well.

another wishful thinking idea I had that I Know is impossible now would have been to have Marvel Zombies as a zone or house. I know, I know it would not happen in a million years.
But I was trying to imagine a zone or house with zombie versions of the super heroes, that would be amazing to me. Just thinking about the costumes and the music... oh well.

I have been wishing for a Marvel Zombies house or scare zone ever since before I went the first time. I sort of hope that Universal makes a deal with DC, as then they could do a Blackest Night maze or scare zone.

AHS: Coven has plenty to work with.

Madame LaLaurie's Chamber of Horrors - Victims

The School Lobby - Plague Doctor witches from the opening episode

The Greenhouse - Minotaur or Zombie Madison or Kyle

The Salon and Throne - Voodoo witches and queen

Coven Bedroom - Axeman

Kitchen - Lalaurie and Zombies

Gator Camp - Rednecks/Gator Puppets

Spalding's Room - Spalding and Madison

Swamp Witch's Hut - Witch, Kyle, Myrtle

Dining Hall - Dead Supreme(s)

Lawn - Zombies

Also available locations are the Myrtle being burned at the stake, morgue and the hospital. The variety of locations are insanely broad, and there are enough characters to make it not too "samey."

• Like 2

AHS: Coven has plenty to work with.

Madame LaLaurie's Chamber of Horrors - Victims

The School Lobby - Plague Doctor witches from the opening episode

The Greenhouse - Minotaur or Zombie Madison or Kyle

The Salon and Throne - Voodoo witches and queen

Coven Bedroom - Axeman

Kitchen - Lalaurie and Zombies

Gator Camp - Rednecks/Gator Puppets

Spalding's Room - Spalding and Madison

Swamp Witch's Hut - Witch, Kyle, Myrtle

Dining Hall - Dead Supreme(s)

Lawn - Zombies

Also available locations are the Myrtle being burned at the stake, morgue and the hospital. The variety of locations are insanely broad, and there are enough characters to make it not too "samey."

Absolutely. Not to mention New Orleans can loan some awesome set design. The entrance through the gate and into the Coven house would be amazing.

Y'all know the season isn't over yet either, right?

Exactly. We're not even halfway through and there's already enough material to make a badass house. I wouldn't be surprised if they made a "best of " AHS house to grab in all of the show's fans who maybe didn't like 1 or 2 of the seasons, but Coven is definitely house material.

I guess they would have enough to work with from season 3...

I know how everyone is saying no more walking dead and how no one thinks they have anything to work with from Season 4 from walking dead.
but I could see how they could have another house for next year. (I am not trying to be sarcastic about AHS I just saw the last episode)

We never got a forest in either house. We never got trees or anything, The forest scarezone doesn't count. I'm talking about rooms designed as forest parts from the show.

if they wanted to make a whole new house for next year they could make it a forest house, Have the camp set up, Bring the tank from the scarezone Inside the house. Bring the deer eater.
Instead of the prison just have a forest part of the room with fences falling on you like in this season. Maybe have a bunch of fake bodies breaking the fence. have the sick zombies with blood on their face.
I mean, I thought we would get a woods room this year, but we didn't. And Hollywood last year had forest and camp parts in their house. So it can be done.
Im not saying I want this, Im not saying I hope for it to come back. But if they do they could totally do this. And a forest zombie house is something I wanted since 2012 when we found out about WD. they have not done that yet, so it would techincally be new. no walls, no buildings, just make a woods/forest house full of zombies.

Edited by LV-426
  • Like 1

I guess they would have enough to work with from season 3...

I know how everyone is saying no more walking dead and how no one thinks they have anything to work with from Season 4 from walking dead.

but I could see how they could have another house for next year. (I am not trying to be sarcastic about AHS I just saw the last episode)

We never got a forest in either house. We never got trees or anything, The forest scarezone doesn't count. I'm talking about rooms designed as forest parts from the show.

if they wanted to make a whole new house for next year they could make it a forest house, Have the camp set up, Bring the tank from the scarezone Inside the house. Bring the deer eater.

Instead of the prison just have a forest part of the room with fences falling on you like in this season. Maybe have a bunch of fake bodies breaking the fence. have the sick zombies with blood on their face.

I mean, I thought we would get a woods room this year, but we didn't. And Hollywood last year had forest and camp parts in their house. So it can be done.

Im not saying I want this, Im not saying I hope for it to come back. But if they do they could totally do this. And a forest zombie house is something I wanted since 2012 when we found out about WD. they have not done that yet, so it would techincally be new. no walls, no buildings, just make a woods/forest house full of zombies.

As much as I don't want another Walking Dead house, having watched the season so far, I have to agree with this statement. But, getting of the TV topic (for now), considering Curse came out this year and Hollywood had a scare zone off of it, I wonder if Chucky has a chance of returning?

• Like 1

The highest rank it got in Amazon horror sales is 96. The complete Chucky collection seems to be doing better, but that's as part of a larger box set.

The best I've got from what little information seems to be out there is that it's doing alright for a direct to dvd movie.

• Like 1

Surprised nobody has brought up the idea of there possibly not being a Disaster house for HHN 24. Earlier rumors had said that the ride would be getting a major overhaul to become a King Kong attraction, but those rumors have calmed down abit and now it looks like that it'll get a major refurb at the least with changes to the station, queue, effects, RV's, etc.

Edited by Coast

Actually, I was just thinking that we could potentially see a return to Islands as a "ten-year anniversary." It would allow crowds to swamp Diagon Alley for an extended period and not force the Studios to close early during the season following its opening.

It would be fairly simple to pull off. Houses in Carnage, Thunderfall Terrace, Discovery Center, and potentially Poseidon. Extend paths similarly to 2004, only instead of going all the way into the Studios cut through the soundstages. That opens all of the soundstages for use, and queuing off to the sides in a "butterfly" like effect.

• Like 1

Actually, I was just thinking that we could potentially see a return to Islands as a "ten-year anniversary." It would allow crowds to swamp Diagon Alley for an extended period and not force the Studios to close early during the season following its opening.

It would be fairly simple to pull off. Houses in Carnage, Thunderfall Terrace, Discovery Center, and potentially Poseidon. Extend paths similarly to 2004, only instead of going all the way into the Studios cut through the soundstages. That opens all of the soundstages for use, and queuing off to the sides in a "butterfly" like effect.

Every year I keep hoping for a two park or Islands HHN year, every year I keep getting sad.

I honestly thought with the amount of people Walking Dead brough, plus the Potter construction I thought maybe 2013 would be a 2 park HHN. I mean, it would have made sense I though.

I still keep hope that I will be able to see HHN at Islands.... Still keep hope alive.

Surprised nobody has brought up the idea of there possibly not being a Disaster house for HHN 24

Silverwood has an awesome looking attraction called ZombieWood Express where you join a convoy to escape the invasion and the actors on board fire at zombies through different scenes and it ends with a giant explosion. A real ride like this would be a great way to expand The Walking Dead other than just doing another scarezone and house. While it would be easy at Hollywood with the Tram Tour, Orlando only has Hogwarts Express (not gonna happen) and Disaster.

They could have the queue going through the preshow and then have some actors in the Earthquake scene and then disembark in the maintenance area and then go though a maze through the outdoor field and Disaster's overflow queue.

(Not sure if they can get actors in the Earthquake scene though)

• Like 1

We ALMOST had AHS last year but FOX couldnt get the stick out of there ass.. Evil Dead replaced it.

Insidious could happen but Mike wrote a tweet a while ago saying Dead End was Insidious almost.

I also predict we'll have a 2 park event sooner or later, and I dont see us having 9 houses anytime soon.

To be honest I dont want a Hollywood house in our park, let A&D do something else.

I also might note the lagoon walkway in Front of London was built with HHN in mind...

I do predict well might see Killer Klowns from Outer Space as well a Voodoo House

However here is what we do KNOW

http://designingfear.com/?p=2812

Edited by DesigningtheFear
  • Like 1

This probably isn't going to ever happen, but I would absolutely love for them to incorporate a street experience where they bring back their original scarezones with the designated areas, but also have roaming hordes like the ones from last year going around the park filling in all the gaps. I feel like that would be the ultimate street experience.

• Like 1

What I want:

An H.P. LoveCraft house... A best of house would be cool but Shadow over Innsmouth or at The Mountains of Madness would be epic.

A voodoo based house... If you have to do AHS.. so be it. I don't care for the show nor understand how it translates into a house. I guess the thrid would work much better though.

Urban Legends compliation house (or a Scary Tales IV)... the best urban legends in the same house. Jersey Devil, Dover Demon, Bunny Man, etc. throw in some creepy pastas... candle cove, etc.... sure give slender Man a room.

a dark comedy house

Nightingales but in a different era... would like to see the civil war.

Also Individualized Scarezones

What I don't want:

Resident Evil

Any houses based on Rock bands

a 3D house

Since they have a Lovecraft concept and want to do it, i could see it going in a tent. Not necessarily this year, but whenever they decide to do it, i see it going in a tent (mind you, i've not read anything from Lovecraft shamefully, so maybe it wouldn't work in a tent for all i know. That's just my guess)

I never heard they had creative differences over AHS, so i figured they'd just try to use it again this year. But if that's the case, maybe they'll come to an agreement on season 3. If not, original voodoo house is great too.

ST4 or an Urban Legends compilation house is a great idea. Put it in the Parade Building and instead of focusing on one like LL, have a room or 2 for a few different ones. That has potential to be just as good as Scary Tales was.

We didn't really have a comedy house this year, and they usually do, so i can see that going in Disaster again.

I fully expect either Catacombs or Nightingales to come back. I think it'll just depend on what location they have left. If they have an open SS, they'll do Nightingales (though Catacombs could definitely work in a SS). If they have a tent open, Catacombs will return.

They went back to regular scarezones this year because the roaming hordes weren't very popular. It doesn't seem like the TWD overload in the streets was a very popular idea, so maybe they'll go back to individually themed scarezones. With London going to be fully open, they could potentially do an AWIL scarezone if they figure out a way to use the puppets outside. They wouldn't even have to add anything to the area. London facades, the Knight Bus is (supposedly) gonna be there. Just find a way to use the puppets, reuse the costumes, and there you go.

I really don't see how RE coming back is even a possibility. It's not a big enough property to attract enough people to justify a sequel, IMO.

I think we're good on any rock based houses unless they bring over Sabbath. I wouldn't mind a "The Wall" house, though.

I don't see a 3D house happening next year. We've had one 3 years in a row, and this year's wasn't very popular or well received. Hopefully they give up the 3D gimmick for a few years.

• Like 1