Halloween Horror Nights 24 Speculation

Catacombs was disqualified? wtf? oh god.... this is going to drive me nuts now... not knowing why. I hope that doesn't mean we wont get a sequel or something

It shouldn't impact any potential sequel.

I honestly think the reason Havoc, specifically, got the sequel deals with location. Franchise houses are a thing now, whether you like them or not, so almost any thing we have seen since 2010 is a possibility. This year, 2013, was a bit odd. The IPs were given and they effectively blocked the Soundstage/Parade as potential locations for a house. La Llorona was desired property and because of the detail was best suited to a sprung. A 3-D house was desired, and has to be enclosed so that takes the other sprung.

That means a returning franchise house was limited ONLY to Disaster's queue. If you really think about which original characters could return and justifiably work in an outdoor queue, Havoc is on an incredibly short list. Catacombs is too aethstetically similar to La Llorona, Nightingales' effects and similarly the details would be muddled and hurt by light bleed and being outdoors.

And that's about it.

Plan and simple, while 2014 may again be an IP heavy year, I fully expect 2015 (HHN25) to be nothing but sequels. Fear, the icons, everything. Hell, the story may even be Fear invading Terra Cuentes.

• Like 2

Catacombs has been mentioned several times, and I agree. I have a theory, though. On this season of The Walking Dead there is a flu that is going around and killing people. So, if HHN does another Catacombs it makes the fans happy because there is no more TWD and it makes the general public happy because they will think it's Walking Dead anyway.

• Like 1

It shouldn't impact any potential sequel.

I honestly think the reason Havoc, specifically, got the sequel deals with location. Franchise houses are a thing now, whether you like them or not, so almost any thing we have seen since 2010 is a possibility. This year, 2013, was a bit odd. The IPs were given and they effectively blocked the Soundstage/Parade as potential locations for a house. La Llorona was desired property and because of the detail was best suited to a sprung. A 3-D house was desired, and has to be enclosed so that takes the other sprung.

That means a returning franchise house was limited ONLY to Disaster's queue. If you really think about which original characters could return and justifiably work in an outdoor queue, Havoc is on an incredibly short list. Catacombs is too aethstetically similar to La Llorona, Nightingales' effects and similarly the details would be muddled and hurt by light bleed and being outdoors.

And that's about it.

Plan and simple, while 2014 may again be an IP heavy year, I fully expect 2015 (HHN25) to be nothing but sequels. Fear, the icons, everything. Hell, the story may even be Fear invading Terra Cuentes.

That reasoning makes a lot of sense for HAVOC and why that one was chosen.

As far as HHN25, i agree that it'll be HHN16 Part 2, unless they pull what they did in HHN20 and do mostly original, but it's doubtful. I'd say hopefully half original half sequels. But doesn't the Terra Queen/Terra Cuentes come about every 15 years in the story? If that's so, that shouldn't come back until HHN30 in 2020 (if it's still around, which it probably will be).

• Like 1

Since it seems Jeepers Creepers is getting a third movie made soon, I wonder how likely it would be to have a Jeepers Creepers house.

Gothic showed us that we can have a night sky room with flying Gargoyle. That could definitely work for a JC house.

The producer was a convicted sex offender. That might be a problem.

I want American Horror Story and Insidious.

They're both very well known and would make good ip houses. No videos games. Please.

100% agreed. Well, I would want ONE more video game house, like Alone in the Dark, Clock Tower, or Fatal Frame.

EDIT:I just realized Fatal Frame could totally use the Dead Exposure camera flash...

Edited by ForeverEvil1

V/H/S 2 would make for a great ip if the awareness existed. But that's a big if.

It's not really an "if." The awareness doesn't exist. If Hollywood hasn't done Trick R Treat because of a lack of awareness, there is little (read no) chance Orlando a lesser-known property.

That said, with The Purge 2 being announced for next summer, that's a hard front-runner to fill the "Evil Dead" role.

• Like 1

are you going to orlando next year?
That's what the plan is. Buying plane tickets some time in the next few months.
Wouldn't the awareness not existing make it a bigger if? I thought that the bigger the "if" is the more unlikely the if is. Hence the "that's a big if" thing. But linguistics aside, V/H/S doesn't stand a chance.
VHS would never happen unless one of the sequels had a wide theater release and did exceptinally well.

It's not really an "if." The awareness doesn't exist. If Hollywood hasn't done Trick R Treat because of a lack of awareness, there is little (read no) chance Orlando a lesser-known property.

That said, with The Purge 2 being announced for next summer, that's a hard front-runner to fill the "Evil Dead" role.

That was Murdy's reasoning the first time around... since then it's been an issue with whether or not Warner Bros. (the FORMER owners of the rights to the film) will allow it to happen...

The problem with Bioshock is that it's not a horror game. While it's spooky and the art-deco styling lends itself well to a haunt, it's not a Resident Evil or a Silent Hill (or a Fatal Frame, or a House of the Dead, or an Alone in the Dark). If the franchise isn't readily identified as a horror, it's not justifiable. Dead Space would have a much chance if it were better known. We already had a "Rapture-inspired" art-deco house, and that will likely be the best we get.

• Like 1

Really hope we get American Horror Story and Insidious. If we need 2 more IPs I'd say a video game house (preferably Bioshock or Deadspace) and The Purge. Then 4 originals and an icon and we're set.

Hell yes to AHS and Insidious. Only thing about AHS is that i would really prefer they give it solely to season 3 and not a "best of" type deal like they did with TWD 1.0. Not saying that'd be bad because all 3 seasons are amazing and loan a lot of house material, but i think Season 3 has enough material to stand on it's own and be one hell of a witch/voodoo house with some incredible set design. And both would have to be in a SS.

I have no problem with another video game because RE's only big problems (for me, in my opinion, were costumes and some SA placement) are easily fixable. So if there's awesome set design again, good costumes, and a greatly designed layout, i don't care what game it is.

The Purge i'm a little iffy on. Mind you i haven't actually seen the movie, but i guess it could work well. The one property i would LOVE to see turned into a house is Pink Floyd's "The Wall". The album/movie/stage show all loan a lot of great material that could translate into an incredible house, though i think getting the rights to do that would be basically impossible, considering David Gilmour and Roger Waters have separate ownership of the name and music.

I fully expect at least 4 IPs one more time before HHN25. They can have 3/4 SSs (if they use 4 again) and the Parade if necessary, but i really want an original SS next year. If it HAS to be a sequel, Catacombs and Nightingales would suffice, though if they do decide to use Catacombs (no arguments about that), it could just go in a tent again.

I'm not so sure about them doing a 4th 3D house in a row. Afterlife was on the lower side of reviews and was always showing a fairly short line, even while being the only house right next to B&T. If they did another 3D IP, then maybe. But i think a 3D house has a slimmer chance of happening next year.

Location wise, i can see the SSs holding 3 IPs and either Nightingales or an original, Parade being an IP, tents original, another Urban Legend, or one of them Catacombs, and the only thing i can think of for Disaster is maybe another Urban Legend that has to with a jungle or a place with warmer temperatures, since it's an outside venue.