Halloween Horror Nights 24 Speculation

I was excited that during the annual survey, Universal asked if I'd be interested about including old icons and having a collectable map.

I can't remember if they asked that in previous years but it did make me excited if they had them for next year.

Well if that did happen, it would be my first year with an Icon and overarching theme to the event.

I've heard several people say that the new Potter side will be closed off for HHN, with different reasons as to why.

I heard the same thing, from my BTS guide- basically because without J.K's approval for anything (be it a HHN section within the HP area, or HP being used during HHN period) they can't have it open or use it.

• Like 1

I heard the same thing, from my BTS guide- basically because without J.K's approval for anything (be it a HHN section within the HP area, or HP being used during HHN period) they can't have it open or use it.

They most officially statement on if they'd be able to use HP during Horror Nights was "We haven't asked." That also included a conversation about a story featuring fractured souls, murderous wizards, blood, death and monsters. What makes you think the person who wrote that story would a problem with a Halloween event where the darker elements of her story could come to life?

• Like 1

They most officially statement on if they'd be able to use HP during Horror Nights was "We haven't asked." That also included a conversation about a story featuring fractured souls, murderous wizards, blood, death and monsters. What makes you think the person who wrote that story would a problem with a Halloween event where the darker elements of her story could come to life?

technically it makes no sense... I agree. Seems pretty stupid to have a problem with the event while the books have all those creepy things in them.

Also The Springfield area is not closed off. It has nothing to do with HHN and people were able to go there and eat and relax. No problems with Springfield and HHN being there.

Having said that, like Veritas said, It really is starting to sound from what I hear around that the potter land will not be open for HHN, which is going to suck. Everyone is telling me to forget about Harry Potter area being open during HHN.

Specially if we happen to get bad streets like this year..... That's is Really really going to sck.

Edited by LV-426

When it comes to Potter, if it's not open for HHN then I'm 99.9% certain it'll be due to WB and not J.K. Rowling. After all, Rowling was totally fine with Forbidden Journey's original incarnation. However, it was all toned down due to WB not wanting it scary.

• Like 1

I can 100 Percent understand they don't want any kind of scarezone or anything near it. I get that. I get that they won't let Harry Potter be scary at all.

what I couldn't understand from this is if WB says no to let it be open. This area could work for people that want to relax and not be scared. And it would greatly help crowds to have this open.
I know if it is open I would probably spend most of the time here IF we get crappy scarezones again and if the lines are 1 hour. I would probably hang out around the Potter Area.

Diagon Alley being open would up the capacity of the park (along with the 8 houses and 2-3 shows), which means they can sell more tickets and express passes, which means more people are there to spend money on food and merch. Not to mention, it'll be a 4-5 month old area that most people that will attend haven't seen yet, so it'll be a major draw and an excellent people eater, which will help lines for the houses and make the streets a little less crowded. It's a win-win-win situation to have it open. They'd make tons more money than they would without it and it also will help even out the crowds more.

Now if they made HP a house, there's no amount of crowd control they could do to even out those crowds.

• Like 1

As far as general wishful thinking as the whole event goes I want an icon and backstory that we can cling on to. I know some were disappointed with the Lady Luck and Fear's depth and backstory however they had enough of one that I would personally be fine with one that had even that much depth doesn't need to be Bloody Mary deep. That is one I would love and the second is a big hit in scare zones. Who knew after all the complaining about the Legions we could go even lower with TWD scarezones? Lol! The actors and design of what was there was great but to far and few inbetween and the lack of diversity really killed it for me. So even if we can't go back to 21 and before type streets I do want diversity at the very least and to cover way more ground. It felt like 3/4 of the park was not being utilized for street material. Those are the two things I feel like I want to almost even demand of Universal. Usually over the years I have been a huge advocate of original houses however this year really turned me around and now I am conflicted. I loved La Llorona, it was fantastic and was almost my HOTY but eventually I turned to CITW and gave LL 2nd place and AWIL 3rd. However Havoc (despite fantastic actors who gave me wonderful personal attention) and Afterlife were clearly the worst this year and now I don't know what to think. I agree with the others and think a 4/4 ratio would be preferable however I am not as hesitant towards IPs as I was before.

• Like 1

It would be great if they would build the Bates Motel and the House as the facade/exterior in a soundstage. I've never been in a PsychoPath house so I can imagine:

A creepy front desk scene with Norman.

A peeping Tom seen where Norman can try to get you while you're looking through the peepholes.

A horrifying human taxidermy scene (I think they were hinting at in the TV series).

Any scene in the Bates' house from the original movie (Milton's death, Ms. Bates reveal)

They did a From Dusk Til Dawn house already...

Crap I forgot to ask how much Demon Cantina resembled From Dusk Till Dawn.

I would assume that Universal's current special effects could replicate the movie's better than 2005. Plus I think it hit's that sweet spot for horror movie fans that grew up watching it on cable like AWIL.

One thing I do wish, that is never going to happen but I still wish it did, Is that I wish they repeated houses. Specially from before 2006. I wish they would just bring some of the best houses from the past back, the same way they were.

I mean, It's going to be almost a decade from when people saw these houses. I can't even remember houses I did 4 years ago. I'm just saying this because I know someone can say "We don't want any repeats that stupid we want all New Sutff!!!" But, how bad would it be if they brought back houses from the time HHN was done over at Islands. But done in the other park.

I know we get sequels sometimes, but I just wish they could bring some houses back every year. the best ones from the past.

• Like 1

One thing I do wish, that is never going to happen but I still wish it did, Is that I wish they repeated houses. Specially from before 2006. I wish they would just bring some of the best houses from the past back, the same way they were.

I mean, It's going to be almost a decade from when people saw these houses. I can't even remember houses I did 4 years ago. I'm just saying this because I know someone can say "We don't want any repeats that stupid we want all New Sutff!!!" But, how bad would it be if they brought back houses from the time HHN was done over at Islands. But done in the other park.

I know we get sequels sometimes, but I just wish they could bring some houses back every year. the best ones from the past.

If Mike Allielo takes over Hollywood, I would not mind at all if they copied and pasted the houses over here. Of course they'd have to make them fit.

• Like 1

I wish for something similar to this except with bad houses. They would be in different locations and changed in whatever way needed to make them as good as they should have been when they were originally there. Examples would be Reflections of Fear and The Spawning. Though, this would just be one event.

• Like 2

I guess the only realistic way would be to get sequels to houses. So I guess I wish they made a lot more sequels to older houses. Thinking about this, I could already see people whinning about houses being repeated Even if they never saw the originals. I still don't really understand why Havoc got a sequel when they could have made sequels to better houses.

I kind of also wish we got some scarezones back as well. I would love to see Esqueleto Muerte appear again.

I still don't really understand why Havoc got a sequel.

This. I have absolutely no idea why a house that was only so successful because of its cast (and won HOTY only because Catacombs was disqualified i've heard, though i don't know if that's true) got a sequel where most of its original cast wasn't present. The house in 2010 was definitely fun and the casts were awesome, but it really didn't need a sequel, especially when A. it would've made a better street and B. most of the original cast wasn't brought back (some of them probably aren't even scareacting anymore) to make the house better than it was, though that was probably the smallest problem that house had.

Edited by foREVer56
  • Like 1

This. I have absolutely no idea why a house that was only so successful because of its cast (and won HOTY only because Catacombs was disqualified i've heard, though i don't know if that's true) got a sequel where most of its original cast wasn't present. The house in 2010 was definitely fun and the casts were awesome, but it really didn't need a sequel, especially when A) it would've made a better street and B) most of the original cast wasn't brought back (some of them probably aren't even scareacting anymore) to make the house better than it was, though that was probably the smallest problem that house had.

The disqualification rumor is more true than false, though the specifics are a little peculiar.

And why was Havoc granted a sequel? The story that they told allows for a fairly cheap, "out-door" house that doesn't have to rely on melting make-up or suffocating mask in the Florida heat. In other words... it was simple, effective and unique.

• Like 2