Diagon Alley: Open or Closed for HHN?

I see a lot of talk about this on a few different HHN23 threads and they don't really belong there, so here's one thread to talk about it. Would you like to see Diagon Alley (all of it or any part of it) open during HHN, and do you think they will open it? Or do you think HP will be used as a property for something at HHN, whether it's a house, street, or show?

As for DA being open, if WB won't let them use Potter as a property for HHN (which would be a huge waste of potential), i expect at least Gringotts to be open. It's a new ride and part of the most popular franchise in Orlando, so that would be the greatest people eater in the park. Keep the shops open for people that don't go to Uni during the day and that section is still a cash cow even during HHN. They'd lose a lot of money not keeping Diagon Alley open during HHN i think.

Discuss.

As for DA being open, if WB won't let them use Potter as a property for HHN (which would be a huge waste of potential), i expect at least Gringotts to be open. It's a new ride and part of the most popular franchise in Orlando, so that would be the greatest people eater in the park. Keep the shops open for people that don't go to Uni during the day and that section is still a cash cow even during HHN. They'd lose a lot of money not keeping Diagon Alley open during HHN i think.

Discuss.

I do not see them being able to do anything directly HP related for HHN. That being said, I believe having the ride and shops open allows for more capacity so I have to imagine those things will be open so that they are allowed to squeeze more guests into the park.

Since both will be big cash cows for UO for 2014, I imagine they have this worked out already. That they will tease us with cryptic clues that will be instantly decoded but they won't acknowledge until the last possible moment.

As for DA being open, if WB won't let them use Potter as a property for HHN (which would be a huge waste of potential)...

There has been no official statement saying that Hogsmeade cannot be used for HHN. It's widely presumed that it "can't" but we don't know because the event has not been planned for the entirety of IoA since the land's opening. The closest thing to an official statement on the situation came from A&D and amounted to, "We never asked."

There has been no official statement saying that Hogsmeade cannot be used for HHN. It's widely presumed that it "can't" but we don't know because the event has not been planned for the entirety of IoA since the land's opening. The closest thing to an official statement on the situation came from A&D and amounted to, "We never asked."

I know they haven't asked and that no one's confirmed they can't use it i was saying IF they didn't let them (which, as you said, is widely assumed that they won't). I think it could make one hell of a house, or if anything have Death Eaters and Dementors roaming the area. Plus i'm pretty sure a HP house would draw even more people than TWD did.

• 1 month later...

One thing that will determine whether either Potter attractions will be open is the third shift maintenance (overnight maintenance that is able to keep Forbidden Journey from going down for a refurb and have it be open 365 days a year).

From my experience, third shift means 11pm-7am which would not allow it to be open for HHN. Though Transformers closed an hour early each night last year for overnight maintenance so it might not be an issue.

• 1 year later...

This could go either way. If they are still making money keeping it exclusive then they will keep it closed again this year. If there aren't many companies looking to do that, then I can see them having it open a limited number of nights. And the ride will definitely be opened very minimally. One days it's open, it will probably have to close early for maintenance. I'm not sure if it will be ready to run all night quite yet. Transformers is still having problems so I have little hope that.