What if Disney had it's own "Horror Nights or HOS"?

ForeverEvil1

I apologize if this ends up being the wrong topic to put this as I honestly had NO clue where to put it. Now, I'm positive I'm not the only one to think of this idea. I decided to put what houses, scare zones, and altered attractions Disney would have if they had an adult based Halloween event. So, here we go.

Houses

Disney Villains: Our House Now (Cinderella Castle) - It’s Halloween Night and the villains have taken over Cinderella Castle and made it their playhouse! Jafar, Captain Hook, Ursula, Cruella de Vil, and Hades lead the invasion. Walk through sets based off their films along with many others while being scared all the way.

Abandoned by Disney (Adventureland) - The scary creepypasta is brought to life! Enter into the abandoned Mowgli’s Palace and see the horrors that lurk within. Can you uncover the mystery or will you die with it?

Quick Death Mines (Frontierland) Enter the Quick Death Mineshaft, famous for it’s amazing amount of deaths. The reason for these deaths? The dead which have been lurking in their for years now. Can you traverse through the twists and turns?

The Haunted Mansion: On Foot (The Haunted Mansion) - Take a look at the Haunted Mansion on your own two feet. The Doombuggies have broken down, forcing you to this. The ghosts are just as unhappy as you as they now are attempting to take you and break you down!

Mermaids: Terrors of the Sea (Fantasyland) - You thought The Little Mermaid represented TRUE mermaids? WRONG. These are the real mermaids. Evil sirens of the sea which use their voices to attract fools to eat for dinner. Beware the high seas…

ExtraTERRORestrial (Tomorrowland) - The replaced Disney experience is bought back in a brand new form. The carnivorous, winged alien has invaded the X-S Tech building and is causing complete chaos! You may have survived the original experience, but can you survive now?

Scarezones

Main Street Murderers (Main Street U.S.A) - Deadly killers and marauders have broken out of jail and invaded Main Street! They plan to kill all in their way. Get through quick…

Presidents from Hell (Liberty Street) - Satan has sent up his presidents to bring new order to Liberty Street! Can you survive this new order?

The Deadly Frontier (Frontierland) - The frontier as we know, wasn’t always a fun place. Now, it really isn’t. Crazed hunters, creepy children, and everything you didn’t expect from the frontier are all here.

Altered Attractions

Slaughter Mountain (Splash Mountain) - What if Splash Mountain had a different, bloodier story? The waters turn red in this mountain from hell as hunters slaughter everything in sight, including you!

Enchanted Terror Room (Enchanted Tiki Room) - The Tiki Room is under new management from the horrors of the night! Make sure you enjoy yourself…

It’s an Insane World (It’s a Small World) - The Clock Tower from Epic Mickey is back to destroy the ride and it’s blasted song for good. However, he has instead driven the residents of the ride as crazy as he is…

So that's that. If you have any constructive criticism tell it to me as anything helps. Hope you enjoyed reading. Maybe some of you can come up with your own ideas. I may do this with the other Disney parks if I feel like it...

• Like 1

I've always wondered why Disney has never turned California Adventure into an HHN/Knott's style Park while keeping Disneyland Park for the kids/families? It seems like an obvious no-brainer and I'm sure Disney is drooling and fuming with envy at the extra $$$$$ that Universal, Knott's and Six Flags make off their events..

• Like 1

I asked this same question and I will quote what someone said to me here: (Then you would have a bunch of kids shitting in their pants) or something like that

and while that answer always made me laugh and I still remember it to this day. It has a point. Disney World is too kid friendly, too family friendly. You could never have anything at Disney that was like HOS, let alone HHN. It could never be done. Unless disney did haunted houses with Mickey and minie and Donald etc. Not scary at all, Making houses the same way HOS and HHN makes them but without any of the scares. It would have to be extremely light and kid friendly.

Disney's presence in FL is so strong that there is a reason we only have HHN in Orlando and no other haunts or anything... think about it.

Disneyland could maybe get away with it more. But they could Never do anything remotely scary.

I don't see how that's possible with the typical Disney park goer. With moms and dads and their children. I don't think it would be well received.

Your ideas are cool, And I had this same question before. But If you look at the parks, I don't think anyone in the crowd would like this. People would probably get pissed

Edited by LV-426

I asked this same question and I will quote what someone said to me here: (Then you would have a bunch of kids shitting in their pants) or something like that

and while that answer always made me laugh and I still remember it to this day. It has a point. Disney World is too kid friendly, too family friendly. You could never have anything at Disney that was like HOS, let alone HHN. It could never be done. Unless disney did haunted houses with Mickey and minie and Donald etc. Not scary at all, Making houses the same way HOS and HHN makes them but without any of the scares. It would have to be extremely light and kid friendly.

Disney's presence in FL is so strong that there is a reason we only have HHN in Orlando and no other haunts or anything... think about it.

Disneyland could maybe get away with it more. But they could Never do anything remotely scary.

I don't see how that's possible with the typical Disney park goer. With moms and dads and their children. I don't think it would be well received.

Your ideas are cool, And I had this same question before. But If you look at the parks, I don't think anyone in the crowd would like this. People would probably get pissed

and Hong Kong Disneyland.

• Like 1

Imagine how many mazes/scarezones they could have if they utilized the space in Epcot (300+ acres)

Maybe I'll do that when I have time.

Yeah, it almost sort of sucks that they wouldn't but Disney does always want to keep the children on their side. And yeah, plenty of people would be pissed. I wonder if Universal had the same problem in the later (iconic) years where things got more intense.

That could actually work. Who knows? Maybe if we wish upon a star...

I know there was an article that DIsneyWorld was throwing back and forth ideas about a Haunt aimed for teens and adults after hours crowds that would center around Jack Skellington decribed as "Grusome but not gorey and less bloody but the scares would be actual scares". I'll try to find it again but it can be done and probably will be done in the future, most likely California Adventure on this coast and Disney Studios on the Florida side. There is a way to do it while maintaing the parks rep as family friendly you might not see bodies and corpeses hanging all over the place like HHN, Knotts or HOS but look at Frightfest.

I know there was an article that DIsneyWorld was throwing back and forth ideas about a Haunt aimed for teens and adults after hours crowds that would center around Jack Skellington decribed as "Grusome but not gorey and less bloody but the scares would be actual scares". I'll try to find it again but it can be done and probably will be done in the future, most likely California Adventure on this coast and Disney Studios on the Florida side. There is a way to do it while maintaing the parks rep as family friendly you might not see bodies and corpeses hanging all over the place like HHN, Knotts or HOS but look at Frightfest.

Damn...that's interesting that it was considered. Question is would it have had houses or just be scare zones spread around the park?

Yeah, it's not exactly scary. But if Universal can make things that aren't scary scary (like Penn and Teller), I would hope Disney would be able to do the same if they did something like this.

California Adventure would be the obvious West Coast choice for a special ticket Halloween event. The park already caters to an older demographic and could continue to with the Halloween event. Disneyland Park has the event for the families, but California Adventure would be for the older crowd. There's plenty of space, especially in Hollywoodland (All the empty Soundstages), for mazes, and scarezones because of all the paths found around the park. I actually designed a California Adventure halloween event a while back that utilized a Twilight Zone theme to tie the whole park together and keep it from becoming a gore fest.

If they were going to do it they would have done it already. Heck we can't even get the NMBC make over in Orlando.

They will never do scary. they could, at the very least, spook it up a bit more.

I wonder if HM wasn't made today if they would think it was "too intense".

Find it's soon! Lol I'd really like to read that