Other Video Game Houses

Since we have had Silent Hill and Resident Evil it has opened up the many possibilities of video game IPs to be used, and since we have gotten the two biggest names in horror video games out of the way what other video games would you like to see get the HHN treatment? Do you want to revisit Silent Hill or Resident Evil?

Personally I would like to see Devil May Cry, BioShock, The 3rd Birthday, and Castlevania. Ghosts 'n Goblins could be a funny house to do and poke fun at how hard that game was to play. Although Mass Effect is not a horror game by any means I feel like if they did a house based off the Collectors could be really intense, or having like husks and such running could be fun (would never happen but I am a huge Mass Effect geek so gotta throw that one out there for fun and my own geek-sake lol). Also I do love The Last Of Us and would be interested to see that however I think it is plagued with TWD problems that the game is more driven by the cast and not the zombies which would be more utilized.

Yeah that is true but it would be a rockin' house. Haven't been to HHN yet this year but from what I have heard is that RE's Nemesis is a bit on the small side so that does have me concerned for some of the larger iconic creatures of not only Dead Space but all video games since some are so huge.

Youve got my vote!

Thanks. The only one I could POSSIBLY be intriuged by is if they did Castlevania in the style of Symphony of the Night. Elaborate, colorful, religious, unique monsters. But do NOT call it Castlevania. Call it a sequel to Castle Vampyr.

Mr. I hate IP's.... -.- lol

Dead Space or Bioshock would be AMAZING if executed well.

You already experienced the game, why recreate it, seriously? Bioshock is successful because of its dialogue and story which cannot be recreated at all in real life. Dead Space was done - Interstellar Terror, and people were mixed on it.

You already experienced the game, why recreate it, seriously? Bioshock is successful because of its dialogue and story which cannot be recreated at all in real life. Dead Space was done - Interstellar Terror, and people were mixed on it.

I'm a huge fan of IP based mazes. I'm a horror movie buff, so being able to experience the property in person, and getting scared by the characters I've seen in some of my favorite movies and games is awesome to me.

Yes, Bioshock's dialogue and story are great, but the environments and characters would make for a great maze. Interstellar Terror isn't Dead Space, the creature design in that maze was nowhere near as good as Dead Space.

Edited by shark23
  • Like 1

I'm a huge fan of IP based mazes. I'm a horror movie buff, so being able to experience the property in person, and getting scared by the characters I've seen in some of my favorite movies and games is awesome to me.

Yes, Bioshock's dialogue and story are great, but the environments and characters would make for a great maze. Interstellar Terror isn't Dead Space, the creature design in that maze was nowhere near as good as Dead Space.

I am not a huge IP fan, but I do enjoy houses loosely based on properties. That being said, "Bioshock" was already done in the form of "Saws and Steam: Into the Machine". If I had to guess, "Interstellar Terror" was more of a copy of the movie "Event Horizon" than the game "Dead Space" so I suppose they could do something along the lines of the game.

• Like 1

I am more into the original houses no question however to ask the point of why to create a house based off an IP seems flawed. If nothing else there is an audience that would love to physically step into that world and interact with those characters or environments. I mean even not in HHN form that is a big part of what Universal and Disney does, base attractions off successful IPs. Also if there is a property that you really like then why not go and fan boy/girl all about it and be excited that a vision you really enjoy is being brought to life in some form? But obviously IPs aren't going away, even in my favorite year (and a great deal to others as well) 18/Bloody Mary which was probably one of the most creative years had an IP house and had SZs and Houses that had characters from franchises such as Alice, Wizard of Oz, and Princesses. So even if you can't stomach the thought of another IP house it would still be good to try and direct them (if they see this) or at the very least hope for an IP that you would like to see.

But I do hope that the number of IPs is cut back and originality is more of a priority and an overall story and icon is what got me going in the first place so I do hope it returns. I am just saying that IPs aren't bad and some are actually really fun and exciting to think about just hope it doesn't take over like TWD and such.

Fatal Frame.

Fatal Frame, anyone? Ghosts? Asian-culture and architecture? If you want something that has a unique enough setting to feel "original" while still being an IP, Fatal Frame is about as good as you can get.

I love this idea. The Asian-culture and architecture themed house is something I have wanted HHN to do for a long time and Fatal Frame is the perfect set up for it. I hope in a near event they finally decide to do a house Asian inspired and not just a The Ring ghost house but a real Asian feel. Great idea!

Amneisa Dark Decent.... but probably no way to do it right.

If they could pull of the implied terror it would be amazing.

Actually, i kind of wish there was more implied terror at HHN. Shows of this around corners. Darkness with sounds you can't fathom, etc. etc. For me, that is far scarier than anything I actually see.

• Like 1

I'd go for Bioshock. Along with the sheer popularity of the IP and the obvious horror elements, the vast majority of characters are simply deformed humans that could be replicated with masks, prosthetics, and makeup. Only one or two appearances of a Big Daddy would be needed, though it would likely be a puppet if they kept it to the actual size from the games.

• Like 1