Reaper's Review

ReviewLogo-1.png

All ratings are based on a rating of 1-10

CITW.png

This details in this house are amazing from how it is transferred from film to house, especially in set design from the cabin... to the purge of all the monsters. The costumes are pretty awesome as well! I received numerous scares in this house. In this house, you are literally immersed in the film. It was also pretty cool to see some easter eggs of Horror Nights past at the end of the house.

Rating: 9 / 10

RE.png

In this house you are immersed in the infested city of Raccoon City with mutants / zombies from the video games, Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 3. Set design was really cool, as well as the audio effects of Nemesis' machine guns. The paused room was a nice touch as well as the smaller details such as the green herb, save typewriter, handgun bullets, etc. You literally feel like you are in the games. However, I was kind of let down of some the ways scares were executed because I was never got scared in this house, but everything else was pure eye-candy. This house is really fun to walk through, though.

Rating: 7 / 10

AWIL.png

This house deserves house of the year, in my opinion. As a huge fan of the film, the house really did justice as it was truly amazing with the werewolf puppets. The scare actors were also amazing in this house as well! The scares were implemented really well in this house. The set design was just so spectacular, I really felt like I was in the movie. I'm glad that they also used the soundtrack from the film into the house. This house is definitely the best house to be based on a film.

Rating: 10 / 10

ED.png

This is another well translated house from the film. I was amazed from the entrance facade all the way to the exit. This house is intense in blood, guts, and scares. The costuming, set design, and audio effects were all top-notch. I received a lot of scares in this house.

Rating: 9 / 10

HavocLogo.png

As a sequel house to it's predecessor, I was really let down. Don't get me wrong, but the set design and costuming were really cool, but the energy of the scare actors compared to the first Havoc house were not very energetic at all... and that was a real let down for me. This is a house that has to really run off of scare actors and they were just not into it.

Rating: 4 / 10

AfterlifeLogo.png

I had high expectations for this house, but I was kind of disappointed. The 3-D special effects were very cool and disorienting, but as far as scares go... were just meh. Didn't really get scared, however it was a fun walkthrough.

Rating: 7 / 10

LaLloronaLogo.png

Believe it or not, I actually enjoyed this house. The entrance facade is truly amazing for a sprung-tent house, I actually forgot there was a sprung-tent. The set design really put me in awe, as I literally took my time just to look at the set design and actually got scared a lot while in the process. The costuming and scares were pretty awesome! My only gripe about the house was the simulated under-water scene as I didn't really feel like I was underwater. Nevertheless, it was still an awesome house.

Rating: 8 / 10

TWD.png

Compared to last year's TWD house, this house blows it out of the water. There is just so much more going on in this house compared to it's predecessor. There are a lot more walkers and they are a whole lot more aggressive with added audio effects and I got scared a lot. The entrance facade of the coliseum all the way to Cell Block-C, was so amazing in set design that I really felt like I was immersed in Season 3. It was also pretty cool there were survivors in the house as well. I really enjoyed that the crouch scenery walkthrough was implemented into the house. This house was just truly amazing!

Walking Dead: Street Experience

I really wasn't that impressed with zombies just covering the whole park, as it really took away from the atmosphere from what HHN should have. The elaborate scare zones just need to come back, as this whole roaming street experience isn't just for me.

Rating: 2 / 10

Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure

It was actually an enjoyable show to watch as it was better, compared to the past few years.

Rocky Horror Picture Show

Meant to go see the show, but didn't get the chance to.

You were there the same night I was! I wanted to say hi to you, but I never saw you. :( I never got to see anyone I recognized for that matter.

Also, great review. I have to agree with you on AWiL being the best of the event. I'll post my review when I can.