frh777 review

frh777

I have been attending Halloween Horror Nights seen 2006 and I must say that this was one of the better years!

I will be ranking the houses in order of greatest to worst.

An American Werewolf in London: This is tied with my top 3 houses of all the years I have been attending HHN. My other two being Nightingales and Silver Screams. The A&D team absolutely nailed every single aspect of the movie, from the transformation scene to the scene where Jack is attacked by the werewolf, There are no words that can describe what I thought of the wolf, lets just say that it is incredibly perfect. Whatever you do, you must attend this house! The sets are amazing, the puppets are horrifying, and it is the best house of the event. 10/10

La Llorona: I have never been to the Hollywood house, but I attended the UTH tour and the guide said that the first part is based off the hhn hollywood maze. What deserves a huge amount of credit is the tent facade. I have been attending for eight years and I have never seen a tent facade as amazing as this one. The second part of the maze transports guests into the realm of La Llorona. I thought this was a good concept and A&D nailed transporting people into her world. Truly a great house!!! 9/10

Cabin in the Woods: I was really looking forward to how Universal would translate the movie to a haunted house. Let me just say that I am delighted, however, I thought that it lacked scareactors. The cabin's facade is amazing as well as what guests find inside the cabin. The facility part of this maze is good, but it lacks scareactors. An example is the elevator scene, where there are only two sceareactors, and there could have been at least five. The house was good overall, but I wish they would fix some of its aspects. 8/10

Evil Dead: The house re created many moments from the movie very well, and I love how the house immerses people straight into the movie by starting with the opening titles sequence. My only complaint is that Evil Dead is a grotesque movie and that is what the house should have been like. While Hollywood doesn't have many soundstages to work off, I commend them for doing the tree rape scene and Mia splitting her tongue, in proper fashion. Orlando's was not quite as intense and lacked gore. 8/10

Havoc: Derailed: The scenes in the beginning of this maze create an extremely HHN like atmosphere. You actually feel like the train is moving due to the LED effects. The problem is that once the train derails, things actually become a havoc. This house has to make its intensity much higher and realize that bald dudes screaming isn't scary at all. While the first Havoc was lacking in set design, it is much better than its sequel due to the intensity of the actors. 7/10

Afterlife: Death's Vengeance: You feel like you are on drugs due to the disorienting effect that this house produces. While it isn't very scary, the sets look really cool and I like the theme. My only concerns are that it isn't actually 3D like the In-Between was, and that it has to be much more darker. 6/10

TWD: No Safe Haven: The show now a days is more like a soap opera based on walkers. Walkers are not scary Universal!!!!! Please stop with them because this house was truly a disappointment. This house was a huge step up from last years, but it was so lacking in scare factor. There were no scares and the masks weren't that great either. 5/10

Resident Evil; I don't like the video games, the characters looked completely cartoonish, but on the positive side, there are some great sets. I think that if HHN had taken Japan's route of portraying Raccoon City, it would be great. Right now, it is simply a disappointment. 4/10

Street Experience: While I don't find walkers to be scary, the A&D team nailed the street experience. There are great sets like the barn, and I would like to give credit to the person playing bicycle girl. Good Job!!