WTF Are scare actors allowed to touch you now?

TheORKINMan

I went last night and as I walked by the first wolf on the left in American Werewolf he popped out. I kept walking and he hit me in the shoulder. It's not like I'm bruised but it was a pretty stiff hit and left me pissed the rest of the walk through. I thought about complaining to someone but ultimately didn't want to be a baby about it.

So was this out of order or under the new rules are actors allowed to do this now?

Actors are not allowed to touch the guest in any shape or manner. If this did happen it might have been a slip up as this happens from time to time. As for AWIL the werewolves are puppets. So I'm sure it was by accident. I've been though 4 times and have never been touched. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• Like 4

They aren't allowed to touch you and most likely was an accident. Sometimes their depth perception is off especially since they are dealing with puppets. A couple years ago a plague doctor popped out of his boohole and slammed his beak into me. It was a complete accident and I understood that. Sometimes accidents happen!

• Like 1

nope, not allowed to touch you . . . but I would have counted that as an extra immersive house experience if that happened to me, lol

I've had some really good scareactors get up in my face in the houses this year. I love it. I'm really impressed with all of them this year, it seems like they're all working hard to keep the energy high all night.

• Like 1

As the others have said, an accident. But why be pissed about it when you got a more intense experience? I for one would love a no-holes-barred house where they scareactors could really attack. Consider it a badge of honor. That's how my husband felt when an overhead scareactor at HoS misjudged during the first week a few years ago and accidentally popped him in the head. Poor scareactor freaked out (I imagine lots of babies would report it), but he thought it was great.

• Like 1

Mistakes happen.

If you're really that freaked out about it, sorry, but I think you're misunderstanding the difference in intent between just being touched and being grabbed.

The first two weeks of Catacombs, the plague doctors accidently would hit a person every set as they got use to the range of those things. Considering they were hard plastic covered in leather, they could hurt if the doctor was moving fast enough. Scareactors will also, when needed, take someone by the shoulders and guide them back on path if the guest is starting to head backstage.

I can't imagine what your reaction would be to a place like Nyctophobia...

My sister claims the AWIL puppet (I wanna say the one in the subway) came within a micro-inch of hitting her, freaked her out!

A scareactor in La Llorona touched my daughter our 2nd time through (I didn't see it since I was in front of her, but it freaked her out & she was in tears at the exit).

I chalk it up to "accidents" and nothing more...I worked as a scareactor at HOS for 2 years and have stepped on feet, lightly grazed people and have even accidentally headbutted people...it happens.

I did see a DoW in havoc intentionally poke a frightened girl infrount of me with the barrel of his assault rifle. I doubt this was allowed but it really scared her!

By poke i mean gently tap. Nothing serious.

Edited by Ande

A Zombie triped me back in 08 in Hollywood, he was walking up behind me to scare some girl I was standing next to in front of a Snack Stand by the mummy and the lower lot has sidewalks and I was standing on it. I was turning to walk and triped over boot as he lunged at the girl, now im a pretty tall well built well feed dude but considering the edge of the sidewalk and the fact that the zombie was wearing the slider gear so basicily a steel plated boot I fell pretty hard everyone stopped and the zombie momentarly broke character and appoligized but then in character helped me up, point is espeacialy in a crowded theme park acciedents happen.

The issue here is if you were bit. If you were there are steps you will have to take. But ultimately you will have to kill that wolf. But wait until next week bc I leave for FL in 3 days.

I will be leaving on Wednesday as well! Illinois contingent running amok this weekend! Woo hoo!

• Like 2

These thing's happen a lot, they aren't supposed to touch you, but you kind of have to accept it. Anyone who has stood near strobe light's, or facing TOWARD strobe light's, knows their perception is off. How many time's have you bumped a wall in a house, because it's dark, or because of strobe's...same thing, your perception is off. It happen's.

Early on Saturday night, in the same house one of the gals in the theater scene jumped up and smacked my hand. I laughed, she apologized and I told her not to worry about it. To me it is no big deal, it was an accident. Someone said earlier that some would consider you lucky, I fall into that category. By the way if your a member here and remember this happening, hi!

I was annoyed because I don't like being hit. I don't consider that unreasonable. Been coming since 08 and never had anything like that happen. I've been in plenty of scrapes and it was a stout hit not just a tap or a touch. Reading about these puppets and thinking about it in retrospect though I'm glad I didn't say anything about it as it was likely 99% an accident.

Mistakes happen.

If you're really that freaked out about it, sorry, but I think you're misunderstanding the difference in intent between just being touched and being grabbed.

The first two weeks of Catacombs, the plague doctors accidently would hit a person every set as they got use to the range of those things. Considering they were hard plastic covered in leather, they could hurt if the doctor was moving fast enough. Scareactors will also, when needed, take someone by the shoulders and guide them back on path if the guest is starting to head backstage.

I can't imagine what your reaction would be to a place like Nyctophobia...

Wow, Those plague doctors always came within inches of hitting me in the face or eyes with their masks.

I would get scared but I thought "They know what they are doing, I don't have to worry about anything" One time they almost poke me in the eye.

but I always thought I was safe.... :unsure: