SCAREactor Appreciation

Justman1020

Awesome! Yeah, that was a fantastic setup...my girlfriend didn't notice you at all, so I tapped on her shoulder and mentioned you as I thought that you were walking away....then BAM, right behind me! I don't get scared like that too often anymore. It's great to really feel a scare again.

Houses....<3 to the TWD cast for being on fire last night, and of course, to Merle for really nabbing me. The fence scareactors were also quite great.

It was one of my favorite roles ever to play! I loved sneaking up behind people in line and getting one last unexpected scare usually sending them running into the next room. Some of the reactions were just priceless!! I can relate to the "dont get scared too often" feeling, so im glad i could bring ya back there to that feeling!! Thank you to the big shout out! only 10 more months till HHN hahaha

Hawthorn, it was great scaring you and jenn. That group scare was awesome and fun to plan. I warned you guys. And it doesn't matter how he got under the bench it matters that he did lol. If it wasn't for my stick I would have done that. You guys were our superfans this year we all miss you. Thank you from the walkers of Hollywood.

We had "Get the Tardis" written somewhere backstage. It was a blast getting you Hawthorn. We all appreciated you guys and were glad you got to catch us so much the last day.

As for everyone else, thanks for the kind words and praises. It wasn't just me, it was a huge group effort and collaboration between staff and scareactors. The Walker Bomb was something we couldn't even imagine happening before the event. We ran at 110% the whole event (or at least tried to) for you guys!

See ya next year!

We had "Get the Tardis" written somewhere backstage. It was a blast getting you Hawthorn. We all appreciated you guys and were glad you got to catch us so much the last day.

As for everyone else, thanks for the kind words and praises. It wasn't just me, it was a huge group effort and collaboration between staff and scareactors. The Walker Bomb was something we couldn't even imagine happening before the event. We ran at 110% the whole event (or at least tried to) for you guys!

See ya next year!

That kinda reminds me, I forgot to mention the other guys in your team.

You were most definitely the most memorable (probably because of my shirt haha) and the "worm" zombie, plus the various zombies that focused on my stuffed cat, but the other guy that comes to mind is the HUGE tall guy that called everyone "psycho." He was awesome. Never got a scare out of me, but it was a blast watching him at work. And of course, the old-school Chainsaw dude driving the truck.....when I saw the truck for the first time, the first thing I noticed was him. The lighting setup for that was simply fantastic. Seeing HIM of all people driving that truck made it all the more scary, and actually sent chills down my spine.

I couldn't let any more days go by without commenting on a few of my favorite scareactors:

1. On 11/1 at approx 8:25pm we were in Havoc. We had our HNN shirts on (3 of us girls). The first actor that was in the full cage to our left saw our shirts and literally climbed his cage to the top, hung himself over the top of it, and reached for us screaming "You wanna write about something?! Write about this!" It was just awesome!!! The next night, we went thru again, and we thought it was the same actor, but we were wearing "Legendary Truth" shirts (mistake - always, ALWAYS wear the HNN shirts!), and my friend baited him saying, "Aren't you going to climb over the top and get us like last night?? Awww, you can't, can you??" Just when I thought maybe it was a different actor, he climbed to the top and over after us. Fantastic! So, props to you, bud! Also, the staff person out in front of Havoc named Josh was talking to us as we waited in line. He was letting Express go (the wait was only 5 mins so we were just waiting in regular line), and my friend told Josh that the house just wasn't scary. He said, "Well it is if you go alone." She said, "Yeah, right." He said, "I can make that happen.." And sure enough, after the Express people went in, he sent the couple in front of us, and then made us wait a minute, then he sent us in, and shut down the line for two minutes.. we went in alone. WORTH IT!

2. On Halloween night, In AWIL, the scareactor who comes out the door after the "transformation" scene" scared the living hell out of me.. then, he rushed back in and scared me in the next two spots after - perfect trifecta. He was awesome. I swear to god, the last night, I wanted to hug him, but I figured he'd freak out. Also, the actor who came out from behind the curtain in the hospital scene got me almost every night without fail. And MUCH LOVE to the behind the scenes guys who handled the wolf puppets. Such an AMAZING job! I loved that house SO MUCH, I literally cried after my last walk through late Saturday night.

3. Cabin in the Woods - my favorite house after AWIL - these actors were AWESOME! The guy who came rushing at us right at the beginning of that house in the hallway - the "Big Buckner" as we called him - was downright SCARY! He had it down, and he TORMENTED us when we had on our HNN shirts. On 11/1 at 11:41pm, we went thru, and the actor who plays the clown was SO GOOD. I HATE clowns, so naturally, my "good friends", told him to go after me.. as I was fast-walking thru the elevator scene, he literally SKIPPED after me and got up in my face. Scared the CRAP out of me. Then, the actor who pops out right before you see the wall that says "KEVIN" - he managed to get me every single time. I LOVED THAT GUY! We were so impressed with him and our clown friend, we waited in line (express pass already used) and got through one last time. My partner gave Mr. Clown one of the skull bracelets we'd been wearing all month, and I gave one to my guy before "KEVIN". I hope you both read here and understand what great fun and scares you gave us during this past month. You guys ROCK!

4. Evil Dead - the "naked Mia" near the end scared me so badly that I did one of those: fall backward, pop one leg in the air and shake things.. It was embarrassing. LOL

5. Llorona - the mirror room - stupid me was so fascinated to stare at the mirror image every time, that I'd forget EVERY TIME that it triggered the actress to come after me once I walked past it. Holy god, what a GREAT scare!

Going forward, I am going to keep better notes on my phone so the right actors get the right props. I'm sorry I didn't have all my info until I thought to write it down on the last weekend (duh).

Oh, one more - can't remember the night, but I think it was Walking Dead, near where those oil barrels were clustered, a female actor pointed to our shirts, pointed at us, and then ran her finger across her neck. Very amusing. :)

I hated the street experience with a passion - but props to the actors who worked their asses off with what they were given. Some of them got really creative in how to scare in a situation that just wasn't scary. Nice job, guys..

3. Cabin in the Woods - my favorite house after AWIL - these actors were AWESOME! The guy who came rushing at us right at the beginning of that house in the hallway - the "Big Buckner" as we called him - was downright SCARY! He had it down, and he TORMENTED us when we had on our HNN shirts. On 11/1 at 11:41pm, we went thru, and the actor who plays the clown was SO GOOD. I HATE clowns, so naturally, my "good friends", told him to go after me.. as I was fast-walking thru the elevator scene, he literally SKIPPED after me and got up in my face. Scared the CRAP out of me. Then, the actor who pops out right before you see the wall that says "KEVIN" - he managed to get me every single time. I LOVED THAT GUY! We were so impressed with him and our clown friend, we waited in line (express pass already used) and got through one last time. My partner gave Mr. Clown one of the skull bracelets we'd been wearing all month, and I gave one to my guy before "KEVIN". I hope you both read here and understand what great fun and scares you gave us during this past month. You guys ROCK!

I'm the guy(scarecrow folk) before "KEVIN"! I'm glad you guys enjoyed me so much(: That makes me so much more pumped for next year! (; I have your bracelet with my HHN collection. I'll also tell the Clown how much you guys loved him. Hope to see you all next year!(:

I'm the guy(scarecrow folk) before "KEVIN"! I'm glad you guys enjoyed me so much(: That makes me so much more pumped for next year! (; I have your bracelet with my HHN collection. I'll also tell the Clown how much you guys loved him. Hope to see you all next year!(:

Tooke!! I'm so glad you read the comments. I really wanted those I spoke of to know how much fun we had because of them! Made my day! And yes, we enjoyed you IMMENSELY! I never thought I'd want to hug someone for scaring the crap out of me.. HAHAHAH! I guess the bracelet was less weird. And it's very cool you have it in your collection. Please tell the clown.. :)