SCAREactor Appreciation

Justman1020

-In TWD, the Walkers in the choose-your-path corridor.

-In La Llorona, La Llorona in the mirror room got my best scare of the night!

-In Afterlife, ALL 3 BOBBY'S IN THE HEADLINE ROOM!

-In Havoc, the soldiers in the first room after the derailment.

-In Evil Dead, Both Abominations and Mia in the woods.

-In AWiL, Everyone involved, especially the girl at the end of the theater, as well as the Jack in the transformation room.

-In Resident Evil, the girl in the vending machine was great!

-In CiTW, EVERY SINGLE SCAREACTOR!

Amazing energy this year in every house.

• Like 1

This is for the past week or two. Haven't had a chance to post. Kudos to the Atlanta and Campsite scareactors, but specifically to the chick at the campsite that continues to steal my cat and "eat" it. It's totally awesome, and makes my night every time.....hell the entire campsite group has been making my night. You guys are on fire!

<3 the walker bomb truck, as always. I need to get noticed by the guards again, it's been a while. I guess it's King_K that's been pointing us out? Awesome.

Shoutout to the barn walkers too.....looked like one of you just needed a hug one night, and just came over and started cuddling with my cat.

<3 the havoc crew still. THE VAULT IS DEAD! Haha. It feels like wearing this shirt induces more rage than the nightmares shirt would. You guys are great.

Oh, and MUCH MUCH love to the chainsaw crew. I never took the time to actually watch you guys till Wednesday night. <3 the megaphone lady for the vault shoutout (though you need to turn your megaphone up! I can hardly hear you) and the entire crew. A particular black scareactor really made my night when he sat behind us on a bench, just kinda hanging out.....as one of his buddies snuck up from behind. That and the various "Charge" scares, and those maniacal laughs.....you guys are great. There needs to be more of you this year.....they need to nix some zombies and send them your way....either that or give some chainsaws to the zombies or something like that. Yeah I know, it'll never happen, but it'd be quite entertaining.

More awesomeness...

King_k, I now have to drag Jen to your sets, she's so freaked out. Did you set her up for a photo scare last night? I saw you mumble to a guy with the camera "I'll get her agan"? If so, i'd love to see the photo, you move toofast for me to get a shot.

Chainsaws- megaphone girl sawthe tardis hat and screamed "hey boys, let's see if it's bigger on the inside!" Chainsaw sounds and screaming and running followed...

Campsite- love you guys, thanks for all the awesome attention, we'll see you in our usual spot tonight, since you got upset when we switched seats on wed!

Clear- I don't get it, you're slow walkers, how do you keep sneaking up on us?? :)

Atlanta- love watching you guys terrify the unruly crowds. Watched two big burly guys bolt through your zone screaming and spilling beer everywhere. Lots of scares for us on the bench (geez, can't even sit and relax on a bench in post- walker apocalypse Atlanta anymore). Survivors-thanks so much for looking out for our safety, but we're not leaving the city for a while :) Savini, you continue to surprise us night after night, always a joy to interact with you! Long live the sock!

Great job everyone, tons of uniqueness this year! Keep it up! We love you all!

• Like 1

For tonight (10-25-13).

Havoc....you guys are amazing! You were our first and last house tonight. <3 to
the guy that poked my cat with his rifle....and MUCH <3 to the chick at the end
of the house that screamed at me for bringing a cat in a dog house! That made my
night.

AWIL.....Nazi in the hospital.....you finally got me.

Walking Dead....you guys were fantastic! Lots of energy on your cast. <3 to the
zombies that would get me from below.

LL....you guys seem to have improved a lot compared to the first weeks. This
house quickly went up several ranks for me.

CITW......Oh my God. You guys rock .You guys are tied very closely with AWIL in
my personal list. The scareactor in the cabin that stole my cat, and then offered
a severed head in return.....that also made my night. That was the best thing
ever....especially considering that I almost grabbed the severed head before
realizing what had happened haha. <3 to the hallway axe holder, the doctors, and
the guy that comes out when I push the button.

On to the streets....wow you guys were on fire tonight!

Walker Bomb.....the guy with the goatee (I'm assuming is King_K?) Thanks for
brightening up my gf! She gets moody sometimes. Also, <3 to the walkers that
meowed at my cat and "ate" it. Really love the interaction.

Clear....One particular scareactor really made me laugh. Said scareactor
approached a guest with a giant stuffed Duff can, and the guest casually put the
can over the scareactor's head, and tilted it....and the scareactor played along
and acted like she was drinking it! Awesome. Also <3 to the guys who got some
scares from me, and the one who "ate" my face several times.

Barn...WOW you guys have really amped up. HUGE kudos to the one walker that
scared the ever living shit out of me, and scared my gf so bad that she dropped
her lollipop (which then shattered). That's my first fully surprised scare in a
while.....I'm very impressed.

Chainsaws...<3 the megaphone barker for commenting on my gf's bandana. That was
cute. I'm disappointed that the guys wweren't doing their creepy laughs tonight (or at least not where I could hear),
but whatever. They were still on fire, and even got a few jumps from me.

Atlanta....you guys rock still too. To the one scareactor in ACUs that pointed
at my shirt a few weeks ago.....you really tore into me and my gf, but we just
totally ignored you. Sorry! We were in a hurry. That actually was quite awesome.I
felt so guilty afterward haha.

Up front: <3 the survivor with the baseball bat that got "Chased" through the
chairs in front of the coffee shop, and then held up against the station
wagon....and then "beat" the ever living shit out of the zombie following you!

That was incredible. Very entertaining.

I'm sure I've missed mentioning several people. Tonight was fantastic. Lots of
fun. Now time to get my 1.5 hours of sleep before work!

Some shoutouts from yesterday (10/25)

*Over at Cabin in the Woods, pretty much everyone who targeted Duffy including the cabin woman with the severed head (who cuddled Duffy), her victim who shouted "Help me, Duffy!", the axe guy in the "endless hall" who tried to grab Duffy, and the punk guy in the final hall who "stabbed" Duffy.

*one of the female victims in the Fall of Atlanta sector who had Duffy only to have a walker intercept him.

*pretty much most of the Havoc crew (including one of the final soldiers who told me "Give me that bear!"

*The chainsaw drill team leader who called me a "bad parent" for exposing Duffy to the team (of course, he was pretending to be scared).

*over at Resident Evil, the first zombie in the final sector who tried to strangle Duffy.

*and the Bomb Truck guy who kept telling Duffy to "be careful now"

Edited by figment1988

Last night, <3 to the Evil Dead chick with the electric knife that stole my cat. And <3 to the Vaulter in the control room in CITW that also stole my cat. <3 to the various street actors that scared the crap out of me. And, even though he's not a scareactor, <3 to Ted for sitting next to me and asking what happened to the Vault! I always wonder if he posts here haha.

Last night, <3 to the Evil Dead chick with the electric knife that stole my cat. And <3 to the Vaulter in the control room in CITW that also stole my cat. <3 to the various street actors that scared the crap out of me. And, even though he's not a scareactor, <3 to Ted for sitting next to me and asking what happened to the Vault! I always wonder if he posts here haha.

THE CAT IS MINE!!!! lol I stole your cat in the control room. And I miss the Vault</3

• Like 1

Some highlights from yesterday (10/27/13)

*Everyone over at Cabin in the Woods's Cast A who targeted Duffy, and the ceiling axe guy for calling me out by saying "Steven!"

*The Male Chainsaw Crew Leader who told me "You're at the wrong park", and one of his chainsaw guys for calling Duffy out.

*Over at Havoc, the first caged soldier in the 2nd cart who tried to take Duffy during the 2nd visit at around 9, and the armored soldier during the first visit who complimented Duffy's camo fatigues (which was a double reference to the NEST personnel uniform, along with the soldier walkers in the Fall of Atlanta sector.

*At the fall of Atlanta sector, the civilian who always spots us who took Duffy and signaled me to follow her, and when we got to the corner across from Ben and Jerry's she gave me Duffy and told me to run.

*At Resident Evil, the Scareactress playing Jill who noted the Nemo hat I had on and said that I had a fish on my head, and the Nemesis in the final sector, who chose to do a "follow scare" by following me, and then when I got to the doorway with the You are Dead sign, I noticed he was following me.

To the scareactor last night ( 10 / 27 ) in Havoc. I was walking through an area with a bunch of wire hanging from the ceiling and walls, and out of curiousity, I grabbed some of the wires that were hanging in a clump from the wall. Out of some cubby hole in the wall, a scareactor slides out, is a few inches from my face, and scared the hell out of me. Then he gruffly said, “And what have we learned?” After the scare, I started laughing, clapping, and telling him thank you. I am a hard guy to scare, so when it happens, I try to thank the person for doing such a good job. I appreciate you, Sir.

THE CAT IS MINE!!!! lol I stole your cat in the control room. And I miss the Vault</3

Awesome! I've been scared by you several times in the past (at least I assume it's you, either that or your counterpart). Especially when I push that big red button. So when you revealed that you're "one of us" it made me very happy lol.

• Like 1

I'm in park now, trying to get out all of the shoutouts that I can before I forget them. Last night....finally I got to see Maggot! Lots of <3 to you and your crew for the epic cat stealing mayhem. <3 to the blonde survivor in front of disaster that interacted with us that "read about" my cat. You put yourself in my top 10 scareactors in just one night. Also, even though I doubt that you guys read the boards, much <3 to the b&t cast last night, specifically ted and george lucas for hanging out with us during the show in the bleachers.

Now, tonight. So far it has been great. I'll probably be making another post haha. <3 to ALL of the zombies for beinn totally on fire tonight. <3 to the electric knife chiick in ED for stealing George again. You are one of the most entertaining scareactors, I hope you post on here. Atlanta survivor....you're awesome for asking for beer. <3 to the chick at the end of AL for stealing George again.

Annnnd this is to be continued lol. B&t just started.

For my final night of HHN 23, Here's some shoutouts to the Scareactors who made my Final Fright a kick-ass night.

*Cast A of Cabin in the Woods totally killed it with pretty much everyone trying to get Duffy. This includes the female Buckner with the severed head at the beginning, The Axe Buckner in the infinite hallway who got Duffy twice, The 2nd Axe Buckner in the fake window who distracted me enough for the female Buckner in the bedroom to grab my Sorcerer's Apprentice hat. The Ballerina who blew a kiss to Duffy. The left Elevator Scareactor who called me out as the "Duffy Bear Guy". The Drill Doctor on the right of the Breakroom. and the punk guy, the stranger wannabes and the mad doctor (which happened to be the Drill Doctor) who all tried to get Duffy.

*Over at the Fall of Atlanta Scare Zone. One of the soldier walkers, who kept following me and snarling at Duffy and Pal Mickey, along with the female victim who seeks out for Duffy's help who tried fending off a walker with him while Pal Mickey and I tried to distract him.

*At Havoc, The first caged soldier in the 2nd car who tried to get Duffy, but targeted Mickey by saying "Mickey and Steven are gonna die", and the male soldiers in the end of the house in which one primed his shotgun and aimed it at Duffy.

*Evil Dead's Natalie in the kitchen scene who tried to reach out to Duffy with both arms, along with her possessed (a.k.a. Bad Natalie in Duffy's perspective) self who took aim with her nail gun.

*In Resident Evil, the construction worker zombie who gave a shout out to Duffy, and during the cast change, one of the zombies who gave me an odd look before he gave me a good scare.

overall, all the scareactors kicked some serious ass, and I hope to seeing you again next year.

Edited by figment1988
  • Like 1

Ok, the rest from last night.

<3 again to the blonde survivor in front of Disaster for borrowing George and using him to scare people.

MUCH <3 to Merle in TWD for getting a legitimate scare from me. The house has always been kinda in the middle for me, so I'm really shocked that one of the few legitimate scares I've gotten this year (I say that because I'm a hard scare) was from this house. Kudos.

RE cast....<3 to the chick that was hiding around the doorway leading to the final scene.You scared the piss outta me and my gf....and my gf is very sorry that she stabbed you in the face with her finger!

<3 to my favorite goatee-clad walker-bomb-truck guard. You FINALLY got a great scare out of me! My gf had me distracted, and of course as soon as I turn my head, BAM, there you are.

<3 to the walker-bomb-truck zombie that continued to run up to us and pet and meow at my stuffed cat.

Last night was a blast, so I'm almost definitely missing some great scares. Here's to tonight being a fantastic finale!

• Like 1

A few from last night:

The Walking Dead

Shoutout to the walker dancing and humming with me across from the Woodbury truck last night and then recognizing me when i went through again a few minutes later

Cabin cast A

Shoutout to Michael (Michaelz) for pulling me onto his table in the Surgeon room in Cabin 3 times xD

Also in that house, the Buckner in the ceiling before the Cellar room that gave me a high five all 5 times i did the house last night

Shoutout to the clown in the elevator room for staring me down through a crack in his elevator door through the whole room and the Mary Shaw-looking actor across from him that in turn scared me good

Along with those specifics, shoutout to the whole damn cast because wow you did an amazing job last night and the whole event. Probably my favorite cast this year. Bravo.

American Werewolf

Shoutout to the whole cast of the house for going out with a resounding bang. Congratulations in making this house one of the best ever created at HHN (and for officially winning HoTY, though that was never even a question as to whether you'd get it or not)

And a big LOL to the actor that was playing with a cat puppet in the hanging dead cats room in Evil Dead. Oh my god i was dying xD

All the casts last night were going insane on their final night, so congratulations to everyone on an amazing run and for making last night probably my favorite night i've had at HHN!

Ok, the rest from last night.

<3 again to the blonde survivor in front of Disaster for borrowing George and using him to scare people.

MUCH <3 to Merle in TWD for getting a legitimate scare from me. The house has always been kinda in the middle for me, so I'm really shocked that one of the few legitimate scares I've gotten this year (I say that because I'm a hard scare) was from this house. Kudos.

RE cast....<3 to the chick that was hiding around the doorway leading to the final scene.You scared the piss outta me and my gf....and my gf is very sorry that she stabbed you in the face with her finger!

<3 to my favorite goatee-clad walker-bomb-truck guard. You FINALLY got a great scare out of me! My gf had me distracted, and of course as soon as I turn my head, BAM, there you are.

<3 to the walker-bomb-truck zombie that continued to run up to us and pet and meow at my stuffed cat.

Last night was a blast, so I'm almost definitely missing some great scares. Here's to tonight being a fantastic finale!

I am pretty sure i was your Merle that scared the crap out of you! And for that.... I say... Your welcome! :-)

• Like 1

great to see a former beast, who appears to be midway through a round of musical scareactors, in a different role every night.

I had a total of 7 roles in AWIL including my longest stint as Transforming David, plus three sets as a zombie in the finale of Resident Evil. It took a while, but I finally got settled in the chair of the final werewolf puppet for the last two or three weeks, minus a day as the one-armed bobby.

• Like 1

Shout out to all the scareactors this year for making another great year!

Also Cabin cast A. We walked through (I work in Resident Evil) during our break we went through with cloaks on and the fun interaction we had with you guys are AMAZING!

Edited by John321d

First off all of the scareactors great job this year! For those that I really thought out did themselves

-Rosie the fox great to see you with your fans last night ROSIE FOR ICON 2014!

-Chinese Cookie Master thank you for the humor has well as the cookies

-The Havoc team at midnight on the last night thank you for making one of my favorite houses even more enjoyable with those fist bumps

-Machete survivor on the RV your humor was pretty amazing thank you for some good laughs

-Chainsaw girl you were the most entertaining thing to watch closing night glad I missed B&T for that

-Finally whoever was the Llorona on the left side of the bridge at 640 closing night that manged to kiss my cheek after I waved to you, you made my night

I am pretty sure i was your Merle that scared the crap out of you! And for that.... I say... Your welcome! :-)

Awesome! Yeah, that was a fantastic setup...my girlfriend didn't notice you at all, so I tapped on her shoulder and mentioned you as I thought that you were walking away....then BAM, right behind me! I don't get scared like that too often anymore. It's great to really feel a scare again.

Anyhow, time for my final post of the year :( This always comes too soon!

Thank you all scareactors for being amazing, yet again!

Such a fantastic final night. I wish I could've shown up earlier to go through all of the houses 1 last time, but alas, work had me busy :(.

Anyhow.....<3 to the street actors. You guys are the true face of the event. You all proved me wrong when I said that the streets would be horrible this year. The survivors MORE than made up for the lack of interaction....then the zombies began interacting around halfway through the event. It was fantastic.

<3 to the Campsite walkers for forming a conga line, and circling the campsite....and the amazing scareactress that would always steal and run away with my cat. I cracked up laughing when you took the cat and handed my gf your prop foot instead....that was totally awesome, especially because I didn't even notice the switch at first. You guys are one of the best scarezones imo this year, so many thanks for keeping it awesome.

<3 to the Clear and Barn walkers for being awesome. No particular indivudal scares I can think of off the top of my head, but you guys were on fire last night.

<3 to the Atlanta scareactors, especially Maggot since we finally found him! And <3 to the survivor that commented on my Vault shirt. "The Vault has been dead for years now, and you've survived all of this time! OH MY GOD! You're the answer to the plague! We need to take you in and get blood samples immediately! You'll save us all!" <3 to the zombies that all joined in Maggot with trying to steal the cat from my girlfriend....even though it involved her spraining her toe, it was epic, and very worth it. Plus I got to make her "meals on wheels" afterward!

<3 to the Disaster Zombies, and plus our new favorite blonde survivor who again stole George and used him as a scaring prop. We're gonna miss you! We've always noticed you during the event, and loved your energy, we're just very disappointed that we never stopped to interact until a few days ago.

<3 to the guys in the front of the park again too for being really on top of things.

<3 to the walker bomb guys. HOLY SHIT! You guys are just fully amazing. <3 to King_K again as usual, especially for the totally unexpected shoutout after the park had closed. And MUCH MUCH <3 to the zombie that was on the ground doing the worm or some kind of weird dance making all kinds of noise, while I was trying to get a picture of my gf with King_K....that was one of the funniest things I've ever seen at the event. Kudos.

Houses....<3 to the TWD cast for being on fire last night, and of course, to Merle for really nabbing me. The fence scareactors were also quite great.

<3 to the La Llarona cast. I wish I could've done this house more! It started off meh, but last night my gf and I got to go through with a nice HUGE gap in between us and the guys in front of us, so we managed to get every scare....and wow. it felt exactly how a house should feel. I was thoroughly impressed.

<3 to the Evil Dead cast, especially with the hyperverbal chick underneath the trap door. <3 to the electric knife chick again. If you read here, please tell me where you've been before....you're totally awesome and I just can't quite remember where I've seen you before!

<3 to the AWIL cast for just being all around awesome.

<3 to the RE cast for keeping that house together. Especially <3 to the zombies at the very beginning of the house, particularly the police zombie. You guys were amazing, FULL of energy. The finale guys were and have been fantastic as well.

Unfortunately we didn't get to hit up CITW, Havoc, or AL on the final night, but you all have been great this year. I really regret not getting able to hit at least Havoc or CITW....I seriously loved both of those houses. The female at the end of Havoc shouting "I AM YOUR NIGHTMARE" has made my night more than once.

As always, there's probably more, but I'm forgetful...especially considering all of the sleep I've lost in the past month! <3 to all of you, I'm really looking forward to next year.

• Like 2

Ok, i've had my 24 hours to mourn the end of the run, I can now make with the thank yous!

Werewolf, great job all year! Finally got to see ourelusive firecrew friend being attacked by the wolf! Congrats on HOTY!

RE-last night Leon danced on the police car screaming "which one do I shoot? I don't know what to do!" Also, lots of love to our favorite zombie girl in the first scene!

Campsite-absolutely loved you guys! Female walker stole Jen's hat and put it on her head, over her eyes. She spent a good 5 minutes stumbling around like that, we were on the floor laughing. You guys absolutely ruled the small space you were given! Thanks for the awesome goodbye guys, we'll miss all of you so much!

Barn- thanks to our two walker girls near the pyre for all the great interaction, and for not eating us on the last night (although you came close!)

Clear- I can barely find the words. It was hard to stay for your last set, mostly because you made that bench so terrifying! How did one of you sneak under it? Practically the whole squad group-scaread us! Twice! Carnage, as always, thanks for all the great scares, Jen will forever be terrified of sticks! Thanks also to your stage manager, who was always so sweet to us. We've never been so sad to turn around and live!

Atlanta-you guys are so awesome, it's criminal. Thanks to all the survivors for keeping us safe and alive all year, especially Lady Atlanta, who took on the mantle of a superhero when batman, superman, and the rest strolled through your zone all year and refused to help you because "they were on vacation". Thanks to all our walker friends for all the awesome scares and interaction, you guys absolutely ruled that humongous scarezone. A special thanks to a certain walker who took us in an made us feel so welcome and loved in the post-apocalyptic nightmare that was Atlanta!

Walker bomb- we caught your last few sets on Saturday (we love bill and ted, but it was your last set! We couldn't not say goodbye!) much love to the insane mohawk walker, for taking all the abuse from the Woodburyites all year! King_k, thanks...for just all around being amazing. As one of the few human street actors, you were downright terrifying. Jen thanks you for terrorizing her- at the barn, at mel's, in atlanta, near finnegans, in starbucks, etc. So glad the walker bomb provided an imprtant public service this year, keeping us safe by constantly rounding up those pesky walkers that somehow keep escaping from your truck :) we stayed "careful now" and "didn't get bit", and for that we thank you!

This is The fourth year Jen and I have attended together, and every year it becomes more special because of all the wonderful people under the masks, makeup, and costumes. Thank you for always interacting with us, you make us feel like treasured freinds, as well as willing victims. You all make this event the single most wonderful experience we have all year!

• Like 1

Huge thanks to the actress who played Patience Buckner in Cabin in the Woods. It was around 10pm last Friday.

As I was watching my group catch the Buckner hallway scare, I felt hot breath on the side of my face, only to turn and find you there, within inches of me. Startling to say the least haha.

Awesome scare, and thanks for getting up close and personal!