SCAREactor Appreciation

Justman1020

all right, for opening night, here's my shout outs.

* over at Walking Dead: No Safe Haven, the second walker near the aquariums who caused me to let out an expletive.

*In La Llorona, the scareactress in the hallway with the "souls" of her children who scared me so much, I ended up hugging Duffy out of sudden fear.

*At Afterlife, one of the "Bobby" spirits in the "headline room" who called me out by my name, and then targeted Duffy.

*Havoc near the end with the soldier who pointed his handgun at me, along with the female soldier who pointed her shotgun at Duffy and me and told me to put my hands up.

*In the Hollywood area, where one of the zombie hunters mentioned that they needed "Duffy" as walker bait, and then mentioning about my "figment" of my imagination (which of course is a reference to my username).

*and over at "Atlanta" where one of the citizens told me to take my "babies" (Duffy and Pal Mickey) and RUN!!

• Like 1

Oh my - I need rest and another visit tonight, and to digest everything. Loving all the houses and streets - there is a huge amount of interaction, especially so early in the run! Special love to the guys and gals in the last few rooms in Havoc (a vicious snarling attack followed by a blown kiss will make a girl's night); a TON of fantastic interaction with the closing cast in the last few rooms of Walking Dead. And the stunningly impressive Bicycle Girl. It's amazing what they can do with CGI these days ;)

Oh - and if I can't move into the bedroom in Forsaken or next to the guillotine in AC, then I am totally moving into Atlanta. Just bringing two buckets and a carton of Febreze. I will chuckle if my sweetheart house this year ends up being a street.

Yay! Love this thread!

Everyone was amazing right out of the gate this year. Thanks to e_z_e, our first veteran spotting this year. I've never seen such an evil grin on a zombie before...Also thanks to the CITW cast for scaring the snot out of Jen, and to our favorite dogs of war. Great intensity everyone!

• Like 1

Alright, time to make my list of scares for opening night(Friday the 20th) before I start forgetting about certain ones and what not. All of these are solely from the 20th. I couldn't make it on the 21st, sadly. Also, I was with both my mother and sister on the 20th so some of the scares I list will also be some of the ones I saw scare one or both of them as well. Mainly doing that because after the first house we went into on the 20th, we decided to switch up how we normally line up in a house.

In the past, I was always in front of while my mother and sister would both be behind me. However as stated above, we switched it up after our first house of the night and I ended up behind them both instead. It allowed me to witness them being scared in a house for a change and that was a very interesting change for me. I quite enjoyed doing things that way. Also, apologizes for the long incoming post and for possibly having the times wrong!

Now then, with all that said onto the list!

This first thing goes out to ALL the scareactors in the houses and the streets! The intensity and aggressiveness on the 20th was AMAZING! I am honestly and truly impressed by the sheer amount of intensity and aggressiveness shown by EVERYONE and hope it not only stays that way but also increases in intensity and aggressiveness as the event goes on!

As for the opening scareamony, I was quite impressed by it! I was up in the front and to the right side of the main gate where all the Walkers were reaching through and shaking it. It got me so pumped up for what was to come and I applaud everyone who took part in it!

Now onto the houses!

House 1- Cabin in the Woods@around 6:20-6:25pm

Props to Fornicus/Hell Lord in the first Cube Room who came around the corner and startled me quite good.

Props to the Doctors in I believe the Break Room who were going wild with their tools, didn't scare me but did make me wary of going anywhere near them and was making me want to just get out there FAST!

Props to the scareactor on the left in the Finale room who lunged out at me.

Props to the Doll scareactor who lunged at me.

Props to the scareactor who I believe is the Japanese Floaty Girl/Kiko who ALSO lunged out at me and got me good!

House 2- Evil Dead@around 6:30-6:40pm

Props to the scareactor playing Natalie in the kitchen cutting her arm off who jumped up at me as I was walking past.

Props to the scareactor playing the possessed Natalie with the nail gun who came out and shot me with it which made me jump and laugh at the same time! I laughed cause my real name is Eric and considering what happens in the movie....well I just thought it was too funny that I got that scene in the house.

MASSIVE props to the scareactor in the vine covered path right before the Blood Rain scene! You really scared my sister GOOD! I have NEVER seen my sister scream while jumping SIDEWAYS so fast OR so far before!

More MASSIVE props goes to the scareactor playing the Abomination in the Blood Rain scene who also scared my sister really good! She also said she was so repulsed by the costume that she couldn't even LOOK at it once she got scared.

Finally, one more round of MASSIVE props goes to scareactor with the chainsaw hiding and waiting to ambush people coming out of the house after guests let their guard down due to thinking it is over! I had only just walked out of the house and was a few steps from the exit when I just hear a chainsaw rev up behind me. I look behind me and see the scareactor come out from their hiding place with a chainsaw right behind me and I let out deep, throat rumbling "WAAAARGH!" while bursting into a short sprint in order to get away.

House 3- Havoc 2@around 7-7:15pm

Props go to the Dog of War strapped to the metal table who then breaks free! Got my mother and sister good!

Massive props to the Caged Dog of War on the right in the scene right before the train derails who kept my sister distracted which allowed another scareactor dressed as a Military Guard to sneak up on her from the left and got in her face without her realizing it until she looked to her left and saw the scareactor which scared her GOOD!

Props to the Dogs of War in the Finale who use the fog to hide in and jump out when someone gets close!

House 4- Walking Dead@around 8-8:15pm(Cast changed while waiting in line. Not sure what times that happens at exactly though.)

Props to the Walkers on both sides of the Crouch/Duck Tunnel who lunged at me as I was making my way through!

MASSIVE Props to all the scareactors in the Finale Scene! Walked into the Finale Scene just as the warning sirens and lights started going and all the Walkers just crowded around us and got in our faces!

House 5- La Llorona@around 8:30-8:35pm

Props to the scareactor sitting down in one of the pews who jumped up and scared me good!

MASSIVE props to the Living Statue(I believe they are statues) scareactors in the hallway-like area! Got scared by TWO of you really good! Something about that type of scare always gets me good!

House 6- Afterlife@around 9:20-9:25pm(Wait time said 60, we only waited about 40-45)

Props to the In-Between Demons! Got both me and my sister good! Was also really great to see them again!

MASSIVE props goes to the scareactors in the Dead Exposure-like room with all the bodies hanging on both sides of the path! As soon as I stepped into that room, I stopped dead in my tracks for a moment as I realized what was about to happen in the room. The scareactors did a FANTASTIC job using the disorienting effect of the room and the bodies to their advantage which in turn allowed them to get quite a few good scares on me!

As a side note, my mother wishes to give massive apologizes to I believe the first scareactor on the left in the Headlines Room. She did not mean to hit you at all and sincerely hopes she didn't hurt you. She was just disoriented by the room and was trying to feel her way through it when you went to scare her. It was a pure accident and she even tried yelling that she was so sorry to you but she wasn't sure if you were able to hear her. She wanted me to pass on her apologizes to you here just in case!

House 7- Resident Evil@around 10:25-10:30pm(very rough time here)

Props to the Chef who startled me and made me jump a little!

Props to the Hunter who also startled me, made me jump a bit, and got me to take a few quick steps away from it and around the corner!

House 8- American Werewolf in London@around 11:40-11:45pm(also rough time)

Props to one of the Nazi Werewolf Scareactors who got me really, really good!

Massive props also go to all the scareactors who puppeteer the Werewolves! Those things are TERRIFYING and ALL of them scared me really good!

Streets@Various times throughout the night

We didn't spend too much time on the streets. We went through each one once but didn't really linger for long in any of them so we didn't get too many scares. Mostly of the time in the streets was spent taking some pictures and then going to the next house so we could get into each one at least once. However, from what I saw and the few scares that we did get, the Walkers on the streets are very aggressive and intense so massive props to you all for that!

A super special, massive props mention goes to the Chainsaw Drill Team at around 7:25-7:30pm I believe.....whatever time it was around then when the Drill Team had completely taken over the bridge between Bill and Ted and MIB. That was a FANTASTIC position that forced guests either brave them or backtrack and go around them using another path. My sister is TERRIFIED of the chainsaws and so when we took the bridge across, she was clinging onto our mother for dear life which only made the Drill Team REALLY go after her! Massive props for that too!

• Like 1

Story time!

This was for Havoc: Derailed

So we take the R.I.P. entrance through the back. they were working on taking the old cast out. we walk back there and all the instant the Dogs of War stop talking and stare. Eventually 2 of them get over the ropes and start charging, one of the guards in the cast grabbed them and held them back. Once they started moving backstage one turned around and started charging back toward us causing the guard to run and grab his harness he had on him and take him backstage.

I freaking applaud these guys, Bravo to these actors here!

Scare of the night - a walker in Atlanta was chasing this poor old woman down the street who was rolling her wheelchair just as fast as she could up to the sidewalk. The crowds were laughing and enthralled by the sight - would have been great to get on video!

Damn shame most of them didn't realize she was wheeling so fast to grab a Captain and Diet at Finnegan's...

• Like 1

Wow - what an excellent performance put on by so many scareactors. Really impressed with all the hard work!

My best scare of the evening (Saturday, September 21st) came from Havoc: Derailed. After walking by the woman and the big guy in the cage, the officer "shot" me and I played along and started limping out of the room. I turned around to look for my friends and the big guy had escaped and came to scare the heck out me. Talk about kicking a guy when he's down!

Honestly, this year, i shit my pants at almost every corner. This year was just crazy intense. From day time to midnight, all scares are spot on, no matter the time.

But so far, scare of the year (and maybe my whole life) goes to the final wolf in AWIL. At first i saw it's head moving slowly in sort of a stalking fashion, next thing you know, the fucking wolf comes flying at me, along with a loud ass roar. What did i do? Scream like a girl, and run out of the house. How scared was i? I left my girlfriend inside while she was scanning the legendary truth thingy, and one of the Officers outside the house in a laughing manner asked, "are you okay" i shook my head and laughed along with her.

Keep it up scareactors of 2013!!!!!

Much props to the following:

To the one and only zombie to scare me in the streets. In ATL, the young spanish guy. I was watching the tank and you banged on the drum next to me.

On Saturday night around 10:25pm the Evil Mia that came out of the fog room on the right. Scary me bad!

To the Walker that said my name in the Maze on EP night.

To the Saw-Face in Cabin who gave me a close scare.

It's hard to point out specific people with this year because there's a lot of really good scareacting going on, but here's some brief props:

- Cabin in the Woods: Seriously the whole house. Everyone in the last 3 scenes have gotten me every single night and I love it. I believe this was in this house, but on opening night, there was a scareactor quoting Revenge of the Mummy to itimidate guests and it was hilarious. Props to whoever that was.

- The chainsaw scarezone: I loved the megaphone itimidation last night. Stuff like that always ups the intensity and can be pretty funny.

- Havoc: Maybe I've gotten lucky, but both times I went through this house last night (once right at opening with absolutely no one around me), the actors were insane. They were extremely in-your-face and had some super quick and impressive scares. Specifically, there was one actor on my second walkthrough who leaped to the front of the cage and got his hand as close to the girl in front of me's face as possible within less than a second. It was seriously one of the most impressive scares I've seen in a while. The energy has made the house one of my new favorites for the year thus far.

- Evil Dead: Another house with some great casts. The closing cast last night really brought it and the people behind me got some great scares. I was really disappointed with this house on opening night, but I can't get enough of it now. The girl under the basement door really knows how to play the creepy role well. :lol:

Edited by Tbad556
  • Like 1

Oh Havoc Team B, how I love thee. I suspect I will be crawling on the ground by the end of the season at the knees of that giant hulk.

La Llorana, props for my best scare of the season so far on opening night. It was early, so likely Team A. I was admiring the gorgeous set design and had no idea a glowing white figure had snuck up on me and was just waiting for me to turn. My scream was piercing as I nearly wet my pants.

Afterlife Team A was on fire last night. That's not one of my favorite houses, mainly due to the rather dead end, but y'all had me loving it last night. I was run ragged through that entire house. Best run through ever in Evil Dead last night, too (sorry, don't know which team).

Both casts of Havoc are amazing during the cast switch! The last DOW passing through, trying to escape, and getting taken away. Love it!

Andrew in TWD house for hurting my ear and props to the rest of his cast!

Jordan circling around me in New York...also, I believe someone else in his cast groaned "Nightmares..." at me.

Armando with the moving truck...you are amazing with your character! Props to your cast! You got me with the same ear. X.x

Got an amazing double team scare in AWIL at the theater. Don't know which cast but keep it up!

Edited by LadyVulpix103104

Mr. Buckner on the overhead scare, the 26th at around 8 or 9pm... got me good!

The second to last scare in La Llorona got me twice last night. Once at the begining of the night and once at around 10.

The street walkers have been good. I have to first "act" afraid though before any of them try to actually scare me...

American Werewolf group- well done down the board!

And... they aren't scare actors but to Miss Chucky, Miss Myers and Django in B&T... thank you so much for being on this earth

props to the following scareactors

Walking Dead - No Safe Haven: Victoria who I think was in the "crouching" sector who gave Duffy a good scare. along with everyone else.

Afterlife: The 2nd Bobby from Cast A in the headline sector who targeted Duffy again.

Chainsaw Drill Team: The megaphone toting leader who "taunted" Duffy for being "scared".

Havoc II: One of the soldiers in the "aliens-like sector" who said that not even my "stuffed animals" (Duffy and Pal Mickey, of course) could save me

Walking Dead - Fall of Atlanta: The Scareactress who previously told me to take my "babies" and run, for having Duffy hug her because of how "scared" she was.

House 8- American Werewolf in London@around 11:40-11:45pm(also rough time)

Props to one of the Nazi Werewolf Scareactors who got me really, really good!

Massive props also go to all the scareactors who puppeteer the Werewolves! Those things are TERRIFYING and ALL of them scared me really good!

Woo-hoo, my cast!

ok, so I want to show support to 2 house that scared the crap out of me.

La Llorona: the freaking room that has Lloronas on both sides only held back by ropes. They got me freaking good.

American Werewolf in London: The Nazi werewolfs often get me. The one who comes out with a knife out of a closet, Bravo to you!

Also a few of the Jacks got me, so Bravo to them too!

I went through American at around 9:00 - 9:30

Edited by Doctor Cogstein
  • Like 1

Kudos to the "end of the line" guy top down sacre in Havoc... The only startle I got in that house. Got me pretty good :)

kudos to the Op who tried to force her way in front of me in Afterlife when I was 6 inches from the door, when that didn't work, broke in between me and my wife behind me, finally forced her way in front of me in the headlines room, and all so she could stop and talk with another op... way to go.

Last night's (Sunday 9/29) Afterlife cast: I went in around 9:15-9:30pm. You all did great getting the family behind me. Especially the Winged Demons (I know that was the name for them in InBetween) you guys used every turn you had as we got stopped there for a bit.... Awesome work.

Also as I ran through New York at about 10 minutes to 11 one of the ARMY walkers who was scaring people as they took pics by the Irish Store prop. Awesome work!!!!

all right some kudos from yesterday.

*The Cast A guy with the M4 in The Walking Dead who had to do a double take look at me (since I had my Stitch hat on), and the walker who used this opportunity to scare me only to be "shot"

*the CITW guy who looks like Hellraiser but with the saws on his head and that ball thing he always holds for trying to scare Duffy.

*The Atlanta sector's scareactors (including a certain scareactress who needed to be hugged by Duffy only to be ambushed by a walker who got Duffy)

*the soldier from last week who showed up during the cast transition when I went to Havoc before I left the park who once again taunted me by saying that "Stuffed animals (Pal Mickey and Duffy) alone wouldn't be enough to save me".

*the possessed Natalie (or as Duffy deems her, "Bad Natalie") who tried to "shoot" us with the nail gun.

Edited by figment1988

Did you take a photo if me? If so, hello!

Possible. Check here::

www.facebook.com/jslphotography

if so, feel free to tag yourself, in the comments'.

I love how animated nemisis is on Cast B R.E house, the one uptop (The first one you see)

Ah...new york...(erm...atlanta...) thats all i can say.

CiTW, Cast A, the spike faced guy who can come out of his cell, fantastic.