Walking Dead : Roaming Street | Walker Bomb Truck

JDW

• 2 weeks later...

One of the guys that accompany the walker bomb must be a member, or just like to torment us nightmares folks. Both nights that I've worn one of my nightmares shirts he's shouted at me something along the lines of "better get moving, we don't like you nightmares folks around here" it's those small touches that make buying a shirt worth it. All in all the walker bomb is a cool little addition to the streets.

The guard with the blue shirt, black vest, and beard loves to torment my wife (who usually wears her tardis hat). Got her 3 times on thursday, she was so freaked out she plunked down on a bench. He strolled by and screamed "yeah, you'd better sit!" Classic.

The guard with the blue shirt, black vest, and beard loves to torment my wife (who usually wears her tardis hat). Got her 3 times on thursday, she was so freaked out she plunked down on a bench. He strolled by and screamed "yeah, you'd better sit!" Classic.

Sounds like King_K

I posted this in agallochs review when he critiqued the lack of interactive element with this idea and thought it would be just as appropriate here. I completely agree with him and am a huge TWD fan.

In the show when the van shows up walkers definitely attack the characters when this happens....here, I don't know what they were going for.

They let the walkers out to attack guests I guess (I don't know why they would uh do this? The survivors of Woodbury never attacked its own citizens unless were supposed to be like the characters in the prison) and then the survivors stand by and guard the area. I guess guests are supposed to be a threat to the Woodbury survivors like the prisoners, army was in the show. Well without the Governer mentioned in the park this doesn't really work because the survivor woman near the entrance and in the opening scaremony is on our side. She's not trying to attack us. So this whole thing just comes off as a bit weird. Especially due to the fact that if they are trying to get the walkers to attack us, why rally them back in the van at the end? It makes no sense.

It would have been a lot more interactive if Universal added some hidden actors as guests when they did these scenes that the walkers could go after. This would have accomplished much more of what they were going for. The survivors could attack the walkers then instead of just standing there.

And once again, this would have been a great opportunity for the characters from the show to make an appearance and turn this into its own "show". People would have loved that.

Instead, yeah they pretty much let them out, they wander around, the survivors guard the area and then throw something in the van, they all move and the van drives away. I actually got one of the suvivors to break character because I was looking in the van lol.

What they should have done if they wanted to be faithful to the show is have the truck show up, walkers come out. Van stays parked and the driver runs away. Survivors come into the area, yelling at people to move and attack the walkers that come out. Scaractors disguised as guests get attacked and a breakout occurs. I understand walkers being shot would have to fall down, but there could be a solution to this. A survivor that showed up could take control of the van and rally the other survivors to drag the dead walkers back into it and drive away with the survivors having saved most guests. If walkers have to fall to the ground from being shot, obviously it could be a safety issue so security would need to be nearby whenever this scene happens. They could also block the area off after the survivors win allowing everyone to clear off.

Otherwise after the scene everyone scatters through the zones backstage like the other areas and just have the van drive around to the designated area and repeat different versions of the scene through the night like in the Atlanta zone.

But yeah, this would have been such a perfect opportunity to have the characters make an appearance and save the guests of Universal just like it happens on the show.

What could have been....

Edited by somebody85

The Walker Bomb works very well as it is. These are Woodbury survivors still working for the Governor as his henchman, patrolling the streets and unleashing walkers at the most opportune time. The bomb considers all guests as enemies and targets.

They actually have great interaction with the survivors in Atlanta. They get chased after, attacked, and even placed in the truck as Walker bait sometimes.

The driver staying makes sense. Not only is he protected from the walkers while driving, he's also got a weapon to protect himself.

A lot of what you're suggesting they get done isn't practical and can cause a lot of injury in certain situations.

(This is all my personal opinion.)

• Like 3

Apparently, and I quote, "it's a damn green shirt, not blue"!

I'm so dreadfully sorry. As retribution, please accept easy prey in a funny hat, to be delivered on Sunday.

• Mark M. changed the title to Walking Dead : Roaming Street | Walker Bomb Truck