HHN 23 Discussion

I am, lol. gotta watch it live, just got to. I may go pick up a pepperoni pizza and throw it on the roof.

:) yeah, you really have to. (Specially because I knew people would spoil everything for me if I didn't see it lol)

I did the In Between alone. and I did Dead Exposure in 2008 alone. Like Completely alone, I was there too early and there was no one in line.

It is cool, But something that happened was that because I was the only one and I didn't make much noise, I missed a lot of the scares. It felt like because i was the only one maybe they didn't know there was anyone in the house or something like that. It was really cool but I only got like half of the effects and scares.

A lot of times, when the houses are dead, the scareactors just stop paying attention out of boredom. Also, depending on their scare, they may be anticipating on scaring someone behind you, but don't see that you're alone until it's too late.

Of course, some scareactors will look at someone and not feel like they're worth the effort in trying to scare.

• Like 1

The actual guy scaring in my room in AWIL actually can't really see incoming people too well unless he opens the door enough that he risks being seen by the guests. So usually he has to let the first person or two walk by and try to scare whoever's behind them; it's not uncommon for him to scare the back of someone's head or hit someone who's still 6 feet away from his door.

They still tend to scream and run away, though.

The actual guy scaring in my room in AWIL actually can't really see incoming people too well unless he opens the door enough that he risks being seen by the guests. So usually he has to let the first person or two walk by and try to scare whoever's behind them; it's not uncommon for him to scare the back of someone's head or hit someone who's still 6 feet away from his door.

They still tend to scream and run away, though.

Sometimes I will see him look out. If I see him, I just say "Hi Undead Jack"

If it was really a problem in getting scares, you could drill a hole through the door and make it look like a peep hole that would be on a front door. That way he can look through and prepare for the scare.

• Like 1

Anyone else manage to get a solo walkthrough of one of the houses? On Friday, my second house during SaS was Resident Evil. I walked through the line and when I got to the entrance, there was no one else there and there was no one in line behind me either. I walked through the entire house on my own. Kind of cool being able to walk through at my own pace and not have to deal with the conga line. That's never happened to me before. The closest I've come was a couple of years ago when I was stopped at the entrance to a house for a couple of minutes and then got to be at the head of the line going in.

Went through Havoc yesterday by myself. It was very fun even though it was still light outside.

A lot of times, when the houses are dead, the scareactors just stop paying attention out of boredom. Also, depending on their scare, they may be anticipating on scaring someone behind you, but don't see that you're alone until it's too late.

Of course, some scareactors will look at someone and not feel like they're worth the effort in trying to scare.

yeah that's what I was thinking. a couple of times i felt awkward and uncomfortable lol, because I felt like, even if they scared me it felt like I Was making them waste a scare on me or something. Like I was not worthy of the scares for being alone lol.

I Totally understood the actors probably didn't hear me, I totally understood why it happened. It was still awesome to do the houses alone. I loved that

Weird they modified this today (read was added stirkthrough was removed):

There's something in the woods and it grows stronger every day. Descend into madness at the nation's premier Halloween event, Halloween Horror Nights® 23. On select nights nowâfrom Sept. 20–Nov. 2, the biggest names in horror transform Universal Studios Florida® into your worst nightmares. From AMC's The Walking Dead, to Resident Evil, Evil Dead, and more, there's nowhere to hide. Fight for your life through nightmarish haunted houses, outrageous live shows, and a brand-new The Walking Dead street experience—only at Universal's Halloween Horror Nights 23. Are you prepared to face the evil that has taken root?

I'm confused why they are still pushing the Evil Takes Root deal? It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to the event.

What is in the woods? What is growing stronger? What are the monster's running from in the commercial?

I agree. the marketing does seem a bit off when it comes to the "theme" this year. the advertising for individual properties is fine, but the only cohesive thing about this year is the amount of zombie representation throughout the various houses. 5 of the 8 feature zombies in one form or another. and then of course the scare zones are all walking dead themed. "evil takes root" and other catchphrases don't really seem to relate to anything other than evil dead.

• Like 1

Weird they modified this today (read was added stirkthrough was removed):

There's something in the woods and it grows stronger every day. Descend into madness at the nation's premier Halloween event, Halloween Horror Nights® 23. On select nights nowâfrom Sept. 20âNov. 2, the biggest names in horror transform Universal Studios Florida® into your worst nightmares. From AMC's The Walking Dead, to Resident Evil, Evil Dead, and more, there's nowhere to hide. Fight for your life through nightmarish haunted houses, outrageous live shows, and a brand-new The Walking Dead street experienceâonly at Universal's Halloween Horror Nights 23. Are you prepared to face the evil that has taken root?

I'm confused why they are still pushing the Evil Takes Root deal? It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to the event.

What is in the woods? What is growing stronger? What are the monster's running from in the commercial?

. It's a buildup for next years theme... "The Halloween Tree" ;)
  • Like 2

Did they ever kill off PS...what happened to her?

On our unmasking the horror tour someone asked the guide about this. His reply was that they simply stopped using PS for this year, that there is no conclusion to that character at the moment.

I find it kind of Ironic that everyone was mad about having so many Ip houses...
But this year the best houses are Ips, and the least liked seem to be the two original houses.
Evil dead is really amazing, Werwolf is probably the best house I've ever seen, Cabin is really good, and Walking Dead is still a lot better

than last year.

just saying,

Edited by LV-426
  • Like 4

I have a strange hunch all the Jack references this year are poising him to come back next year. Honestly.. even though I think he has been over used... I'd kill to get him back and have TWD go away.

I concur. Don't get me wrong, I love TWD but having it as a whole street experience was just... blah.

I have a strange hunch all the Jack references this year are poising him to come back next year. Honestly.. even though I think he has been over used... I'd kill to get him back and have TWD go away.

Hmmm interesting idea. I agree with Reaper as much as I love the show it doesn't translate into HHN material well, or is at least to predominate in the event. Yeah I am dying for an original icon again although I don't want it to be Jack but whatever happens in 24 is a shake up to the formula that 22 and 23 have had as far as streets and atmosphere in the park.