HHN 23 Discussion

Well depends... You get three houses done before the park opens. Or.. you see whatever thing they have at the gate. I don't know what they have planned (Ihave gone to the AP for yearS) but the last exciting opening I remember was '07

The completionist in me wants to recommend the opening scaremonies. But 2-3 houses before the crowds start to pile up is enticing as well. I'd say it depends on what you'd rather see; You're going to see the houses anyway, it's just a matter of what time/how quickly you want to see them.

Just about six hours to go until the event goes live. I wanted to get the sentiment out of the way early and say it has been another fantastic 9 months of speculation and discussion. I want to wish everyone a happy haunting season!

Okay, that out of the way, I'm curious about Herschel's barn. Is it packed to the gills with walkers or is a nice burny smelling place to stop and enjoy a beer and hot dog?

I'd say it's neither of those. It's definitely not packed with walkers, but it's not a place you can hang out either. It's really just a quick walkthrough for ambiance rather than an attraction.

• Like 2

Wait times are under "Attractions" under the "Streets & More" heading.

Unfortunately, It will only give you the wait times if you are in the park.

Your location can easily be spoofed. While I've never done it on a PC, it's quite simple using a cell phone. Just download one of the many GPS spoofing apps.....though be warned, don't call 911 when the app is running without telling them your address.....some confused first responders would end up wandering around Universal.

Edit: I stand corrected. Apparently since it's through the browser only (seriously guys?! You had an app last year, why not this year?) spoofing doesn't work.....and on top of that, it's quite cumbersome to even get to the page. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if it didn't work at all in the park.

Edit II: Nevermind. Crappy Android 2.1 browser messed it up. Downloaded Firefox and now I have wait times. So it's confirmed that it does work at least. I just wish they'd either give us an app, or the SMS based service. Feels like every year they take something else away from us. Remember when we used to have SMS games? Now we don't even have SMS wait times...

Edited by Cramer

Just about six hours to go until the event goes live. I wanted to get the sentiment out of the way early and say it has been another fantastic 9 months of speculation and discussion. I want to wish everyone a happy haunting season!

Okay, that out of the way, I'm curious about Herschel's barn. Is it packed to the gills with walkers or is a nice burny smelling place to stop and enjoy a beer and hot dog?

nothing in the park is packed with walkers, nothing. they are pretty spread out in the park.

If you went last year, imagine the last room of the house but smaller and by itself. It is pretty nice, I liked it more than the barn in the house last year.

Would anyone happen to know if they're using their usual text-based wait time service this year?

I downloaded an HHN23 app on my android phone that had the wait times, it's not from UNI so I'm not sure how correct the wait times are. They seemed off tonight when I was at the park but only by like 10 mins or so. I guess it's better than nothing.

Overall the streets were stepped up since the EP preview. NY still is in my book as the main scare-zone of the event (boy do I feel sorry for the rest)

Cabin was a bit more active. Sad that the merman(however you spell it) was not a actor and still no Unicorn and what's with the thing props?

WD and I'm giving them a standing clap for still keeping it going even in the last set.

To those who want to see the scaramonies. You have to wait outside the main arch gate about 4:30. Just to be first through security and to be upfront at the gate. It's a awesome show but truly if your there to see the houses. Do just that, see the houses.

To those who want to see the scaramonies. You have to wait outside the main arch gate about 4:30. Just to be first through security and to be upfront at the gate. It's a awesome show but truly if your there to see the houses. Do just that, see the houses.

Overall the streets were stepped up since the EP preview. NY still is in my book as the main scare-zone of the event (boy do I feel sorry for the rest)

Cabin was a bit more active. Sad that the merman(however you spell it) was not a actor and still no Unicorn and what's with the thing props?

WD and I'm giving them a standing clap for still keeping it going even in the last set.

Do we have set times yet? I like to try to make sure I see both casts, if possible, so I am interested to know who will be performing when.

Any feedback on which houses have the longest lines?

I finally got into the wait time list on the website last night after getting Firefox to spoof my location (The plugin I downloaded for Chrome didn't appear to work), but I was doing other things and only managed to see a couple of updates which seemed to show the wait times around 30-45 minutes for most of the houses.

every house at the front/soundstages had an hour wait at some point, I believe, but I think the average posted wait time overall was 45 minutes. I got into line for american werewolf for a 20 minute wait, and it was at least 30. havoc was an hour wait when I got to it, and I waited 30 minutes in express for it. I think I only had one really fast entrance with express the whole night. it was at least 15 minutes every other time.

cabin in the woods seemed to have the longest line of the soundstage houses to me in how the queue was laid out, havoc was very packed, the tents & parade building didn't seem too bad (of course I was using express on those after the AP preview).

Edited by dave

So, now that they didn't give all the walkers on the streets masks but they used make up, Do the walkers look better than last year?

I still liked the masks more. The zombie make up doesn't really look that good to me. But I wonder if everyone likes the make up over the masks this year

Okay verdicts out and color me surprised. If you thought The Walking Dead house was bad here be glad we didn't get Hollywoods. The Cell Block Section C area loops people around the same room, and on a busy night...it looks like you are stuck there for awhile like this video shows. Overall it's no where near as detailed and no other characters appear from the show except Michonnes pets. The makeup/prosthetics for the walkers look great and the Helicopter scene is really cool but that is the only 2 positive things I can say about this house. Did not expect that, since last year there version looked miles better then ours. I'll take bad masks anyday over that.

However the backlot entrance is really sick and about the closest I've seen either park get to recreating the feel of The Walking Dead. Those strobes that hide scareactors are awesome. It just sucks that area is so short, and nearly impossible to stay in. And why don't Walkers run like that in Orlando?

Hollywood nailed Insidious though, that looks like fun.

Back to Orlando, from all the reviews I've read sounds like AWIL & Cabin In The Woods are the best this year with Evil Dead and Llorona also up there. Can't wait to go!

Guest kiwisoup

Okay verdicts out and color me surprised. If you thought The Walking Dead house was bad here be glad we didn't get Hollywoods. The Cell Block Section C area loops people around the same room, and on a busy night...it looks like you are stuck there for awhile like this video shows. Overall it's no where near as detailed and no other characters appear from the show except Michonnes pets. The makeup/prosthetics for the walkers look great and the Helicopter scene is really cool but that is the only 2 positive things I can say about this house. Did not expect that, since last year there version looked miles better then ours. I'll take bad masks anyday over that.

Not to rehash anything...but I'm finding it kinda funny now that on the other coast they laughed at our media walkthrough and prematurely declared themselves the better TWD house before anything was even seen there on top of saying Orlando can't touch Hollywood when it comes to IP houses, but it also looks like Evil Dead is not quite up to par either compared to our version. The set design is great but it's the countless static or animatronic characters that does it in. But I will say the helicopter scene was pretty awesome along with the energy of the scareactors and we already know their makeup is much better...and of course I'm super jealous of Insidious. Really each coast has their strengths and shortcomings and it's interesting to compare them each year.

Edited by kiwisoup

Cabin was a bit more active. Sad that the merman(however you spell it) was not a actor and still no Unicorn and what's with the thing props?.

. The Unicorn can be found in the same scene as the Mernan, you just have really look for it. As for the Thing props, they did say creations from horror nights past would be appearing.., they did not specify original or IP creations. ;)

lines were again 45 minutes on average in the soundstage area (the exception seemed to be resident evil which had a lower wait time whenever I passed by), an hour long at havoc when I went over there. didn't see what the wait times were over by the parade building & tent houses since I knocked those out during the AP preview.

I wasn't at the event, but I was tracking the wait times from the website. Don't know how well this matches reality, but from the 9 batches of wait times I grabbed from the website last night, here's what I found:

The longest wait times were at Evil Dead, Havoc2, American Werewolf, and Cabin in the Woods. The lines for these averaged about 30 minutes with spikes up to 50 minutes.

Walking Dead and Afterlife averaged about 25 minutes, but were as low as 10-15 minutes at times.

Resident Evil and La Llorona averaged 14 minutes and 11 minutes respectively, but were as low a 5 minutes near the end of the night.

Can anyone who was there last night confirm whether these wait times match with what you saw?