Behind The Screams Tours

JDW

unfortunately no. She at first told me there was for AP and then quickly corrected herself. <_<

damn, I was hoping my AP would kick in on this . . . not sure if I can afford to do this. I've never gone to an unmasking the horror tour all these years, but I already splurged on the cadillac of HHN passes and got a FFP w/express. with family coming to visit meaning possible other theme park destinations, and the launch of new video game consoles, my limited funds will be tested.

also doesn't help that the houses I'm most interested in going behind the scenes on are resident evil and cabin in the woods, separate tours.

I Know some of you do the tour every year. is there any rhyme or reason to how they choose the houses for the tour? I could only get they are subject to change and they do not tell you in advance the houses you will see..

This is the first year we know which houses will be when. 3 in the morning 3 different ones in the afternoon. Before this we learned which ones we would visit when we arrived.

Nope. I asked when I purchased my ticket. Still photos only. No audio or video recording. Apparently, this is due to the full videos of the tour that were posted on YouTube a couple of years ago.

Ironically, those videos are what made me want to take the tour...

I did my tour on the 3rd and it was great. We did both the morning and afternoon tour. Our guide Jesse was really cool and seemed to genuinely love his job, which always makes things that much better. Only issue we had was the 2 kids who just had to be at the front of the tour right beside the guide the whole time, even going as far as pushing my wife out of the way at one point to get there. I had to tell myself to just breath at that point lol. All in all it ended up being a great experience. The guide kept me involved in the tour, due the nightmares shirt I was wearing he knew I was a huge fan. I hung towards the back of the group most of the time though to get pics of the rooms without anyone in them which was nice. I would suggest the tour to anyone on the fence about it. If you're a fan of the event and like to know the inside workings then the tour is a must. The details in these houses are just amazing.

In all honesty, I found the tour to be much more beneficial than the actual event itself.

I'm debating on posting a review (of the event) because I don't want to be a Negative Nancy - but I cannot say enough positive things about this tour. Our tour guide Ashley (I believe) was also fun, and you could tell she was a fan of the IP's and not just reciting some random scripting as she took us through the houses.

This tour - if you haven't done it - really gives you an opportunity to see all the hard work that creative put into the design of the houses. From the set, to the layout of the scares, as well as some backstory and bits of trivia. These are all things that you don't get an chance to appreciate when being rushed through the houses during the actual event itself.

So glad I was able to get a last minute tour booked. Highlight of my HHN experience, hands down.

Edited by Insane24Se7en