Most Anticipated House

sethg

86 members have voted

1. 1. What is your number one 'Most Anticipated House'?

• The Walking Dead : No Safe Haven
    • An American Werewolf in London
    • Resident Evil : Escape from Raccoon City
    • Evil Dead
    • Cabin in the Woods
    • Urban Legends : La Llorona
    • Afterlife : Death's Vengeance
    • HAVOC : Derailed

Now that all of the houses of HHN 23 have officially been revealed, how does your "most anticipated" list stack up?
1. Cabin in the Woods
2. Evil Dead
3. Afterlife
4. Resident Evil
5. An American Werewolf in London
6. La Llorona
7. Havoc
8. Walking Dead

Don't know if I'll be able to go yet, but I can still post this none the less.

1. An American Werewolf in London - First horror film I ever saw, still my favorite werewolf film of all time, an' this is clearly a passion project for A&D with this being their third time in trying to do it.

2. Resident Evil : Escape from Raccoon City - If this was going to be based on the movies, this would be near the bottom. So it was a freakin' awesome surprise hearing this is based on the 2nd and 3rd games. That alone shot this way up my list, and hearing they'll be trying things like a Paused room? Sign. Me. Up.

3. Cabin in the Woods - I enjoyed the hell out of the film, so it's pretty easy for me to be excited for this. I look forward to the Merman, Unicorn and Werewolf (Favorite bipedal werewolf in a long time) and I'm eager to see what familiar faces return in the end.

4. La Llorona - Hollywood knocked this out of the park with the two years it was a house, so I'm intruiged to see how Orlando does it. I just hope it has the same great atmosphere and the same punch Hollywood was able to give it. I can see they're doing the horse head La Llorona's, so that's a good sign.

5. Afterlife : Death's Vengeance - I'm fairly intruiged with this one, should be pretty good if it can pack the same scary punch that The InBetween pulled off.

6,7. Havoc : Derailed and Evil Dead (Can't really decide where to place these two, but I have a couple concerns with each) - Havoc is a tricky beast, the setting/sets of the first one wasn't special since it was just the set's of the Spawning...however it was memorable solely because of the talent. On one side it's good because the talent made the best out of what they were given, but on the other side...with that being the main reason it was good, all those in the sequel house have mighty big shoes to fill. Now the new setting will probably be a step above the first, however it's still really going to come down to the talent. I wish everyone the best of luck on that.

As for Evil Dead, while I did like the remake/reboot...I don't think it'll translate into the kind of house I'll enjoy. I'm not a big fan of houses where you're more watching what's happening to others, and it doesn't feel like you're a part of it. Since the film is about people mutilating themselves and their friends, unfortunately it's rather fitting for the kind of house I'm not a fan of.

8. The Walking Dead - Not really a big fan of TWD, and I wasn't really impressed by what I saw in the walkthrough videos of last year. Hopefully with it in the Parade building and the new settings it'll be a improvement. One thing I will give this IP, at least this probably helped bring back the themed scare zones. An' while I may not agree with TWD being all the zones, it's still an' big improvement over a few graves and blue lights.

1. Havoc: Derailed - I think the concept of a derailed train for a haunted house sounds very unique and really cool. Looking forward to this.

2. American Werewolf in London: Loved the movie and I am looking forward to seeing this played out

3. Resident Evil: Not a fan of the games, but the characters and environments sound cool.

4. Cabin in the Woods: Same thoughts as AWiL

5. Afterlife: Death's Vengeance: I love the idea of guests following in the footsteps of a serial killer. Sounds like a really great concept.

6. Walking Dead: I'm interested in seeing Orlando's version as I will be seeing Hollywood's.

7. La Llorona: Already saw both version of Hollywood, which is why I'm anticipating this less, but I look forward to the East Coast's rendition.

8. Evil Dead: I can't imagine it would seem too radically different from Hollywood so this is at the bottom.

1. C̸a̸b̸i̸n̸ I̸n̸ t̸h̸e̸ W̸o̸o̸d̸s̸

2. A̸m̸e̸r̸i̸c̸a̸n̸ W̸e̸r̸e̸w̸o̸l̸f̸ i̸n̸ L̸o̸n̸d̸o̸n̸

3. L̸a̸L̸o̸r̸o̸n̸a̸

4. A̸f̸t̸e̸r̸l̸i̸f̸e̸

5. E̸v̸i̸l̸ D̸e̸a̸d̸

6. R̸e̸s̸i̸d̸e̸n̸t̸ E̸v̸i̸l̸

7. H̸a̸v̸o̸c̸

8. W̸a̸l̸k̸i̸n̸g̸ D̸e̸a̸d̸

Edited by Michaelz

1.AWIL

2. Resident Evil (one of my favorite games comes to life)

3. Afterlife

4. Havoc 2

5. Evil Dead

6. Cabin in the Woods

7. TWD (big fan of the show, however I did not need to see this theme again this year)

8. La Llorona (I know I'm the only one but I just don't care about this story)

1. Cabin in the Woods. (Loved the movie. I really can't see this house being bad in the slightest. Onslaught of many different creatures, including past HHN characters, in a facility. I don't think it's possible to screw it up. Plus Aiello and the directors of the film all seem incredibly excited about the house.)

2. Urban Legends: La Llorona (those pictures they put up then took down on the site looked AMAZING.)

3. After Life: Death's Vengeance (Not a fan of the subtitle. From the pictures on the site, it looks like how IB was set up. Neon colors, but uses the 3D as an advantage and have an actual use, unlike P&T)

4. American Werewolf In London (the way Aiello talks about it makes me incredibly hopeful.)

5. Resident Evil: Escape From Raccoon City (never played the games/watched the films, but sounds like it has potential to be great. I'm intrigued by the "Pause Room".)

6. HAVOC: Derailed (didn't need to come back, but it still has potential to be crazy again if they give it a powerful cast like in 2010.)

7. The Walking Dead: No Safe Haven (I hate that subtitle. What's wrong with having TWD as the title like ED/CITW? At least it's better than "Dead Inside" lol. But the pictures they've put out on the main site look amazing and it has potential to actually be good this time. If AMC aren't tightwads again this could be excellent.)

8. Evil Dead (Can't seem to get excited for this one. I think it'll be gory and bloody as hell, but just don't feel all that excited about it compared to the others.)

Sidenote: It's kind of funny that the property that's being thrown all over the event is near or at the bottom of almost everyone's list xD

Edited by foREVer56