A Question for Scaractors Past and Present

Hello everyone!

I was curious how feasible it is to get a brief interview with the Scareactors? I understand anybody who talks will be in character, and that is fine. Is this encouraged? Are you guys allowed to be filmed while doing so?

I'm expecting a brief little conversation, under five minutes or so and be on camera. I expect that it would be far easier to interact with Scareactors in the Scare Zones rather than in the Houses, and the stilt walkers would be unable to reasonably speak to me. Same goes for mask wearers.

Still, I'd like some feedback on how to go about this. What is the best way to engage you guys?

Hello everyone!

I was curious how feasible it is to get a brief interview with the Scareactors? I understand anybody who talks will be in character, and that is fine. Is this encouraged? Are you guys allowed to be filmed while doing so?

I'm expecting a brief little conversation, under five minutes or so and be on camera. I expect that it would be far easier to interact with Scareactors in the Scare Zones rather than in the Houses, and the stilt walkers would be unable to reasonably speak to me. Same goes for mask wearers.

Still, I'd like some feedback on how to go about this. What is the best way to engage you guys?

If you are legitimately going to try and interview a scareactor during the event, I would advise you to not do it. Interviews should be sanctioned and approved by Universal, and trying to do it while the performers are actively on set will require them to not be doing their job. That's asking for them to get fired on the spot.

If you would like to interview a scareactor, there are plenty who may be willing to answer questions. But, just be aware that who you interview may need to remain anonymous. Many scareactors are a tad skittish to conduct them.

• Like 3

If you are legitimately going to try and interview a scareactor during the event, I would advise you to not do it. Interviews should be sanctioned and approved by Universal, and trying to do it while the performers are actively on set will require them to not be doing their job. That's asking for them to get fired on the spot.

If you would like to interview a scareactor, there are plenty who may be willing to answer questions. But, just be aware that who you interview may need to remain anonymous. Many scareactors are a tad skittish to conduct them.

Thank you, Legacy.

So what is the best way to go about doing a legit interview approved by Universal? Contact the Media Center?

I do know that certain characters, like Jack will interact in character with people getting a picture. I have seen short little videos of Icons and Minor Icons speaking in character to somebody filming (for less than three minutes or so before taking off and getting back to chasing people), and that is what I am looking for anyway, simple, short, and in character. I know the main job is to jump out at people, or just look scary and in control of the area.

Edited by Space Patrol

Can I ask what exactly you are looking for and what you intend to use it for?

Me and a friend will be shooting for a few minutes while waiting in line, talking about the House we are heading into, or about the park experience in general, our park videos tend to be less than 30 minutes, but we aren't going for any time length. It will end up on Youtube. We aren't huge Youtubers either, if we break 500 views we will be lucky.

I don't have anything terribly specific in mind. Just a general conversation, probably some chit chat about the lore of their Scare Zone/House if I get lucky and talk to an Icon, or a Minor Icon I can ask them about their story/House, etc.

It's not a full blown in depth interview.

This seems like the smartest move. I will give that a try.

Edited by Space Patrol

I don't have anything terribly specific in mind. Just a general conversation, probably some chit chat about the lore of their Scare Zone/House if I get lucky and talk to an Icon, or a Minor Icon I can ask them about their story/House, etc.

It's not a full blown in depth interview.

Gotcha, then that might be difficult to pull this year. There are only two types of characters this year; walkers (who can't talk without breaking character), and survivors. While you could interview a survivor, the chainsaws would be too noisy and any potential barkers are too busy talking.

Also, considering all the zones are based on a TV show that not everyone watches, there's no certainty the survivor would actually know enough about their area to be compelling.

Go for it in any case, just want you to know the inherent limitations.