Halloween Horror Nights 2013 Planning and Tips

With HHN happening in about one month and one maze left to announce let's share some tips and our Event Plan for this year. If you have your planning schedule ready please fell free to post it and share with us. Now here are some of my Tips.

If you attend on a Friday or Saturday night head towards the lower lot first for best wait times.

If TWD maze queue ends up being in the upper lot do it first or do it right after your done with the lower lot.

Make room for Bill and Ted.

If you attend Sunday night try to do the Terror Tram first thing as it gets crowded later on and it closes early.

• Like 1

Now what you want to do is do everything in the upper lot first. Don't waste your time with the lower lot its SUPER CROWDED.

HOH will be the best maze of the night by far so do that first

Ride a shit ton of rides, don't waste time doing stupid mazes

Don't go in early entry, it's not worth it

The scarezones are always top notch with specific props and awesome stories so spend 3 hours in each scarezone

You should always make a lot of ruckus in the mazes, people love that.

And last but not least, don't buy the DVD's that They shove up your bootyhole all the time and complain about promotional ads at HHN that don't actually affect the how the mazes turn out :)

Kidding (obviously) just do they opposite of everything I said

Edited by Ridesandstuff
  • Like 5

One thing I found out throughout the last two years is that if you do one maze on the upper lot and then the lower lot it works out pretty well. I did Alice Cooper first last year on my Second visit on Friday, then Silent Hill, TCM and the rides and I was done around 8:45

Murdy is known for his carnyism, so it's best not to listen to him when he says go to the lower lot first. That trickster!

Every third showing of the Simpsons is the secret Halloween overlay that's been rumored. Ride Simpsons until you see it! It will take a while but you will be worth it.

There's a secret maze CITW in the Shrek queue, so hang out there and wait until a park employee comes up to you. The secret passcode is "I snuck a flask past security!" and they will usher you into the hidden maze.

TT scareactors really love to see repeat guests, so if you go twice in a row they will give you extra attention. Three times in a row and you'll be the belle of the ball!

FOL passes are expensive, so the best way to avoid the lines is to cut. If you are sneaky enough you can pull it off without anybody seeing you, trust me.

Murdy is having an announced contest! The log bunny is hidden somewhere inside the Evil Dead maze. The catch is, you have to find it before September 20th. Find a video camera and go into the Evil Dead maze, when you find log bunny turn it on and say your full name. Upload the video to youtube and forward it to Murdy.

---

But really, we don't know the location of one maze and another maze may or may not require a tram ride. Let's hold up.

• Like 5

Murdy is known for his carnyism, so it's best not to listen to him when he says go to the lower lot first. That trickster!

Every third showing of the Simpsons is the secret Halloween overlay that's been rumored. Ride Simpsons until you see it! It will take a while but you will be worth it.

There's a secret maze CITW in the Shrek queue, so hang out there and wait until a park employee comes up to you. The secret passcode is "I snuck a flask past security!" and they will usher you into the hidden maze.

TT scareactors really love to see repeat guests, so if you go twice in a row they will give you extra attention. Three times in a row and you'll be the belle of the ball!

FOL passes are expensive, so the best way to avoid the lines is to cut. If you are sneaky enough you can pull it off without anybody seeing you, trust me.

Murdy is having an announced contest! The log bunny is hidden somewhere inside the Evil Dead maze. The catch is, you have to find it before September 20th. Find a video camera and go into the Evil Dead maze, when you find log bunny turn it on and say your full name. Upload the video to youtube and forward it to Murdy.

---

But really, we don't know the location of one maze and another maze may or may not require a tram ride. Let's hold up.

LMFAO lets do what what Ferpx says he is a tactical genuis!!!

yeah this thread may have gone up prematurely

Here is the plan I have been doing since 2007 (when the lower lot mazes first appeared. there really was not any crowds in 2006)

Get there two hours prior to the event starting as you beat the crowds and L.A traffic. Eat at Citywalk or whatever and then go to the main gate.

You will be right in the front for the opening Scaremony and ahead of the crowd.

Hit the Terror Tram first as it is the most popular attraction.

Go immediately to the lower lot as wait times are usually 5-15 minutes for all mazes down there the first hour.

Then go to the upper lot and take care of all the upper lot mazes (The Walking Dead as well)

You should have at least 2 hours of free time after hitting up everything. (I usually do the past 7 years).

Edited by Zero56
  • Like 1

I get there since like 4, we usually eat Tommy's or Taco Bell, then drown yourself in full throttle and go buy crap from the store by the entrance before getting in line.

This year Insidious first.... get it over with + prize then my most anticipated maze Evil Dead. Up to TWD then TT. Then go look for the full throttle shots or buy the Duff energy drink.

After that im not sure were to go to. I'll figure out later

Buy a FOL - absolutely worth it.

Do early admission if you can - last year we did early in and went to lower lot first while the bulk of the masses went to the TT. Us and 30 - 50 other people had the entire lower lot to ourselves long enough to do all the rides once and mazes twice without pulling out the FOL. Used the FOL the rest of the night and had time to eat, shop, face painting, etc. And see Bill & Ted - twice.

This year I'm spending the extra $ for VIPs.

Front of the Line was worth it when it was unlimited, it was glorious going into Halloween the life and crimes of Michael Myers multiple times. If you have the extra money go for it but if you follow Murdy's tips you should be fine for the night.

^Ever since 2011 I've doing VIP instead of FOL for unlimited access.

V.I.P is okay but not worth the money (in my opinion.) Which is why Murdy is at the helm now so he can add more value for your dollar. I certainly don't have money for V.I.P anymore since college.

I'm doing the Walking Dead backlot first thing. As much as i would love to see how insanely crowded that area get, I'm also thinking about how fun it would be to roam it semi empty.

I could care less about the Insidious prize that'll just be sold out by the time I get there anyway.

I have a feeling our best bet would be the Terror Tram, Backlot mazes, Lower Lot mazes, then upper lot and Bill and Ted. But I'm really nervous about whether or not the backlot will be busy by the time I'm done with the Terror Tram. Do you guys think Backlot or Terror Tram first? I'm probably going on a Thursday night so keep that in mind.

Gonna get FOL. Head to Insidious first get the prize. Then gonna head to the backlot to do TWD and 13:3D still not using any FOL. Go back to lower lot to FOL ED. Then hit up all the rides down there (maybe use FOL depends on wait times). Go to upper lot and do TT FOL. After that Bill and Ted,FOL UMR, and "Pumpkin"(coco). Then going back to lower lot to FOL Insidious. Then back out to backlot to do TWD and 13:3D again

Edited by HigbeeHaunt
  • Like 1

Now that I know where everything is, I know exactly my plan:

The Purge scarezone/opening scaramonies

Run down to the lower lot/scarezone

Quick ride on Transformers

Board the first or second tram to NY street

Walking Dead backlot

Walking Dead

Black Sabbath

Return to lower lot (hopefully it'll only be 7:30 by now)

Insidious

Jurassic Park

The Mummy

Evil Dead

Hopefully its only 8 - 8:30

Terror Tram

UMR

Chucky scarezone

El Cucuy

French street scarezone

Bill and Ted to end the night

I really don't wanna wait for a tram and then wait again for 2 seperate mazes (unless it'll be literally non stop trams, I can't help but think there'll be a line). Even if doing it second or third, i still have my reservations on the process and it makes me nervous. Plus, i'd be willing to wait in 30-45 min lines for ED and Insidious. But idk, we'll see what employee night has to say about it.

Edited by DTH316

Yeah, it could be better to do the Metro thing first. The whole tram to the back thing is worth some concern, especially with a big name scarezone AND maze back there. But if you get to the lower lot first that's like...20 minutes at the most you'll spend on ED and Insidious. Well, time will tell.