Halloween Horror Nights 30 Discussion

Mark M.

My favourite to least favourite for scarezones so far:

Lights Camera Hacktion

30 Years, 30 Fears

Seek and Destroy 

Gorewood Forest

Crypt TV

enjoyed all the scarezones but Crypt TV was way too cramped and I think they needed Body Collectors in Gorewood Forest

Got done with second and final night. 

House rankings from least favourite to favourite:

Beetlejuice

Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Bride of Frankenstein 

Haunting of Hill House

Welcome to SCarey

Revenge of the Tooth Fairy

Puppet Theatre

Case Files Unearthed

The Wicked Growth

Icons Captured

Scarezones least favourite to favourite:

Crypt TV

30 Years, 30 Fears

Gorewood Forest

Seek and Destroy

Lights Camera Hacktion

I watched Marathon of Maybem but not Nightmare Fuel. Overall a great year, I enjoyed everything except for Beetlejuice. 

I hope there’s gonna be a closing ceremony tonight; I’d love to see all the icons (with also the inclusion of Eddie, Cindy, and the Terra Queen), Leatherface, Beetlejuice, The Bent-Neck Lady, and Frankenstein’s Monster and his Bride standing behind the front walkway of 30 Years, 30 Fears scarezone as the finale of this year’s event.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Halloween Horror Night 30 House Codenames. 

HHN: Icons Captured

This was codenamed “Pantry” as a reference to how Pantry’s have a variety of different items stored away other than the characters from previous years and Fear’s lantern.

Puppet Theatre: Captive Audience

This one was codenamed “Blender” that was probably referenced to it’s backstory. 

Beetlejuice

I have no idea why “Fridge” was it’s codename for some reason to be honest with y’all. 

The Bride of Frankenstein Lives

Codenamed as “Coffee” as a reference to the Monster’s reanimation from the dead, and drinking coffee makes you feel alive when you’re awake. 

The Haunting of Hill House

This one had another weird codename known as “Freezer.” 

Revenge of the Tooth Fairy 

That one was codenamed “Toaster” as a possible reference to a tooth loose and release out of the mouth. 

Welcome to (S)Carey: Home of the Heartland.

The codename of this house was “Sink.” Sounds like a Cleaver reference to me cause sinks are very common at Butcher shops, and the butchers always washed their hands a lot after touching raw meat. 

Case Files Unearthed: Legendary Truth

Weirdly known as “Boil.” I was expecting to be “Plup” or “Noir,” but those are easy guesses. 

The Wicked Growth: Realm of the Pumpkin

Also known as “Oven” as a reference to pumpkin pie and how the pumpkin grows out from the ground. 

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2021)

Codenamed as “Griddle” as a reference to what you use to cook meat on. 

All of them were literally kitchen-related codenames.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Our first speculation map is up now for Orlando and I like this roster for the most part. I love the inclusion of The Evil Dead and I’m digging the originals but the only one I’m not excited for is the Weeknd. But hey, it’s a speculation map so things could change a bit. 

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, same here. If it does happen, then Orlando might be going back to the Icon era and also embrace the IP’s at the same time. After that, I wanna see a good mix of not only newer characters as icons, but also past characters who never had chance officially like Eddie and Cindy. HR Bloodengutz is another character who proved himself to be icon material for the event’s future. 

• Love 1