Halloween Horror Nights 30 Discussion

Mark M.

1 minute ago, kablue said:

I heard there's going to be plexiglass in the houses.

It's more like vinyl strips (think freezer storage), from what we've heard/seen.  I've been away from social since yesterday afternoon to avoid any spoilers, so there may be more insight now that I'm unaware of.

• Like 1

I could see the vinyl strips working in TCM in terms of the house’s theme, since it’s possible we could have a freezer room inspired by the remake but in the original vide of the movie - but I just can’t picture how that could work in other houses other than for health and safety reasons. 

Edited by Fear2010
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Fear2010 said:

Welp, my mind had been changed last night; I’m going tomorrow and I’m in Orlando now after an eleven hour drive from my home.

Awesome, have fun! We'll be on the media tour tomorrow night, and general guests on Saturday! 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Fear2010 said:

Welp, my mind had been changed last night; I’m going tomorrow and I’m in Orlando now after an eleven hour drive from my home.

9 hours ago, Mark M. said:

Awesome, have fun! We'll be on the media tour tomorrow night, and general guests on Saturday! 

Have a Great time! I'll be going in October.

• Like 1

I already left Orlando yesterday after my trip for a few days including HHN, and was finally home at midnight. I really had a good time at the event and got to walkthrough all the houses and scarezones on opening night despite the heavy rain. The event’s return was a very welcoming experience for me. 

• Like 1

Got there for S&S on Friday. Rained out which sucked, left at 9:00pm only having done 1 house.

Took a long nap on Saturday and arrived at around 8:00pm and stuck around until 1:30am. Much better night.

Notes: Some scarezones seem a little, empty? Might just be precautions for covid. That said, if you haven't bought tickets, do so asap. They're clearly limiting capacity. Saturday was "sold out" by 9am but houses were in the range of 35-70 minutes all night, and attractions were all 5-20 minutes. It was actually really nice and I hope they keep capacity limited. Not only for covid precautions, but because it was nice to have some breathing room and not have to stand in line for 2 hours for most houses without an express pass.

A team member told me they were at capacity and were not limiting tickets at all, but I've seen truly sold out nights in the past 19 years and this was definitely not one of them.

• Like 1

Got a question for y’all: Since Lady Luck and Chance have their own totems in the facade of Icons, what do they now represent as the Heralds of Fear? We all know Jack is Chaos, the Caretaker is Death, the Director is Sacrifice, the Storyteller is Legends, and the Usher Is Vengeance. For Lady Luck, she’s easily about fate. Chance on the other hand is more difficult to think of another term for her to have of her own individually cause she probably shares with Jack to represent Chaos. Maybe she is Prospect? 

• 5 weeks later...
On 9/15/2021 at 3:58 AM, Fear2010 said:

Got a question for y’all: Since Lady Luck and Chance have their own totems in the facade of Icons, what do they now represent as the Heralds of Fear? We all know Jack is Chaos, the Caretaker is Death, the Director is Sacrifice, the Storyteller is Legends, and the Usher Is Vengeance. For Lady Luck, she’s easily about fate. Chance on the other hand is more difficult to think of another term for her to have of her own individually cause she probably shares with Jack to represent Chaos. Maybe she is Prospect? 

They confirmed in the Facebook livestream that Chance represents Madness.

• 2 weeks later...

Are we posting rankings anywhere, cause this deep into the event I’m ready to make mine official!

1. Wicked Growth

2. Icons

3. Hill House

4. Bride of Frankenstein Lives

5. Puppet Theater

6. Case Files

7. Tooth Fairy

8. Beetlejuice

9. SCarey

10. Texas Chainsaw

it’s a great year when 1-7 are all too notch houses and the other three aren’t that far behind. I had some doubts with the plexi/vinyl at the beginning but it has been a great year, probably only one more quick night for me! If anyone is still reading these, know that we appreciated all the effort from design and construction to Ops and performing, etc, it was such a catharsis to have such a great event after a long two years. Can’t wait to start speculating on next year!

• Like 1

As for the houses I had walked through on opening night, these are my top list from top to bottom.

1. Case Files Underneath: Legendary Truth
2. The Bride of Frankenstein Lives
3. HHN Icons Captured 
4. Texas Chainsaw Massacre 
5. The Wicked Growth: Realm of the Pumpkin
6. Puppet Theater: Captive Audience 
7. Revenge of the Truth Fairy 
8. The Haunting of Hill House
9. Beetlejuice 
10. Welcome to (S)Carey: Horror In The Heartland

Though, my “bottom-tier” houses never made it to my expectations, but none of them were bad this year. All of them were good to near-perfect to me.

Edited by Fear2010
  • Like 1

First night of two done. Here’s my house ranking from favourite to least favourite:

1. Icons Captured 

2. Case Files Unearthed

3. The Wicked Growth 

4. Revenge of the Tooth Fairy

5. Puppet Theatre 

6. Welcome to SCarey

7. Bride of Frankenstein 

8. Haunting of Hill House

9. Texas Chainsaw Massacre 

10. Beetlejuice

loved all of them except for Beetlejuice