Fox Brothers - Music - (My Band)

TsunamiFox

Introduction

Alright, well a lot of the members here on Nightmares are very talented artists, and a lot of them post their work in this "Creative Work" thread in topics dedicated to their art alone. Well, I am not an artist, but I do another form of art - music. With my band's first EP getting close to release (for free download) within the next couple of weeks, I thought I'd make a topic dedicated to our work, as we are only going to be making more music and albums form here on out. I hope you enjoy.

The Basic Information

The band name is Fox Brothers.

The "band," which is really a duo, consists of Dylan Forehand and myself, Samuel Capell. We started in March 2012 and have been busy at work ever since. We both play the instruments that constitute our music and we both contribute to the lyric-writing process as well. In our music you can find instruments such acoustic/electric guitar, ukulele, piano, percussion instruments (bells, glockenspiel, etc), drums, and a few other miscellaneous instruments. Though, singing is only in the hands of Dylan, and any piano or drum work is left in the hands of myself.

Our music is not one specific genre, we like to jump around. Dylan and I tend to write whatever we feel like, which means some songs can be jazz, pop, coffee house, classical, soft-rock, acoustic, electronic, etc. Though, a main "genre" that would classify us is indie. With that being said, our music is completely independent. We don't have any record company or labels to back our music up...it's just us and anyone we know who is willing to donate money.

The name Fox Brothers, is what Dylan and I consider ourselves. Two best male friends may often refer to themselves as "brothers," but Dylan and I both have a keen interest and love for the animal the fox, so we called ourselves Fox Brothers. A couple years later when we formed the band, we decided that Fox Brothers was the best and most fit name. Yeah, we're dorks.

Fox Brothers takes its roots and inspirations from a wide range of a lot of things in life. Sharpen that with a love for foxes and a slightly animistic appearance, and you have Fox Brothers.

I hope you enjoy the music.

Note: I have mentioned before that I am making HHN-fan music, but this is not that. My HHN music is on hiatus right now and will commence when I get everything together, which won't be for awhile.

THE EP

After a month shy of a year and a half of making music, we have now reached the point of finally releasing an album, which in this case is an EP (a smaller collection of songs, apposed to a full length album or LP). This EP is very special in that we got our lovely and talented friend to do the artwork for it, and we even received donations and funds from branch's of my mom's work. The EP has a very traditional 90's garage band drive for it...not in the sound of the music, but in the motivation behind it. We recorded/mixed/mastered the album in my bedroom. So, it's not going to be studio quality music, but it's all about making the music and getting it out there. Who cares if it has to be done in a "garage," it's all about the music. We do hope to get better equipment eventually by the time we make our LP, but music equipment is very expensive. But, we will eventually reach that.

Here is the promotional poster for the EP:

977974_231905376934197_187417651_o.jpg

The EP will hopefully be out in the next couple of weeks. Here is a song off of our EP entitled, The Strangest Times.

Note, it will be available for FREE DOWNLOAD!

That is as much as I have to share with you right now. I'll be sure to keep this thread updated about the EP and anything about Fox Brothers in general. If you want more current updates, follow and like our Facebook page (the link is provided below).

Some Songs Not on the EP

On the Shore of this Winter

The Ballad of Johnny's New York

Links:

Our Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/FoxBrothersMusic

Our YouTube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/FoxBrothersMusic

--------

Lastly, we do wear fox masks, but that is in no way an association with Halloween Horror Nights or attempting to be like or mimic the Traditionals/Skool Children. We just do it because we like it, and it keeps things evocative and may attract new listeners. We even had the idea of doing it before HHN 22, which is where I developed an obsession for those evil little brats.

Thanks for at least taking the time to read this, and if you didn't read it all the way through, at least you checked us out. That in its self is supporting independent music, more specifically, our independent music. :)

• Like 1

Alright, it's finally here! Fox Brother's first EP, Wake the Wolves, is avaiable now for free download at our website:

http://foxbrothers.bandcamp.com/

To get it for free when you buy it, just eneter 0 (zero) and you will then be able to download it. Thanks so much for even considering to listen. It means the world to tiny independent bands like us.

WaketheWolves_zps1c51472e.jpg

Artwork by Katie Beth Rohe.

We got our first critical review by a man named Shane Frasier. His review of the EP was extremely positive. I'm so happy that such kind words were said about my band's music. It's the greatest feeling in the world. Check the review out here: http://everythingsoundsthesametome.blogspot.com/2013/08/blitz-review-fox-brothers-wake-wolves.html

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good stuff!

You even have a song named after my cousin (Clyde Barrow of Bonnie and Clyde)

As a floundering singer/composer myself it's always great to see others put their work out there.

Great job! Keep it up! I think you've inspired me to go record something :)

• Like 2

Good stuff!

You even have a song named after my cousin (Clyde Barrow of Bonnie and Clyde)

As a floundering singer/composer myself it's always great to see others put their work out there.

Great job! Keep it up! I think you've inspired me to go record something :)

Wow! I was not expecting to come back and see that you saw this, JW. Haha.

Thanks so much for your kind words. It really means a lot! And to say that we inspired you...well, that's a whole other kind of awesome! :)

Let me know if you ever put something out there with your music, I'd love to hear it. Oh, and tell your cousin I sad hi. :lol: