The Walking Dead : No Safe Haven

JDW

• 2 weeks later...

While I am fine with seeing another WD house, I am legitimately upset that WD will be our only street experience. I thought I didn't like the street experience last year but I think this year might take the cake lol We will have to see how it goes.

• Like 2

This house will be very good but nobody will ever admit to it. The prison is going to be intense and the settings they will use will help set up some really great scares. I thought the "problem" with the house last year was that the settings from season one and two just weren't house material.

What is the speculation of exactly where this house will be in the park?

Parade building.

Edited by Coast

I really like the sounds of this:

At Universal Orlando, guests will enter the haunted house in Woodbury and head through the Prison for a "survivor's experience," Timon says. The theme park also decided that its "scare zones," the areas of the park where employees dressed up as "scaracters" will terrorize Halloween Horror Nights attendees, will be dedicated entirely to recreating iconic moments from "The Walking Dead" Season 1 and 2. The maze itself will feature some different scenes from the ones used at Hollywood, including the zombie gladiator arena from Season 3's midseason finale.

http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2013/07/the-walking-dead-season-3-coming-to-universal-halloween-horror-nights.html

I hope they can use some of the elements that were used at ComicCon this year. They had a room set up with the heads floating and Penny locked up. Also the prison with guard towers. I am PUMPED for the possibilities they can do with this house.

• Like 2

I hope they can use some of the elements that were used at ComicCon this year. They had a room set up with the heads floating and Penny locked up. Also the prison with guard towers. I am PUMPED for the possibilities they can do with this house.

that's the only thing I want tos see. the Guard Towers.

I am really looking forward to this house. They have so much material to work with and the setting of the prison and Woodbury are much more intriguing than the locations used in the first two seasons. This will definitely be an intense house.

I also think that the street experience regarding TWD will be creatively done. I am excited to walk through Atlanta, venture to Hershel's barn, and through the woods on the way to the prison and Woodbury. There will be other street experiences and scarezones, and I hope they can create a fully immersive experience with these other ideas. The Collective will fit in easily, but what about the rest?

Two things are going to determine the success of TWD this year. First, AMC has to back off! They need to let Universal do what they do best - create an atmosfear that encompasses their story. TWD is only a PART of the event and I hope it doesn't take over every little aspect as it did last year as this would diminish the importance of other IPs and original concepts. So, bottom line . . . execution. Secondly, characters from the three seasons need to be represented. The absence of characters from last year's house was disappointing and hopefully AMC has learned their lesson. Although they still raked in the money, the feedback regarding only using walkers (even though character props and "Zombie Sophia" were placed in the house) allows them to be more flexible with Universal's (and the fans) requests.

• Like 3

I am looking forward to this as well. They never made a "woods" room or a "camp" room last year, so one of my hopes is that we get those.

But, besides that the location alone makes me really happy about it. The house will always be dark (no sunlight) and they can build the rooms better than they did last year.

I personally love the walking dead. I'm fine with them bringing it back this year as I feel the whole idea of the prison is more well served for a haunt than key moments from season's 1 & 2. Second I'm pretty stoked it'll be built in a better location. What I am hoping is some sort of facade this time for the parade building. I was originally thinking how awesome it could be to have the prison facade outside the front building with the towers and carnage in all but if from the sounds of it you'll start in woodbury which doesn't really lend a whole lot of options for a facade unless they built up the giant fortress like entry way with all the debry giant trucks and gates and have live actors out on top (scoping for walkers) at this point I'd just love to see something outside or in the building as a facade. They haven't had one in this location since scary tales 3 in 08 I believe.

Overall being a huge haunted house buff facades to an attraction are pretty near and dear to me I hope there are some spectacular ones for all the houses this year :-D

• Like 1

Yeah I am agreeing with what is being said. A lot had to do last year with the location of TWD Dead Inside. This years house I have a feeling will be a hell of a lot better due to it being in a different location. ie Bigger, Darker, etc...Can't wait to see the difference. :zombie2: :zombie2: :zombie2:

I was just discussing the difference between the location of last years house and this years. I think the difference will b night n day. I can't wait to see the way they use lighting and the amount of detail they go into.

Edited by LuitaChris

Haha I honestly didn't intend on that at all. In my opinion, a lot of the weakest houses I have been through have been in the Disaster queue. I have loved almost every house that has been put in the parade building... The Foresaken was awesome, House of Horrors last year was pretty strong, hallow'd past and Silver Screams were both pretty good.

• Like 2

I was not a big fan of TWD house last year. I went through it twice, during the day and at night. All I saw was zombies standing around and not making any attempt to scare you (but from what I head AMC had a lot to do with that), and the whole house had no real flow to it. They just crammed scenes from the first two seasons into it, and they didn't really fit well together. They would have done better to stick with one or two areas from the show to focus on, like the hospital and maybe downtown Atlanta. Or the Hershel's farmhouse and barn, etc. But anyways... I was kinda bummed to hear they are doing another one, but if they singed a contract with AMC, then it would make sense to do it now while it is still in effect. I have a little more hope for this years house, being inside the parade area will be a big improvement. I hope they throw a few survivors in the Woodbury area, fighting off zombies (like in The Thing house). Of course if AMC wants to to stick to the show, that wouldn't make much sense since Woodbury was never really overrun with zombies. And for the street experience, if they actually dress up parts of the park to look like scenes for the show, then it might be kinda interesting. But if their idea is to put out the same old school bus and station wagon and a few barrels with fog coming out of them, then I will be disappointed. And I am more worried that AMC will slap a whole lot of restrictions on the scareactors playing the Walkers. I heard they were quite detailed on what they couldn't do last year, mostly getting too close to guests and reaching for them. I guess I will wait and see what they have planned. Ether way it will be a good time, there is always something I love about HHN every year.

• Like 1

I was not a big fan of TWD house last year. I went through it twice, during the day and at night. All I saw was zombies standing around and not making any attempt to scare you (but from what I head AMC had a lot to do with that), and the whole house had no real flow to it. They just crammed scenes from the first two seasons into it, and they didn't really fit well together. They would have done better to stick with one or two areas from the show to focus on, like the hospital and maybe downtown Atlanta. Or the Hershel's farmhouse and barn, etc. But anyways... I was kinda bummed to hear they are doing another one, but if they singed a contract with AMC, then it would make sense to do it now while it is still in effect. I have a little more hope for this years house, being inside the parade area will be a big improvement. I hope they throw a few survivors in the Woodbury area, fighting off zombies (like in The Thing house). Of course if AMC wants to to stick to the show, that wouldn't make much sense since Woodbury was never really overrun with zombies. And for the street experience, if they actually dress up parts of the park to look like scenes for the show, then it might be kinda interesting. But if their idea is to put out the same old school bus and station wagon and a few barrels with fog coming out of them, then I will be disappointed. And I am more worried that AMC will slap a whole lot of restrictions on the scareactors playing the Walkers. I heard they were quite detailed on what they couldn't do last year, mostly getting too close to guests and reaching for them. I guess I will wait and see what they have planned. Ether way it will be a good time, there is always something I love about HHN every year.

I was a walker in Hollywoods event last year and we weren't given any limitations in terms of how intense our scares could be. Yes, we couldn't talk obviously and couldn't run, but we could lunge at guests very intensely, etc... So I really doubt AMC would be limiting what Orlando's actors could do if we weren't given any restrictions here in Hollywood.

• Like 1

• Mark M. changed the title to The Walking Dead : No Safe Haven
  • Mark M. unpinned this topic