American Werewolf in London

JDW

why is there nothing happening after the first room? it is all just dark, it kind of looked like something was supposed to happen, the werewolf attacking Davin and Jack

But it is all just dark and nothing is going on

I thought maybe in that room something must've been malfunctioning or the scare actors had to leave or something because when I went through it I thought the same thing but there was definitely a sound and lighting que for something to happen but nothing was there. So I just assumed something was supposed to be there that wasn't.

yes, you missed something. must have had a shift change going on or tech malfunction, or a combination of both. my first trip through the house it worked perfectly, the second time nothing happened there either. hopefully they get that ironed out because it's a great part of the house.

I thought maybe in that room something must've been malfunctioning or the scare actors had to leave or something because when I went through it I thought the same thing but there was definitely a sound and lighting que for something to happen but nothing was there. So I just assumed something was supposed to be there that wasn't.

There's a Jack in there getting attacked by the werewolf, with a full size puppet on top of him that he controls. During the preview, the puppet suffered several problems and guests kept slapping our actor after mistaking him for a dummy, so they pulled him out while they fixed it. Yesterday he was finally in, but someone who shall remain unidentified caused a toe to fall off and a leg to break, and a guest put his head through the scrim they set up to protect him.

There's a Jack in there getting attacked by the werewolf, with a full size puppet on top of him that he controls. During the preview, the puppet suffered several problems and guests kept slapping our actor after mistaking him for a dummy, so they pulled him out while they fixed it. Yesterday he was finally in, but someone who shall remain unidentified caused a toe to fall off and a leg to break, and a guest put his head

through the scrim they set up to protect him.

I wonder if it is having so many problems and things breaking, I wonder if we will be able to see it the way it was intended or if that room will remain dark for the rest of the event.

I am still a little worried that the other puppets might get broken by guests. I Love the werewolves but they are too close to the guests and there is nothing to protect the puppets from the hands of a drunk guest....lol

Edited by LV-426

The same actor had more problems today. As before, any people shall remain unidentified.

One consistent problem with the house is that the triggers tend to falter and stop working at random times. It's not a problem for the Nazis, as they can always pop out of their hole, but anyone with a long sound effect (including him) suffers, and he can't exactly get any scares without his trigger.

• Like 1

Scariest, Fucking, House. Ever. Holy shit, the wolves in this house are AMAZING. i felt like i was in the movie both nights i went. Lol

Also, on Saturday night(sept 21) there was a wolf at the end of the house that literally flew at me and caused me to scream like a girl and haul ass out of that house. If the scareactor, who scared me(Kid with a spiderman shirt, and jack skellington beanie) and is reading this, thank you for the nightmares.<3

XD
House of the year in my opinion.

Well the puppet on jack was working last night, but the Nazi werewolfs were missing their masks in one room.

They still got a good scare on me, especially the one with the knife from the closet.

I really hope I can get to watch the werewolf attack, even if it is once.

Guest kiwisoup

I saw a walkthrough of the puppet attacking jack, but...it looked more like he was just holding it and moving it around rather than puppeting it...also, what's the deal with the Nazi creatures in the dream sequence wearing straight makeup? It just doesn't make any sense why they make a mask and then don't use any in the main scene they are featured. I'm really let down because this was the scene I was most looking forward to.

I saw a walkthrough of the puppet attacking jack, but...it looked more like he was just holding it and moving it around rather than puppeting it...also, what's the deal with the Nazi creatures in the dream sequence wearing straight makeup? It just doesn't make any sense why they make a mask and then don't use any in the main scene they are featured. I'm really let down because this was the scene I was most looking forward to.

Most likely the actors didn't fit them well or they couldn't breathe in them. My experience with Universal, they tend to make their masks/prosthetics on the small side, some with inadequate breathing holes.

Edited by giant4203

Guest kiwisoup

The masks actually just haven't come in yet for the nazi's.

but there is one actor with the mask

in the hospital room

, that's why I'm kinda confused by it...

They actually switched the moors Jack with the first decaying Jack on my cast to try and see if a smaller person works with the werewolf better. Fortunately, my new decaying Jack and I became fast friends during rehearsals and preview and we both enjoy working in the same room.

I have to say, I really struck gold with my cast. We all work together well and we're pretty much all friends by this point.

• Like 2