American Werewolf in London

JDW

Never been a big fan of the Blue Moon song. Now if they'd played Bad Moon Rising... :)

Hope you got your thing together.

Hope you are quite prepared to die.

Well, there's really nowhere to use it unless they blare it into the queue line.

Because I overstrained some muscles from my repetitive motion last night, they decided to temporarily shift me to the cast B Nazi with the knife in the living room. So if anyone came through on A yesterday and never saw me, that's where I was.

Let me start this off by saying that I watched the movie before flying down to Orlando, and while I thought it was pretty good, I didn't understand the cult following it had and my excitement for this house just wasn't there.

This house was flawless from start to finish. There was seriously not one damn thing wrong in here. We were told on the Unmasking tour that A&D has tried numerous times to bring the movie to life and how it was shot down each time by John Landis. You could tell that they really perfected it this time. From the Slaughtered Lamb beginning, complete with the audio from that actual scene in the movie ("Hey! What's that star on the wall for?!" "You... made me MISS!"), to the Blue Moon ending, phenomenal the whole way through. It was legit stepping into the film, as the rooms were very well done in sequence with no awkward transitioning whatsoever.Those wolves were terrifying and it impressed me how quickly they were able to reset.. maybe 2, 3 seconds and they were roaring again. The sets were incredibly detailed, the scares were there and they were very well done (the trick door that opens backwards in the living room was pretty brilliant and major props to the girls working the bus scare.. I screamed because I could not believe how far they lunged out of that window. They have to have some really ugly bruises at this point). This just might be my favorite house that I have been through.. I just can't remember enough of Winter's Night to knock it off of that top spot so we'll just call it a tie I guess.

Edited by Coast

This house was flawless from start to finish. There was seriously not one damn thing wrong in here. We were told on the Unmasking tour that A&D has tried numerous times to bring the movie to life and how it was shot down each time by John Landis. You could tell that they really perfected it this time. From the Slaughtered Lamb beginning, complete with the audio from that actual scene in the movie ("Hey! What's that star on the wall for?!" "You... made me MISS!"), to the Blue Moon ending, phenomenal the whole way through. It was legit stepping into the film, as the rooms were very well done in sequence with no awkward transitioning whatsoever.Those wolves were terrifying and it impressed me how quickly they were able to reset.. maybe 2, 3 seconds and they were roaring again. The sets were incredibly detailed, the scares were there and they were very well done (the trick door that opens backwards in the living room was pretty brilliant and major props to the girls working the bus scare.. I screamed because I could not believe how far they lunged out of that window. They have to have some really ugly bruises at this point). This just might be my favorite house that I have been through.. I just can't remember enough of Winter's Night to knock it off of that top spot so we'll just call it a tie I guess.

Absolutely was NOT flawless from start to finish. You are kidding me if you would even pretend to say that.

I wonder if it is having so many problems and things breaking, I wonder if we will be able to see it the way it was intended or if that room will remain dark for the rest of the event.

I am still a little worried that the other puppets might get broken by guests. I Love the werewolves but they are too close to the guests and there is nothing to protect the puppets from the hands of a drunk guest....lol

speaking of drunk guests... this is the first year I REALLY noticed drunks acting like fools. Funniest one was some chick telling everyone going into the Bill and Ted show "If anyone pushes me I am going to punch you in the face! I don't care who you are!" She apparently was a tough 5' 200# little mama! LOL In a couple houses I had drunks behind me and they got on my nerves real quick. Luckily they didnt ruin this house for me.

major props to the girls working the bus scare.. I screamed because I could not believe how far they lunged out of that window. They have to have some really ugly bruises at this point).

They do, actually. Our A victim is especially energetic and has been bruised basically since rehearsals, but she shows no signs of stopping. She was only replaced this weekend temporarily due to surgery keeping her from performing safely.

• Like 2

Lovely house. Those puppets are pretty scary. Was there ever an actor in the first room though? It seemed like there was but when I went there there wasnt one.

The Slaughtered Lamb has never had an actor in it, nor have there been plans to add one.

Edited by Cody

Even if the house was empty you will see exactly where the werewolves are before they lunge. How can you seriously not think that's not a design flaw?

You can see exactly two werewolves before their lunge. The one in the moors is hidden in the darkness so much that it's almost impossible to see unless you're specifically staring straight at it to look for it (in which case you already knew it was there and how well it's hidden wouldn't matter) and the one in the theater is hidden until you're standing directly next to it. You can also barely see the wolf attacking Jack unless the actor hits his trigger for the strobes. For the alleyway wolf, you're only a few feet from standing in front of it when you can actually see it.

So out of all of the werewolves in the house, there's exactly one (the subway) where you can see it from the time you enter the room.

• Like 4

Even if the house was empty you will see exactly where the werewolves are before they lunge. How can you seriously not think that's not a design flaw?

it is not a design flaw. This house is perfect as it is.

Everyone is enjoyin this house and you are the only one trashing it, in this case you are going to have to accept that you are just wrong... I think from all the people going into this house you might be the only one that hates it so much... Seriously I have not heard anyone else anywhere hating on this as much as you are.

you might be only person that went to this house that is hating is as much. I honestly have not seen another person hate this house the way you are.

Edited by LV-426

You can see exactly two werewolves before their lunge. The one in the moors is hidden in the darkness so much that it's almost impossible to see unless you're specifically staring straight at it to look for it (in which case you already knew it was there and how well it's hidden wouldn't matter) and the one in the theater is hidden until you're standing directly next to it. You can also barely see the wolf attacking Jack unless the actor hits his trigger for the strobes. For the alleyway wolf, you're only a few feet from standing in front of it when you can actually see it.

So out of all of the werewolves in the house, there's exactly one (the subway) where you can see it from the time you enter the room.

The moors is extremely visible if you have decent eyes - moreover, how constant the lights went off made you fully aware of where it was. The movie theater basically didn't move comparatively and was a non-threat. The subway is flawed (so, not a 10/10 house), and the alleyway wolf is VERY common sense it'll appear there because the rest of the alley (assuming the cop doesn't pop out to shoot the werewolf that is going off) has nothing in it and the wolf, in the story and house, was not taken care of yet.

The moors is extremely visible if you have decent eyes - moreover, how constant the lights went off made you fully aware of where it was. The movie theater basically didn't move comparatively and was a non-threat. The subway is flawed (so, not a 10/10 house), and the alleyway wolf is VERY common sense it'll appear there because the rest of the alley (assuming the cop doesn't pop out to shoot the werewolf that is going off) has nothing in it and the wolf, in the story and house, was not taken care of yet.

You're just finding all the imperfections and greatly exaggerating them. I cant imagine how this house could not be a 10/10 in comparison to previous houses. I can't recall a house that had less imperfections than AWIL.

• Like 2

I love this house, but. to be fair, if you happen to go during cast change or something, and you miss all the scares it would be pretty sad if you were only just going once to the event. Today I (and the people around me) missed most of the puppets and the actors. I did it again, but the people behind me didn't really get to see the wolf except in the theater and at the end.

• 2 weeks later...

well I must say I do not understand the need to pick the house apart. I for one feel this is the best house I have ever seen at HHN, Now I am sure there are those that will have other houses in mind that have been attending longer than I as my first year was 2007. And timing is a factor for everyone so for myself I always go multiple times over many nights to experience the houses at different times and with both casts. And i especially like to look at all the detail A&D has put into a house. So I enjoyed how this house flowed from scene to scene and room to room like the film with such great detail.

• Like 1

• Mark M. changed the title to American Werewolf in London
  • Mark M. unpinned this topic