Urban Legends: La Llorona

JDW

I really like this house but I am pretty sad that we didn't get any of the puppets from the Hollywood house. I was really looking forward to seeing some of those.
Maybe those puppet things don't go with the story the house is telling but I really wanted to see those props in person.

Still, a great house. I liked it more than Resident Evil and Havoc actually. it is pretty neat.

Guest kiwisoup

I really like this house but I am pretty sad that we didn't get any of the puppets from the Hollywood house. I was really looking forward to seeing some of those.

Maybe those puppet things don't go with the story the house is telling but I really wanted to see those props in person.

Still, a great house. I liked it more than Resident Evil and Havoc actually. it is pretty neat.

Hollywood and Orlando may share IPs or concepts, but just like Alice Cooper last year, Orlando gives their own take on it and Hollywood doesn't send any of their props over here from what I've seen.

Hollywood and Orlando may share IPs or concepts, but just like Alice Cooper last year, Orlando gives their own take on it and Hollywood doesn't send any of their props over here from what I've seen.

I knew Orlando probably wouldn't get the same props, but i thought at least they were going to make props like in Hollywood. new props or something?

I don't know, maybe i am just being naive...

• 3 weeks later...

I thoroughly enjoyed this house but not because of the scares. The sets and overall vibe of the house were spot on but the scares were so typical and pretty much predictable. Also, the last "scene" in the house right before you exit was rather lame. I was hoping for the giant Llorona puppet, and I understand that they probably wanted to stay away from doing what Hollywood did but the final in our house was like a golden opportunity for it.

I thoroughly enjoyed this house but not because of the scares. The sets and overall vibe of the house were spot on but the scares were so typical and pretty much predictable. Also, the last "scene" in the house right before you exit was rather lame. I was hoping for the giant Llorona puppet, and I understand that they probably wanted to stay away from doing what Hollywood did but the final in our house was like a golden opportunity for it.

those puppets were the only reason I wanted to see La Llorona come to Orlando, without them, the house lost my interest honestly. I still like the house, and I got scared here a lot. But It was disappointing.

But funnily enough, the last room is my favorite part of the house, Those horse costumes are my favorite part of the house, I dont know why, I just love them. I love seeing those horse costumes the most.

Edited by LV-426

Boo getting houses from Hollywood!

Boo our houses aren't the same as Hollywood's!

i know they don't have to be, but they could have at least bring the props.

And, what is the point of doing a Hollywood house in Orlando if you are not even going to do the best parts of that house? they might as well have done a "Mama" house for Orlando, there would be absolutely no difference.

They could have easily made that house like the movie and it would have been fine. Like, it didn't even need the name Llorona since it's so generic

Because Mama was filled with Hispanic and religious imagery.

I just find that particular complaint ironic. Orlando felt that the story lent itself well to a new potential series of houses (Urban Legends). While the modern-day attacks are visually interesting, that's not the story Orlando wanted to tell.

well.... Obviously they would change the hispanic part lol.....duh.

I don't know, I don't even hate the house, but I don't really go in it too often. The house was okay but I rather be doing other houses. Nothing special about this one, But that doesn't mean I am saying it is a bad house. Or that the actors are doing a bad job. Just nothing about this house (except for the ending) Was special for me. It kind of disappoint me a little knowing what they did for Hollywood. I wasn't expecting and exact same layout but I didn't expect it to feel so generic either.

I had a really nice time going through this house on opening weekend, but since then it has been awful. I've been through it at least 4 more times and have either had an empty house (cast change maybe?) or bad timing every time. The sets are nice to look at but without actors in them, or actors just standing back in their hidey holes, it's kind of bleh. The last time there weren't even any horse mask actors (towards the end).

And the finale scene...yeah...I kinda feel bad for whomever has to play that role.

I love love love this house! It just gives me everything I want in an HHN house. I know some were disappointed in the lack of Hollywood puppets but I personally am glad of the withdrawal of them and the actors are always on point! When we get to the underwater part in the white tunnel and the blue part the actors always come to get me and it is great. Sorry I love AWiL but this to me is my HOTY, which Cabin in second and AWIL in third and it pains me to say that but that is the way it is for me right now.

• Like 1

Fair enough cause no one can deny the amazing facade and some of the rooms. But true about the recycled props, like one of the statues in there was from Gothic last year and that is all I can see when I walk by it is think. "Hey! That was from Gothic!"

• Like 1

I really enjoyed this house. For me it got scariest house of the night, not only was it creepy, depressing, and eerily quiet in some scenes, it was flat out terrifying. La Llorona in the mirror room scared me and my friend so bad that we ran out of that room. Props to everyone in this house.

Apparently on the final night, three very small Hispanic men went through the house. They bowed and made the sign of the cross at the candles in the first room past the facade and spent most of the house screaming and hugging each other, and left basically at full sprint.

I think they were familiar with the legend.

• Like 3

• Mark M. changed the title to Urban Legends: La Llorona
  • Mark M. unpinned this topic