Urban Legends: La Llorona

JDW

I'm excited about seeing the contrast of the beautiful set design for this maze against the grotesque (in a good way!) masks. I feel like this will be reminiscent of Gothic that was beautiful to look at, but also managed to have a few great scares. I think this is going to be one of the more surprising houses of the event.

I second, third, and fourth that . . . this is a tent house? Who would have ever guessed by looking at that amazing façade. I don't like too many spoilers inside the houses before I attend, but I do enjoy looking at outside construction and facades. I'll agree - this is truly impressive. And the comment about Catacombs and Forsaken having a baby - too true! :lol:

That is a beautiful facade! Is it me or do the houses this year seem to be all very well done? I'm not saying that past years they haven't been but this is the first time in a few years where all the houses seem so strong going into the event.

It's not just you. I'm getting the same vibe this year and I'm really looking forward to all the houses and streets. Something I can't really say for all the previous years I've been. My anticipation and excitement is so high this year that I'm afraid I'm setting myself up for disappointment! :leatherface:

Very consistent house scare-wise, and it is absolutely gorgeous to look at.

I have a problem with some of the masks though. The mask that covers the top half of the actors face but not the bottom does not look good at all, and it appears multiple times throughout the house. It almost looks like a mardi-gras mask or something haha. I've been noticing this same trend with a lot of the masks this year.

Many of them look like bottom shelf Spirit store quality masks, and in set pieces this nice, they really stick out in a negative way. I understand the necessity for the masks, but just wish a little more time were spent on upping the quality of said masks. Sorry to nit-pick, but the cheesy masks destroy the immersion that the rest of the houses/streets are creating.

The decrepit horse mask in this house actually looks really cool though

• Mark M. changed the title to Urban Legends: La Llorona
  • Mark M. unpinned this topic