Urban Legends: La Llorona

JDW

9207_wallpapers_2560x1440_LL.thumb.jpg.5360adb4e48464bc3b47649aef00d5f9.jpg

Her legend is one of tragedy…of murder. To hear her mournful cries sends chills down your spine colder than the murky, watery depths she drowned her victims within. Forced to eternally walk the earth, she seeks others to share her pain and suffering – now and forever…

Guests will come face to face with the 500-year old legend that has haunted millions of people in Latin America for generations, as the popular Mexican legend La Llorona comes to life as a haunted house at Universal Orlando Resort's Halloween Horror Nights 23.

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...

Well, seeing as the art is the same. I'm guessing the house will be very similar to Hollywood. I've heard of similar elements already.

Actually don't even mind this... ONCE.

Yeah I've watched both walk throughs and hope Hollywood lets Orlando borrow the props. Not sure how they'll pull off the water/visual effects with this being in a tent but it worked with animatronics in The Thing, so I'm sure it'll be really cool.

If they are doing the dead kids in the water scene, I wouldn't be surprised to see some mother complain and the bodies in the water pulled a few weeks into the event. Lame, but it happens especially with the Casey Anthony case still on peoples minds.

I wonder if they'll build a facade similar to Hollywoods?

I do think it's lame they used the same artwork and stock footage to promote this house though.

• Like 1

Aiello said on Twitter that (as i suspected) they entitled it "Urban Legends: La Llorona" so that they could maybe do another urban legend house in another year with that title, which i wouldn't mind.

This house has the potential to be awesome i think. Both of Hollywood's looked excellent and it's really an original house for us so it could be amazing. Looking forward to the water effects. The one scene i really want from Hollywood is the giant head eating a victim. That's just awesome.

• Like 2

Maybe they'll do Bloody Mary the right way one day. This could be really awesome if it's anything like Hollywood's house. I hope they don't hold back, though. The dead kids in the water was a pretty neat scene in the Hollywood version. We'll have to wait and see.

There will HAVE to be some issues with children and there will likely be complaints... but you can't do the myth without them - I mean, the reason she exists is because she drowned her kids (and herself) and subsequently tries to steal/eat OTHER kids to bluff her way into heaven. Can't really avoid children here.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah it looks amazing. Ever since it was leaked I was excited to see what Orlando would do with it, and it looks like my excitement was well founded.

(BTW that wasn't an insult towards Florida, plenty of people over here were/are complaining that Universal is/was
"pandering.")

Edited by ferox
  • Like 1