Resident Evil: Escape from Raccoon City

JDW

I'm really confused why Universal has done a 180 on video taping in the house.

Don't get me wrong I like seeing them later (That is why i want a DVD of the years event sold).

But geeze if someone watches all the complete walk throughs why bother going if you were one the fence? also people who atre trying to avoid things getting spoiled.. all this leaking of the houses makes it very hard for them.

It takes all the surprise out of it. Now a few years back they allowed people to tape the house and did a short complilation with a few highlights from each house. That makes sense. It wets the appitite without giving you the whole meal for free.

Don't get me wrong I like seeing them later (That is why i want a DVD of the years event sold).

But geeze if someone watches all the complete walk throughs why bother going if you were one the fence? also people who atre trying to avoid things getting spoiled.. all this leaking of the houses makes it very hard for them.

It takes all the surprise out of it. Now a few years back they allowed people to tape the house and did a short complilation with a few highlights from each house. That makes sense. It wets the appitite without giving you the whole meal for free.

I am actually glad about the videos. I say this because some of my favorite houses (like in 2007) I barely remember anything at all. I have no memory of Texas Chainsaw besides the facade, yet I did that house like 40 times.

I would have loved to seen videos of that year. I know these videos spoil everything, that sucks for people that want to be surprised I can totally agree with that.

But I am really happy about the recordings. I mean.... I guess it comes down to will power. if someone doesn't want to be spoiled they don't have to click on it

This is related to the videotaping and remembering houses. I'm trying to find videos walkthroughs of the in between and nightingales but I can't find them at all. Are there any videos for them?

I don't know, I don't remember. If there are I would love to see them. But I don't think I ever saw any.

They actually held a youtube night (which was surprising), and allowed it only then...but yeah the damage is done for those who want to see all of the houses. I'm resisting watching any others besides TWD and Resident Evil, and won't even revisit those until after I've attended. Also from what I've heard, all filming is prohibited for the rest of the event in the houses.

I agree, the surprise is definitely out of it even by reading reviews from those who attended but I'm still excited to go. I also think there are videos of the 2007 houses if you look for them. I know for sure there are of Dreamwalkers & Dead Silence.

On one hand I don't like the videos being there since I haven't attended yet, but on the other hand I watched all of Hollywoods because I can't attend and am glad they allowed filming of everything. So people in Hollywood and outside of Florida who can't make it yet hear about the event through the media probably love it.

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 1

well... Like I said, if I don't want to be spoiled I don't watch it.

I have not done Evil Dead yet, or Afterlife. And I am not looking to see those videos. I had almost a week to watch them. But I never tried.

I saw Walking Dead because I didn't care about that. But I would not have watched an American Werewolf video if they had released one because I knew that house was going to be special.

I Understand the videos spoil everything, but I guess it's all about how much self control you can have. And like you said, people that cannot come to the event can at least take a look

And that to me is amazing from Universal. I really appreciate them for letting people record. Now we can have something to remind us.

I only wish they allowed videos earlier.... :(

(As for 2007, yeah I saw the dreamwalkers video they did for the news, but I wish there was a night vision walk through for texas and Friday the 13th.

Edited by LV-426
  • Like 1

A movie isn't 360... and a video is going to point where your eyes will typically go anyway.

IDK to each his own I guess. Just seems to get harder and harder to not spoil the event with the number of sactioned interior shots and all the walkthroughs. (Granted it deters people from wanting to sneak in which is good.) Me personally I horde anything I can get on it.. but I don't complain about the scare factor either. Even so I go offline after EP bc i don't want too muchruined in the day between when I go.

It's a double-edged sword though you want to see but then you do and you see the scare, set, and atmosphere in probably the least flattering light. So then you start developing pre-concieved notions about the house and any surprise is completely ruined. Part of the scare factor, to me at least, is not knowing what to expect. Going into to it as unknown territory puts you off center.

So yes, on one had I see what you are saying. If you don't want it spoiled don't watch it. But... people have a hard time with that and will probably watch it anyway and then complain that it isn't scary when they go.... Which ultimately may come back to bite Universal... who knows.

Just one year I would love to see zero info come out early. No leaks, no media previews, no information other than the house names and a theme. I'd be curious to see if that helps with the scare factor that people are always complaining about. It would drive us insane with lack of info. But they could build the stories like they used. Tease but not give it away.

I was actually one of the people apart of the YouTube meetup. We were allowed to film only if we didn't use external lighting. This is the second year now that we have been allowed to film all the houses. Most of us had GoPro's so it didn't really turn out. :/

• Like 1

Okay... so I heard a rumor (whilst accidently eavesdropping after AWiL.) I heard that you, the turist, could act like a character in the game (acting sneaky, and using fingers as guns ect) and the actors act back with you.

I doubt it... but I just wanted to check to see if this was valid in any way.

Edited by _Veritas_
  • Like 1

Okay... so I heard a rumor (whilst accidently eavesdropping after AWiL.) I heard that you, the turist, could as like a character in the game (acting sneaky, and using fingers as guns ect) and the actors act back with you.

I doubt it... but I just wanted to check to see if this was valid in any way. If so... then the house merit just went up for me.

LOL you run the risk of looking nuts :lol:

Okay... so I heard a rumor (whilst accidently eavesdropping after AWiL.) I heard that you, the turist, could as like a character in the game (acting sneaky, and using fingers as guns ect) and the actors act back with you.

I doubt it... but I just wanted to check to see if this was valid in any way. If so... then the house merit just went up for me.

This is actually something that a lot of the people walking through Resident Evil have been doing since Employee Preview. If you talk to any of the scareactors in the house the majority of them will tell you they dislike this a lot. It makes a lot of them feel very uncomfortable. They get that their are a lot of fans of the game who are excited abut being able to live out their dream of walking through Racoon city but at the same time, in a dark setting where a lot of guest are already drunk or aggressive towards the scareactors having a random person come through acting like they have a gun and are trying to shoot them does not really make for a fun time.

I would not recommend it. It's a good way to get the scareactors to ignore or avoid you.

• Like 2

Definitly 100% wrong! I work in that house and nobody has ever mentioned that. Just like strangeoneout said. We get people doing that all the time and we just ignore them.

• Like 1

Okay, thanks guys. I just wanted to be sure, before I start dickin around like that. it seemed like a rather odd thing to do, plus I would think it runs the risk of causing a backup in the house or something.

Edited by _Veritas_

I think it is funny how I used to be worried this house would be based on the movies. But now I think, it wouldn't make much difference if they did the house based more on the movies or not.
We could have had a cool Alice character in the house if they did it movie based lol

I'm one of those that actually enjoy the movies, so I would have been fine either way. I'm just glad that finally resident evil has made it to HHN. I have some nit picks about certain choices that were made, but it's a fun house overall.

• Like 1

Anyone know why this house is always the least packed? I havent seen it go over 30 minutes. WHich sucks cuz its a good house, way better than silent hill was last year, and Silent hill had 60+++ minute waits.

I think It is a combination of things. 1) It is based on a 13-year old video game, 2) It is a fairly short house, 3) The sets are not all that interesting to someone not familiar with the games, 4) It is completely overshadowed by the houses based on more current/popular IPs (CITW, ED, WD, and AWIL)

• Like 1