Resident Evil: Escape from Raccoon City

JDW

I think the chances that Resident Evil will be good are much better. I think the fact that Orlando used such a heavy influence from the movies hurt them in the end. Resident Evil is sticking to the games, so that's one for RE. Also, Silent Hill has that abandoned run-down look that I feel they just used as an excuse to try and do it quick and sloppy with a lower-budget. I just feel like they didn't "get" Silent Hill and it came across in their design. They won't be able to cut corners with Resident Evil quite as much, but I could be wrong. Hopefully the Nemesis pops up a few times unlike Pyramid Head where they only had him once walking in circles. Too many static characters in SH last year...

To me it felt like Silent Hill could have worked if it was a ride for some reason.

It felt like it could have worked if you were supposed to be seating in a car and have things coming at you. But as a house for me it was a failure and the way they handle Pyramid head was kind of a failure as well.

The house was just awful in that aspect. (The costumes were great, the actors were great, the sets were okay, but the layout and the placement of the nurses and Pyramid head was awful. )

Plus the house was basically made from the movie. Everything in the house was closer to the movie. Silent Hill is one house I didn't understand. I didn't understand.

I am really hoping Nemesis appears at least 3 times. That is my only hope I have.

Edited by LV-426

Well Silent hill relied on implied terror and jungian archetypes... not to mention the movies didn't get it... at all. So using the movies was doomed to fail. Still it would have been 100 times better if they would have simply dimmed the lights.

On the flip side, there isn't much to get about Resident Evil. It's a virus, an evil corporation that spreads it, and the people who fight both. It's clear cut and doesn't really need any interpretation.

• Like 1

I'm curious about which monster we will see. I know the press release says Hunters, nemesis, lickers, Cerberus, and zombies. But are there any other possible monsters? Haven't played old RE games in years

I wonder what monsters did the Japan RE house had, we are basically, probably getting what they are getting.

maybe, maybe not, specially if they Use Lickers more than once. Plus the zombies. I am glad we are getting monsters,

I kinda wish we got one of these:

ResidentEvil2Monster.jpg

Edited by LV-426

Guest kiwisoup

I wonder what monsters did the Japan RE house had, we are basically, probably getting what they are getting.

maybe, maybe not, specially if they Use Lickers more than once. Plus the zombies. I am glad we are getting monsters,

I kinda wish we got one of these:

ResidentEvil2Monster.jpg

From what I read, their house was based in an Umbrella facility, and while I'm sure they will include an Umbrella facility or probably a lab...I think they will have a much more varied approach. Also, in Japan the dog costumes were actual costumes where they walked on all fours and not puppets...they looked kinda silly. I don't really think there's many other creatures that weren't already named. There's Mr. X which is a specific Tyrant, giant spiders, mutated plants, birds, and Birkin in the picture

Edited by kiwisoup

I noticed something in the map description for this house...

Raccoon City is overrun with Umbrella Corporation’s most terrifying experiments—and the only option is complete destruction. You’ll need to duck and dodge Lickers, Hunters, and Nemesis himself if you have any chance of escaping Capcom’s video game terrors before missiles send everything back to hell.

Return of the House of Horrors crouch room?

Raccoon City is overrun with Umbrella Corporation’s most terrifying experiments—and the only option is complete destruction. You’ll need to duck and dodge Lickers, Hunters, and Nemesis himself if you have any chance of escaping Capcom’s video game terrors before missiles send everything back to hell.

It's possible, but I doubt it. Probably just an exaggerated description to create hype.

That room is in the same spot it was last year, and not this house.

Guest kiwisoup

This pic never got added to the first page, here it is for anybody who hasn't somehow already seen it:

1175595_10151657151533233_1537676191_o.j

I wonder why they've done short videos for every house they featured daily but not this one?