Resident Evil: Escape from Raccoon City

JDW

Anyone know why this house is always the least packed? I havent seen it go over 30 minutes. WHich sucks cuz its a good house, way better than silent hill was last year, and Silent hill had 60+++ minute waits.

I have noticed this as well. It is kind of cool because you can do this house at any time and not worry about long lines. But it makes me wonder if Universal will say no to game houses in the future because of it.

There is always a line for this house though, I have never seen it empty. it's just short

I think it's just because of its location. In previous years this would have been the first house people saw (Silent Hill) once they entered the park, but now Cabin in the Woods is the first house they see and it exits at the opposite end between American Werewolf and Evil Dead. So unless guests are paying attention and read their map, which only about 20% do, they probably wouldn't even notice that they missed it.

• Like 2

I think it's just because of its location. In previous years this would have been the first house people saw (Silent Hill) once they entered the park, but now Cabin in the Woods is the first house they see and it exits at the opposite end between American Werewolf and Evil Dead. So unless guests are paying attention and read their map, which only about 20% do, they probably wouldn't even notice that they missed it.

I don't know, if people were coming from other years they would know there is a house there. I think people would at least remember there was a house there before. no?

I also think it's mostly due to location, specifically the fact that all the soundstage houses share an exit. people come in and immediately hit up cabin, get released out by evil dead and either go there or american werewolf. then realize they get let out at the same place and say "fuck it, I'm not going to go back toward the front of the park", do the remaining house in the area and then continue through the rest of the park.

• Like 1

So I apparently broke a scareactor this past Friday. I got spooked over a small scare, and my usually reaction is this little jump dance thing whilst screaming, and I ended up doing a full circle just cause I couldn't figure out what was going on, and I turn back to see the guy leaning against the wall trying not to break, and then he just walked off set to, I assume, keep from laughing/breaking character. So....yay? lol

• Like 3

They added an actor to the paused room, he just walks back and forth scaring you,

but the best thing about it (that I saw) was that when the sound of the game being paused is played on the speakers the actor freezes in place. Then when the sound plays again the actor moves again.

small detail but totally made the night for me. I didn't expect the guy to freeze in place. Pretty awesome addition.

Edited by LV-426

Well...there's always a third reason...mebbee we scare the hell out of some so bad they run through the house and keep the line moving....there's always that.. While I'm here.... a couple of things to say to the general population here....To all of you guys that have come thru the house and enjoyed yourselves....THANK YOU!!!We really get a kick out of seeing that...I've explained to the "Year Ones" to target your t-hirts or for that matter any Rez shirts or Umbrella logos of any kind.....all of you deserve that with the amount of energy you put into this event ..it's the least we can do...however to those of you that wear those same shirts and give us looks of disdain and "What the hell do you think you're doing trying to scare me?" Put a jacket on over the shirt cover it up or move on through...absolutely wear it in the park and advertise this site..that's EXACTLY how I found my way here three years ago.....but don't give any of us attitude because we go after you ...THAT'S WHAT WE'RE SUPPOSED TO DO,,,,and the fact we pay extra attention to those shirts should tell you that we appreciate the ones that make it possible...ok ...back to my sewer..I got a lunch date with an old friend who's hangin around down there....again

THANK YOU!!!!!!!

• Like 2

This house got really good. I liked it a lot more today. It definitely got better.

Yeah, due to my shoulder and neck injury I got placed in the finale (on the non-closing set; if you went through, I was the tall zombie with the sort of clownish makeup and button-down shirt). It's actually very fun in that room, as the zombies can go literally almost anywhere in that room as long as they don't go too close to the entrance to the room. We can even jump up or climb onto the ledge of the RPD building that you pass as you exit; there's nothing quite like running and leaping onto the ledge right as the machine gun strobes go off in terms of fun.

For a house that's gotten a bad rap, we got a LOT of scares in there.

• Like 3

how come this house did not have a queue video? this baffles me.
I seriously do not understand why they didn't have clips of the game.... They could have easily make a montage of clips, OR at least show the trailers for the games.

If anything they could have had the logo of the house on the screen at least... I find it unacceptable that there was no video at all. wtf????

it is a small complain but when the lines are long I wish there was something for me to watch, They don't even have music playing around the queue. What the F---- is going on?

Edited by LV-426
  • Like 2

yeah the house is a lot of fun now. I like it a lot.

there is something I did notice though, I was looking at this house and, For me it seems like the house really feels like "Resident Evil" and it gets really good as soon as the Dogs appear. After the Dog room the house for me feels like you really are in Raccoon City with the Licker and Nemesis etc.

The first couple of rooms just feel like a generic zombie house. The actors do well as zombies but, Seeing how many zombies the park has with all the zones,

Seems like they could have based his house on just monsters and it would have been great. They could have had zombies at the entrance and then at the end, and they could have filled the other rooms with more creatures and it would have been a lot of fun. I don't know, I did this twice today and both times I couldn't wait to get to the dog room. I love the ending and Nemesis has been doing a really good job, both of them.

• 2 weeks later...

Inside the Magic gave RE their "Most Improved" award.

I went through on the B cast on Thursday....without realizing that one of my temporary castmates in the finale, a former Beast from last year, happened to have stayed on through the final set and was waiting in there.

His hands are very large when they're strangling you.

Edited by Cody

• Mark M. changed the title to Resident Evil: Escape from Raccoon City
  • Mark M. unpinned this topic