Resident Evil: Escape from Raccoon City

JDW

Hatetofly reported on Twitter that this is going to be the shortest house of the event with a mere eight scenes. So far one of those eight scenes look awesome.

From his twitter...

"8 main scenes in Resident Evil making it the shortest haunt this year, but rest assured those 8 scenes are epic!!"

Not just one. All eight.

• Like 1

Sort of related, what was the shortest house of HHN?

Not sure, but i think the shortest house i ever experienced was either Creatures or doomsday(08)

Maybe cuz i just sped through those houses, idk but i think eight rooms is okay, especially if we're gonna get amazing scenery/scares out of it. If anything people, just walk very slowly through and get all the scares, like i do. haha

I saw this as a light-hearted type of maze. You could just tell from the vibe it have off. Also if you saw Nemesis, then you'll know exactly what I mean. The creatures just looked "tongue-in-cheek" in a way. Yes it was short, but l appreciated it once I had understood what A&D was trying to pull off.

• Like 1

the costumes were good, the puppets were good, the sets were good.

but the rooms are so big, and you have like one or two actors on each one, it feels like walking into a movie set.

doesn't even feel like a house with some rooms, it felt like a really detailed movie set that was empty or something.

I don't know I just thought bigger rooms meant maybe a couple of more actors on each one. The house is already only 8 rooms, and then they don't even have that many actors or puppets on each one. I don't know, they could have at least put up some mannequins or something? it feels kind of deserted

It felt better than Silent Hill, for sure, But then Silent Hill Did not feel this lonely. which is weird,

it's like they fix something but something else doesn't work lol

Edited by LV-426

Guest kiwisoup

I think Leon is in the house 3 times counting the paused room and Jill 2 times...I just don't get why they didn't do Claire. I mean there's only 3 main characters in the two games! I would have accepted no Ada, Carlos, Sherry, etc...but Claire just seems like a glaring omission. I guess they wanted one male and one female so that it seemed like a story arc when the two reappeared throughout the maze?

Alright, I gave in and watched two of the walk throughs of this because of how bad everyone was saying this house was (but I refuse to watch anymore after this & TWD). By both videos I saw, I completely disagree with what a lot of people are saying.

The sets look incredible, Nemesis appears a lot and the whole thing just gives off an Islands Of Adventure Jurassic Park vibe. The house is too short but at the same time, growing up in the arcade with games like House Of The Dead..I completely get what they were going for. Do some of the costumes look cheesy? Yeah but not as bad as others have stated (but definitely not Japan level). Like the dogs aren't nearly as horrible as I was picturing. I also think this is better then Silent Hill by what I watched. The only thing I hope they do is fix how loud the gunfire is, it doesn't sound anywhere near as apparent as it was in 2011s The Thing. I also hope they add a little more for the final scene but that set is really awesome. I'm actually more excited to walk through it now after watching that.

Now if you waited 120 mins for this (as it will be on peak nights) for a 3 minute experience...yeah I'd be a little uphappy but the nostalgia factor does this for me. I love a few particular scenes and the paused room has a lot of detail that is really cool. But once again I go into these houses to step into that world of the IP, not just for someone jumping out at me, so for that...this house suceeds by what I'm seeing.

Edited by somebody85

Alright, I gave in and watched two of the walk throughs of this because of how bad everyone was saying this house was (but I refuse to watch anymore after this & TWD). By both videos I saw, I completely disagree with what a lot of people are saying.

The sets look incredible, Nemesis appears a lot and the whole thing just gives off an Islands Of Adventure Jurassic Park vibe. The house is too short but at the same time, growing up in the arcade with games like House Of The Dead..I completely get what they were going for. Do some of the costumes look cheesy? Yeah but not as bad as others have stated (but definitely not Japan level). Like the dogs aren't nearly as horrible as I was picturing. I also think this is better then Silent Hill by what I watched. The only thing I hope they do is fix how loud the gunfire is, it doesn't sound anywhere near as apparent as it was in 2011s The Thing. I also hope they add a little more for the final scene but that set is really awesome. I'm actually more excited to walk through it now after watching that.

Now if you waited 120 mins for this (as it will be on peak nights) for a 3 minute experience...yeah I'd be a little uphappy but the nostalgia factor does this for me. I love a few particular scenes and the paused room has a lot of detail that is really cool. But once again I go into these houses to step into that world of the IP, not just for someone jumping out at me, so for that...this house suceeds by what I'm seeing.

what videos?