Resident Evil: Escape from Raccoon City

JDW

9207_wallpapers_2560x1440_RE.thumb.jpg.cadc583bab21e36041c84322b6cf517d.jpg

This fall, Universal Orlando Resort will transform reality into a surreal fight for survival as the critically-acclaimed survival horror video game series Resident Evil becomes a haunted house at Halloween Horror Nights 23. Universal’s Entertainment team collaborated with the video game creators at Capcom to create a horrifyingly authentic haunted house based on some of the popular video games from the Resident Evil series. Guests will become desperate survivors inside Raccoon City and encounter vicious characters from the games such as Lickers, bloodthirsty zombies, packs of Cerberuses and even Nemesis himself.

• 1 month later...

• @HorrorNightsORL: Greetings from Japan! Seems appropriate! RE maze will be based in games 2 & 3!!
  • HHN 23 â€@HorrorNightsORL 13s

If you want a preview of the facade search the first stage of Resident Evil 2... Arukas!

Arukas.PNG

The one good thing and the thing this IP has that is better than Silent Hill (for a house) Is that RE is more straight forward and it won't be as confusing. Also I think the house might be better than Silent Hill because of that.

I am really happy about this, and I just hope that the house is more based on the Monsters and Not on the zombies. We have too much zombie stuff going on, So it would be a dream if this house mostly focuses on the other creatures.

Or if they have zombies, My hope is that they make them look completely different than what the walking dead zombies are. I hope the make up and the clothes are really different.

but this is going to be A-mazing

• Like 1

As far as Nemesis goes my only hope is that he is done better than Pyramid Head was done here.

With Nemesis, I hope we see him at least 2 times, (or more) And I hope he shows up in a better way than Pyramid Head was.
Pyramid Head looked amazing, but the way his room was done, it wasn't the best.

I hope we at least get Nemesis 2 or 3 times in the house.

(Actually If every single actor was dressed as Nemesis, That would be great with me ;) )

Edited by LV-426
  • Like 2

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2013/08/resident-evil-comes-to-universal-orlando-as-new-haunted-house-brings-raccoon-city-to-halloween-horror-nights-2013/

"In Resident Evil: Escape from Raccoon City, Halloween Horror Nights guests will come face to face with Hunters, Lickers, and Nemesis, all based on the video game series, specifically Resident Evil 2 and 3, but not the films. There will even be one room that replicates a video game battle put on pause."

Was already excited as is, but color me even more intrigued by how they are going to pull that off! I also hope we see that Racoon City neon light show up in the facade.

And although everyone knew what the final house was going to be, Publix blew the big reveal for everyone else lol. On the display stand I forgot where this is listed, but it's one of the top houses with American Werewolf In London being at the bottom.

As far as Nemesis goes my only hope is that he is done better than Pyramid Head was done here.

With Nemesis, I hope we see him at least 2 times, (or more) And I hope he shows up in a better way than Pyramid Head was.

Pyramid Head looked amazing, but the way his room was done, it wasn't the best.

I hope we at least get Nemesis 2 or 3 times in the house.

(Actually If every single actor was dressed as Nemesis, That would be great with me ;) )

He'll probably look just like Japan's did last year.

8067268198_07901b5d77_b.jpg

Ok sorry to sound so clueless....but where can I find the press release

This would be it :)

This fall, Universal Orlando Resort will transform reality into a surreal fight for survival as the critically-acclaimed survival horror video game series Resident Evil becomes a haunted house at Halloween Horror Nights 23. Universal’s Entertainment team collaborated with the video game creators at Capcom to create a horrifyingly authentic haunted house based on some of the popular video games from the Resident Evil series. Guests will become desperate survivors inside Raccoon City and encounter vicious characters from the games such as Lickers, bloodthirsty zombies, packs of Cerberuses and even Nemesis himself.

ORLANDO, Fla. (August 29, 2013) – This fall, Universal Orlando Resort will transform reality into a surreal fight for survival as the critically-acclaimed survival horror video game series Resident Evil becomes a haunted house at Halloween Horror Nights 23.

This completes this year’s lineup for Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights 23, which will feature some of the most outrageously terrifying, highly-recognizable names in entertainment and pop culture. In addition to Resident Evil, the event will also include haunted houses based on AMC’s “The Walking Dead,” Mexican urban legend La Llorona and critically acclaimed horror films “Evil Dead,” “An American Werewolf in London” and “The Cabin in the Woods.” Universal Orlando is also dedicating its entire Halloween Horror Nights street experience to “The Walking Dead” – making this the first time ever that all of the scare zones throughout the park will be themed after a hit television series.

For Resident Evil, Universal’s Entertainment team collaborated with the video game creators at Capcom to create a horrifyingly authentic haunted house based on some of the popular video games from the Resident Evil series. Guests will become desperate survivors inside the viral catastrophe, Raccoon City. As they journey through the city, they’ll encounter vicious characters from the games such as Lickers, bloodthirsty zombies, packs of Cerberuses and even Nemesis himself. Fans will be completely transported inside the video game realm – to the extent that one room in the haunted house will appear as if an action-packed fight scene is paused, as if the gamer has taken a quick break before returning to the horror of Raccoon City.

The Resident Evil franchise is now firmly established as a mainstay of contemporary culture with blockbuster live action movies, CG anime, manga, novels and numerous merchandising lines being produced alongside the videogame series. To date, the Resident Evil series of videogames has achieved global sales of more than 57 million units.

“It’s such a great delight to work with Universal on a haunted house based on the Resident Evil games,” said Yoshiaki Hirabayashi, Producer of Resident Evil 6. “The games have become synonymous with survival horror and we look forward to delivering a new way for consumers to experience the Resident Evil world we have created in the haunted house at Halloween Horror Nights."

“Resident Evil is a perfect final addition to Halloween Horror Nights 23,” said Michael Aiello, Creative Director for Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights. “We were able to create incredibly elaborate sets that plant you right in the midst of Raccoon City’s apocalyptic nightmare, along with terrifying adversaries that will send them running.”

and now it's added to the first post.

Ok, So. I purchased Residents Evil Directors Cut, thinking the house was going to be based off of it and maybe some see sequels and now I need to play 2 and 3 to understand the house. Do I need to play the first one to understand the second or third one? If so, can someone point towards a link to the plot of the first game?

It would be awesome if you go into a room, the lights cut out and you hear " STAAAAARS . . ." then some loud footsteps, the lights come back on and the nemesis is there. But there's no way they'd purposely stop the conga line from moving, lol.

• Like 1

Guest kiwisoup

Just like Silent Hill, this has the potential to be really great or really bad. The use of games over the movies is a step in the right direction, though.

I think the chances that Resident Evil will be good are much better. I think the fact that Orlando used such a heavy influence from the movies hurt them in the end. Resident Evil is sticking to the games, so that's one for RE. Also, Silent Hill has that abandoned run-down look that I feel they just used as an excuse to try and do it quick and sloppy with a lower-budget. I just feel like they didn't "get" Silent Hill and it came across in their design. They won't be able to cut corners with Resident Evil quite as much, but I could be wrong. Hopefully the Nemesis pops up a few times unlike Pyramid Head where they only had him once walking in circles. Too many static characters in SH last year...

I think the chances that Resident Evil will be good are much better. I think the fact that Orlando used such a heavy influence from the movies hurt them in the end. Resident Evil is sticking to the games, so that's one for RE. Also, Silent Hill has that abandoned run-down look that I feel they just used as an excuse to try and do it quick and sloppy with a lower-budget. I just feel like they didn't "get" Silent Hill and it came across in their design. They won't be able to cut corners with Resident Evil quite as much, but I could be wrong. Hopefully the Nemesis pops up a few times unlike Pyramid Head where they only had him once walking in circles. Too many static characters in SH last year...

I agree with the above and would also like to add that storywise, RE is much easier to adapt. It will make sense to people who have not played the games because the stories are fairly straightforward. The problem with SH is that it is really more of a psychological horror game than a jump scare horror game and therefore it is almost too complex to adapt into a house. That alone is reason enough for me to have faith that RE will kick butt.

• Like 2