Afterlife: Death's Vengeance

JDW

That's strange. As far as I could tell, it was basically just a canvas cylinder. I can understand them having problems with the mechanism that turns it, but what could have gone so badly wrong that they had to remove it completely?

• Like 1

From what I could tell, only the canvas had been removed leaving just the metal frame. Maybe someone had a little to much to drink and had a...spillage...over the side. Hopefully it'll be back next week because the house just ends very strange without it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The vortex is back as well.

The house is pretty unintuitive in terms of layout; I know it's supposed to be disorienting with the 3D and all, but it's just plain weird sometimes. Even the entrance can be confusing, as they have a large, open hallway to the left as you enter the house but you need to go to the right.

The mirror room is probably the worst. If my mental layout is right (after being helped out by Ops), you need to walk toward the back wall and make a 180 degree turn to go back through a set of black curtains that, for all intents and purposes, looks like a scareactor entrance.

Edited by Cody

Anyone happen to know the backstory on his victims? It seems in the house there are at least a dozen of them, mostly female, and the queue audio mentioned something about an orphanage? Just wondering if they discussed this in the UMTH tours or something...

Anyone happen to know the backstory on his victims? It seems in the house there are at least a dozen of them, mostly female, and the queue audio mentioned something about an orphanage? Just wondering if they discussed this in the UMTH tours or something...

In the Body Bag room, the names some victims are read, all I heard was Peter Monroe and Mike Jones. In the tours, they didn't really mention it. I hope they release some information, it's an intriguing house.

Many people don't like this house, but my wife got one of her best scares of the year last Friday walking through here. Props to the first winged Demon (throwback from In-Between). You got her the first time but as she was walking out of your scene, you came within inches of her face on the side scare and achieved an awesome scare.

I was right behind her and it was great seeing her get a bonafide scare.

• 2 weeks later...

Many people don't like this house, but my wife got one of her best scares of the year last Friday walking through here. Props to the first winged Demon (throwback from In-Between). You got her the first time but as she was walking out of your scene, you came within inches of her face on the side scare and achieved an awesome scare.

I was right behind her and it was great seeing her get a bonafide scare.

That was me :-) :D

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I agree, Cody. The layout of the rooms were the same and I think the "hell" that the college students opened with their professor's demonic board is the same "hell" that Robert "The Blade" Galletta entered during his execution. It had been previously speculated that the opening of the demonic portal in The In-Between released more upon Universal than just those demons. I'm sure we'll see a continuation of this storyline somewhere down the road.

• Mark M. changed the title to Afterlife: Death's Vengeance
  • Mark M. unpinned this topic