Afterlife: Death's Vengeance

JDW

Am I the only one here that's hoping that the facade to Afterlife isn't similar to In-Between's pulp comic cover page facade? Don't get me wrong, I loved that facade with its 3D feel and I wouldn't mind if they did that again, since this house is based on pulp comics; but,I want a different facade with a 1930s feel. Still,Same facade or not, I know I'll enjoy every second of this house. I obviously loved its predecessor.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This was one of my most anticipated houses (maybe because I'm obsessed with Serial Killers hence my degree in Criminal Psychology) and it was my least favorite. I'm so disappointed. It really had nothing to do with the scareactors but more to do with the actual affects of the house. I think the best house they did that was 3-d was Jack back in 2007. I wish they had done it similar to those lines.. but *shrugs*

Cinderelly115 did you go into The In-between house? Cause I knew just what was waiting for me on the inside. Not to say that makes it good or bad but at least doesn't give you a false pre-thought.

Also here's some cool stuff. After the electrocution chair scene. Look up!

Also the tunnel scene on EP night had a mirror on the walking pathway but by opening weekend. It was dull looking. Hopefully they keep it clean cause it's a cool effect.

Edited by ZKeeper

I thought the knife popping out of the chest scene towards the end of the house was really cool :-)

I agree, love that scene. I try to slow down to see it twice if I can. I also like that they made the execution at the beginning something that a scareactor interacts with and triggers.

yes, we've seen the same/similar effects used in previous houses over the years. from the electrocution, to mirrors, to the tunnel. but I think they're implemented well in afterlife.