Afterlife: Death's Vengeance

JDW

9207_wallpapers_2560x1440_AL.thumb.jpg.c361f2ad6fc298b38f6e10318c69984a.jpg

Witness the brutal vengeance of his victims as they turn his afterlife into an inescapable hell...

This fall, 2000 volts of electricity are going to send serial killer, Bobby “The Blade” Galleta into a horrific realm of suffering at HHN23 in this new, original haunted house, Afterlife: Death’s Vengeance.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

3D houses are hit or miss with me. I would rather have a dark house with a creepy feel, then one that is lit up by black lights. But I am still interested to see how it is done. There are usually a few good 3D effects that make me say "that looks cool". I am also glad it is not a comical 3D house this year.

I guess this isn't a popular viewpoint, but I'll say it anyway - I can't WAIT for this house! From what Aiello tweeted about it, it looks like it will be fantastic! Then again, I LOVED The In Between, so to hear that they will "pay homage" to that house in some ways was thrilling for me. Plus, I always love this original stuff, and I think the concept is a smart one. It's not the typical haunted prison because serial killers were once housed there. This is a cool twist.

• Like 6

I'm really looking forward to this house as well. I think this could end up being one of my favorites of the season. While I never got to see it, I heard the 3D worked well in The In-Between, and having this be a thematically darker "sister house" with 3-D could turn out well. Very excited to see what's in store for us.

• Like 1

I am really looking forward to this house. As much as I loved The Inbetween, I would love the set design on this house to be more set in a twisted, and brightly colored, version of our world. If we are supposed to see how he made his headlines, then that seems the best approach. Maybe take an idea from Poe where his office looked completely different at the beginning and end because of him going insane.

Gosh, that logo is probably the cheesiest looking logo I've seen from HHN... Seriously, what is this? Scooby Doo? Common. And the name... just not so hot. With that said, I am looking forward to this one. It could be great, or it could just be an In-Between repeat, which, imo, would be a let down. The In-Between had some pretty neat rooms and effects, so I'm curious to see how this house will turn out.

Cheesy? It looks like an electric chair. The font is a little funky but that art work looks good. The house is 3D so the colors sort of reflect that. IDK compared to the In Between logo this is far better (minus the font)

I'm extremely enthused about this house - I felt the 3D was more effective in In-Between than just about any of the other 3D houses I've been through. The follow up details given about this - and really, several of the houses - gives me the impression that the intention IS to be much more intense and visceral throughout the event this year; this is something that many of us have been clamoring for. Once past the vortex, I'm really interested to see what tableaus they chose, and how much will be straight demon experiences versus the demon/vengeful victim re-enactments.

• Like 5

I was referring to the font. Although, I can't say I'm crazy about the overall look of it either. It just seems kind of... silly.

Oh I agree the font doesn't fit. But I think the pic looks better than the Ride the lightning cover :P

Looks very promising to me. I absolutely LOVED The Inbetween. It was my first ever 3D house, and it really impressed me with the different ways they chose to keep guests off balance and disoriented (that spinning votex in 3D was torture, especially when the line was super slow...but I LOVED IT!!. Also gotta love the yarn room!). It sounds like HHN is going for a much darker and violent tone for Afterlife, so that excites me right off the bat. Hoping that they don't go the route where we are Robert and thusly his victims are attacking us (I want some grisly death tableaus darnit!). Either way, it sounds like Afterlife is shaping up to be an original and creative house. The Inbetween set a high bar for 3D houses, but I feel that Afterlife has a decent shot at reaching or passing that bar.

• Like 2

Since there is no love for the font and some dislike for the artwork...

Two quotes:

@HorrorNightsORL: There are most definitely some InBetween homages... UV,Lasers, demonic souls... All wrapped in a brand new pulp type story... Very excited!

@HorrorNightsORL: @MrBowman71 honestly... Johnny Cash's "there ain't no grave" just set the tone. And pulp comics... Just provided the right mindset to write.

It's based on 1930's pulp comics.

• Like 1

I am definitely looking forward to this house the most. This could be amazing. I am curious on how and where they will use electricity in the house (Specially since this is 3D) That's what I am most curious about.

Edited by LV-426