Evil Dead

JDW

I have encountered dead cats at least 6 times in my life.
The first time I Was about 7 or so, and someone had burned a cat and left it on the street. it was half body, half ashes...the head as burned too.... it was disgusting.

the last time was 4 years ago when someone threw their dead cat on the road next to a bus stop, The cat was not run over, someone just left it there.....

• 2 weeks later...

So how many dead cats are in this house? Taking my sister and she and I both hate the visuals of dead cats, obviously houses are supposed to scare us but this does this to us in the wrong ways lol, but I can handle it for a minute but a second of that is to much for her. The reviews and photos of this house are to amazing to miss so I will suck it up however will this be to much for her? Should I tell her to sit this one out? Or just to bury her head in my back and follow me for just a minute and that will do. Sorry to be the scaredy cat for this one but ya know. ;)

Guest kiwisoup

Not to be insensitive, but I always find it humorous when people have no issue with the constant visuals of humans being injured or dead...but fake dead cats is going to send someone on the verge of a panic attack? really? I know there are cat people out there, but that seems a little drastic :-P

Thanks for all the info and yeah if it is just the small hallway then we should be fine, thanks! All the posts about the cats was starting to get me concerned lol. Dead or mutilated cats doesn't give me a panic attack but it more just bums me out. My rational behind the whole thing is that I find cats and dogs just so innocent and such while so many humans just seem plain evil, especially those shown in horror, that they usually deserve their punishment (SAW logic I guess haha). So yeah idk might be a lame reasoning but it is what I got going for me anyways, guess we all have different triggers anyways that we may not even be able to understand. So yeah moral of the story is it isn't scaring me but just really bums me out.

This house is truly amazing. I loved it. It was insane and really really scary. It actually made me jump once or twice.

I love how it really feels like the movie. I didn't even like the movie as much as this house. I mean, I liked the movie, but i really really loved the house.

it was pretty amazing to see.

Guest kiwisoup

Is it just me, or did they change the barfing blood scene? It used to be two scareactors and the Mia on top would move over and try to scare you and I never really noticed any actual vomit effect, but now it seems like she was replaced with a prop that sprays water similar to Hollywood, only instead of it being a constant trickle, it's triggered at set intervals with an audio cue.

I did the tour on Thursday and our guide said that they have been tweaking that scene. Both Thursday and Friday nights, it was a prop with a constant trickle of water. Maybe they changed it to the interval effect for Saturday. That would probably work better. I didn't think the trickle of water was very effective.

I feel kind of bad for not liking this house more than I did... everyone seems to love it, except for me <.<
I wanted to like it, like really really badly. But the two times I went through it were just kind of "meh." The set was immaculate, I will say that. But the scares, and overall energy. I did love the basement scene but that was kind of my main highlight of the house.

• Like 1

something i don't really understand is why they didn't put a video at the beginning of this house (The white wall that is when you enter the building.

I know they have red lights and lighthing showing on the wall... but wouldn't a video of the forest or something be better? seems like a missed opportunity for me, they could have added something really cool

i was confused at this as well. Even if it had no sound and was just various b reel footage from the movie of the woods... kind of like what is behind the guy in the first cabin room during the incantation.

• Like 1

That is something that makes this ever weirder now that you mention it. They don't have a video of the woods in that white wall but they did put a video on the first room when the guy is reading the book...

that room really didn't need that video being played there, and they could have used that video in the entrance..... really weird setting

It was done that way to match up with the movie. In the movie, you see those scenes cut in with scenes of him reading the words from the book.

I do agree that they could have done a bit more with all that empty space at the beginning.

• Like 1

Am I the only one who thought the layout of this house was killer? I don't know why but I just felt really immersed in it all. I was very impressed. The way you transition between everything was great. I wasn't sure how they were gonna execute it with very little setting to work with but they did a great job.

Am I the only one who thought the layout of this house was killer? I don't know why but I just felt really immersed in it all. I was very impressed. The way you transition between everything was great. I wasn't sure how they were gonna execute it with very little setting to work with but they did a great job.

I love it, I love this house more than Cabin in the woods actually.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Mark M. changed the title to Evil Dead
  • Mark M. unpinned this topic