Evil Dead

JDW

Guest kiwisoup

The more I think about it, the more I'm starting to get worried that this is going to have the same timing issue that the Saw house did. Just seems like a lot of "scenes" will be happening that will probably take a lot of reset time. I felt like Dead End had a huge timing issue as well, but people still loved it so I guess we'll see...

Kind of confused at how this house will be getting it's own(pretty big) soundstage while CITW is going to share a soundstage with Resident Evil. Even though SS 21 is huge, CITW is not getting as much real estate as Evil Dead. Of course it might just be that they thought they were going to put American Horror Story in that house before.

I've been hoping CITW is a truly epic house and it should get all the room that it needs.

Kind of confused at how this house will be getting it's own(pretty big) soundstage while CITW is going to share a soundstage with Resident Evil. Even though SS 21 is huge, CITW is not getting as much real estate as Evil Dead. Of course it might just be that they thought they were going to put American Horror Story in that house before.

I've been hoping CITW is a truly epic house and it should get all the room that it needs.

Who's to say they are utilizing all of the space within that soundstage for the house?

Guest kiwisoup

ssmap.jpg

The soundstages are different sizes. Evil Dead is in 24, correct? The two houses are in 21 which is by far the largest soundstage. I'd be more worries about AWIL because that SS is less than half the size of any of the others. But as someone pointed out and from what I've seen in some blueprints, the soundstages are more than big enough and they don't always use all of the space

Edited by kiwisoup

You are right Evil dead is in 24. First house there ever. But a single house in an huge ss. Yeah no way they are using the whole thing.

For example:

SS 22 is the smallest used (Winter's Night, etc) which they typically make one house. But even it had a preposed 3 run house at one point which became a two-run. But regardless 21 is a very large(one of the biggest) SS and will easily house two houses.

For those that didn't watch the CraveOnline walk through of this house in Hollywood, its huge and looks just like the real cabin. I don't know if Orlando is going to be able to pull off some of the effects shown in the concept art on their site due to the gore factor. I also hope our deadite scareactors also are going to be wearing contacts and the prosthetics are on that level.

• Like 2

Wyndott Estate is the last house to fill a "medium" size sound stage solely and I remember it being incredibly epic. I have no blueprints or information to back it up, but that's how I remember it. SS 22 is a small SS but with one maze it always gives a lot of space and atmosphere, so I have good hopes for American Werewolf.

I know Evil Dead won't fill all of SS 24 but I've been so pumped CITW that they would give it as much room as possible since it's such an unconventional house.

These are just nerd theorizing and musings anyway. I just hope it all ends up awesome!

Guest kiwisoup

I've kinda been wondering why Orlando doesn't use false walls...I can't think of an instance of any. They just seem really effective. But I guess the houses have so many boo holes that usually you don't know where they're coming from anyways. I just think where the scares are coming from could be a little less obvious.

• Mark M. changed the title to Evil Dead
  • Mark M. unpinned this topic