Evil Dead

JDW

If there were any ip's to use HHN picked the 2 best. I want an insidious house as well though :/ I can't imagine this house in a loud SS WOOO!

Since the ad leak more or less confirmed this will be all the new movie (similar to the thing in 2011), maybe we'll get a flooded basement scene! And hopefully the mirror face scene too. Also, anyone think they would/could reenact the blood rain scene from the end?
I honestly think they could and hopefully they do

Considering the Blood Rain is probably one of the most epic parts of the film, I'd be pretty sad if they didn't at least try to have that scene as the final. I'm not sure how they could pull it off, though. You can't really shower your guests with fake blood :P

I think it definitely would be a tough effect to pull off. I expect it to be like the store in WD last year. Maybe inside and feel like it is raining blood outside the window. Perhaps even a backlight outside to simulate the cabin burning to be able to definitely tell it is raining blood without it actually raining blood.

• Like 1

Maybe they could do something similar to the courtyard scene. They had wind and rain effects, just use red lighting to make it seem like it could be blood, and bingo! I know it wouldn't be as effective as using like fake blood or a harder rain, but its something.

I found the full article of Fede Alvarez, John Murdy, and Mike Aeillio talking about the Evil Dead house. As much as I've become pretty uninterested and tired of Horror Nights Orlando, this really has me imagining some amazing things for the event. It's a great article with tons of neat notes mentioned by all three guys.

http://collider.com/evil-dead-universal-studios-fede-alvarez/#more-268946

Just saw this movie last night. Ugh. I know I'm in the minority here but I did not like the movie at all. It had better production than the original and made more sense story-wise. But was disgusting and vulgar and some of the movie logic stupified me. don't get me wrong I've seen far worse (Salo, Cannibal Holocaust, etc.) I just am not a fan... Now you kids get off my lawn! *shakes fist*.

Of course I never liked the originals and seeing as it is pretty much the same movie but written better I'm not really surprised at that.

Having said all that. Will this house be acurately potrayed? i haven't seen that much gore in a house in... ever.

I can see the sets being cool but how do you pull off raining blood and... would the house have the same feel of the movie without all the gore seeing as the movie itself pretty much is the gore?

NVM from collider:

• The maze will act like a chronological retelling of 2013’s Evil Dead. Fans will walk through the events as they happen facing an onslaught of sights, sounds, and even smells (dead cats, anybody?) to put them in the action of the film.
  • Director Fede Alvarez is onboard to review plans for the mazes and give them his stamp of approval.
  • The mazes on either coast, Hollywood or Orlando, will differ slightly from each other so fans can have a unique experience at either park.
  • Creative directors John Murdy and Michael Aeillo have put a lot of thought into the best way to bring to life key moments like the tongue-splitting and arm amputation. The biggest challenge being that they have to recreate these moments every several seconds for a new audience.
  • They also promise to bring a wealth of gore in tribute to the aesthetics of the film, saying that on a scale from one to ten, this maze is an eleven.
  • There will not be any nods to the original Evil Dead trilogy that do not exist in Alvarez’s 2013 version film. However, Alvarez says his entire film is “a big Easter egg” and there are plenty of references to choose from.

So my deer head wont be there :(

The movie was a waste of two hours of my life.

Given the crowds over the past several years, the house itself could wind up being a waste of upwards of the same if not more depending on wait times.

And I've never been a huge fan of having a wealth of gore inside any house, there's nothing scary about gore, at least to me. So if they plan on gutting this one out so to speak, I'd be curious to see in what way and how it's presented.

And a side note, movie reboots/remakes (this one included) should be banned in the film industry. Period.

Doesn't surprise me that they're only using the remake. And JDW is right, when was the last time we had a house with tons of gore? I think it'll be cool. That is, if they can live up to expectations. I'm also interested to see how this house plays out, since the only locations in the film are the woods, the cabin, and the little shed with the hole. Doesn't seem like a lot to work with in my opinion.

I don't have a lot of hope for this house. Specially when they are only using the new movie.

It would have been amazing if they did the old Evil Dead, Of course this could be good, but for now I have a feeling this will be the house that is not as great as the others. I mean, is basically going to feel like a zombie house inside a cabin. (plus a lot of gore...so, yay?)

Edited by LV-426
  • Like 1

• Mark M. changed the title to Evil Dead
  • Mark M. unpinned this topic