HHN 2013: Evil Dead: Book Of The Dead

Hm. Well let's do the math... they shot that sequence, maybe in about 3 or 4 days? A week at the most (that sounds like a stretch given its a smaller budget movie and those are quicker shoots) 12 - 16 hrs each day. The blood was probably covering a bigger area but let's say in the maze it covers only 1/4 of the area. Now the maze will be open for about 20 nights and for 7 hours at a time.

Who feels like doing the math? Buahahahahahahaha

• Like 1

Guest kiwisoup

About the blood...Do you guys really think they are going to rain down fake blood onto guests, staining their clothes? The only real plausible scenario is light rain effects with red lighting onto a set painted red. Let's be realistic here.

About the blood...Do you guys really think they are going to rain down fake blood onto guests, staining their clothes? The only real plausible scenario is light rain effects with red lighting onto a set painted red. Let's be realistic here.

i have a feeling there just gonna spray us with water in a red room thats about it

Obviously not. Could rain around the guests though, on the side of the paths away from the guests. With a grid below that let's the blood recycle back up so it doesn't spill into the walkway. However, there's the concern of idiots trying to touch it and splashing ppl.

• Like 1

Obviously not. Could rain around the guests though, on the side of the paths away from the guests. With a grid below that let's the blood recycle back up so it doesn't spill into the walkway. However, there's the concern of idiots trying to touch it and splashing ppl.

I was looking at that picture and didn't see any drainage or recycle system of some sort. Maybe Murdy has pulled that aside as one of the surprises.

I'm actually very impressed with how Evil Dead looks so far. It seems VERY detailed. I normally hate spoilers, but I just had to get a peak at Evil Dead. The only issue I'm concerned about is how much scenery will cover the walls. I hope the black walls don't show like in Silent Hill or (especially) TCM.

I remember hearing about that. They were getting together like 50 gallons. They only used 500 gallons in the actual movie.

yeah I doubt the blood rain will be actual fake blood that would be such a waste of money despite how bad ass it would be. Did anyone stop to think the 50 gallons of blood was just for make-up

Im sure it's gonna be more like how Friday the 13th was pulled off.

yeah I doubt the blood rain will be actual fake blood that would be such a waste of money despite how bad ass it would be. Did anyone stop to think the 50 gallons of blood was just for make-up

I'm not sure, but I know when the production or makeup company tweeted, they were referring directly to the blood rain scene. They said they made 500 gallons look like 5000 gallons in the movie. Its so far down his twitter thread I cant get to it because I do everything from my phone. Edited by TeenagerFromMars

Here's a good look at Evil Dead. If you want to be COMPLETELY surprised, I suggest you don't look at this. It will whet you appetite to see what the maze will bring though:

http://micechat.com/40249-universal-studios-hollywood-previews-halloween-horror-nights/

Frankly, I'm honestly very impressed with how it looks so far. Murdy even said on his twitter that he's going to be bringing in real live trees for the maze. Maybe this will be for the facade?

I remember hearing about that. They were getting together like 50 gallons. They only used 500 gallons in the actual movie.

It was 50,000 gallons in the movie. I corrected them and they actually responded saying that they'd make much more. I just guessed it was for the blood rain scene and based on their response, I think it is. https://twitter.com/JGmoney1996/status/373192535536975875/photo/1

Edited by JGmoney1996
  • Like 1

The tube could align the side of them. Unless you think all the people that squirt at us are all dummies, then I'm sorry to have broken that illusion for you :-P

Also take note of the hatch door by the waist. Why else would that be there?

Edited by DTH316
  • Like 2

The tube could align the side of them. Unless you think all the people that squirt at us are all dummies, then I'm sorry to have broken that illusion for you :-P

Also take note of the hatch door by the waist. Why else would that be there?

Can't be a tube to the side since the guy is walking in from that angle. Dotted line means the tube is blocked by something, so seeing that the guy would be able to see it if it were on the side it's probably inside the prop. The this below the waist I would imagine to be some type of sliding mechanism for it to slide in and out. Plus, imagine how uncomfortable that position would be for a scareactor. Edited by Ridesandstuff