HHN 2013: Evil Dead: Book Of The Dead

Official Name= Evil Dead: Book of the Dead

Location= Mummy venue

thank you I will upadate the thread info

yes it is the perfect place for it` but mock my words Mia will be on every bit of ads and merch this year like the walkers last year.

I can see hearing the book read over the speakers and maybe the original speach from the professor from the original ED (like in the Credit scene for the new one) and the Deadite Go-Gos appear and all the other monsters show up badass nerdgasim!

• Like 1

It's possible. Possessed Mia could be a good ringleader replacement. Bearded guy comes out to read the book of the dead...Mia shows up and kills him. She summons the deadite hordes to attack us. She stays up there to welcome audiences to their death.

Or...since we know it's in the lower lot...Deadites swarms down there?

• Like 1

thank you I will upadate the thread info

yes it is the perfect place for it` but mock my words Mia will be on every bit of ads and merch this year like the walkers last year.

I can see hearing the book read over the speakers and maybe the original speach from the professor from the original ED (like in the Credit scene for the new one) and the Deadite Go-Gos appear and all the other monsters show up badass nerdgasim!

Well just because it was announced first doesn't necissarily mean it will be the marketing property (although it fits perfectly)

Hey homies,

I'm just going to throw this out there.
If they are only going to base the ED Maze off of characters and events which took place in the Movie....

then Ashley WIlliams is still on the table.
Did anyone else catch the Easter Egg at the end of the movie featuring Bruce Campbell reprising the role for a one liner...?
"Groovy".

Just saying.....

Hey homies,

I'm just going to throw this out there.

If they are only going to base the ED Maze off of characters and events which took place in the Movie....

then Ashley WIlliams is still on the table.

Did anyone else catch the Easter Egg at the end of the movie featuring Bruce Campbell reprising the role for a one liner...?

"Groovy".

Just saying.....

So with the Mummy venue, this is how it could play out.

Ash is off to the left side, giving thumbs up, saying Groovy, etc. And then out of the blind spot to the right there's one last deadite charger.

Or...Ash is the charger and he has his chainsaw hand? Nah.

Did anyone watch that video where Fede Alvarez was explaining the maze? It starts in the evil woods and then goes to the cabin. I'm disappointed by that... there couldn't just be a side excursion to outside and then head back in? Crikey.

Discussing the challenges that go with not being able to “cut to” something the way a film can in editing, Aiello used one example they were dealing with on Evil Dead. “How can we illustrate Eric reading the book and then seeing the forest at the same time? Well, we’ve figured that out. When you walk into the cabin, you’re going to see Eric doing that very thing. In a split second you’re in the cabin, and suddenly you’re out in the forest with the trees flying by you. We’ve figured out tricks and special effects to be able to achieve these looks that are in the movie. But again, they’re right there in front of you as you’re walking through these experiences.”

Of course that's Orlando.

Did anyone watch that video where Fede Alvarez was explaining the maze? It starts in the evil woods and then goes to the cabin. I'm disappointed by that... there couldn't just be a side excursion to outside and then head back in? Crikey.

This would be cool if it was an actual outside part of the maze...like a pre scare similar to TWD ambulance truck scene.

If we're going to start off in the woods, it sounds like we are going to have the same "facade" as Silent Hill, but without the sign. Heck we may have the same layout for the first part of the maze if that's the case. I hope they have more trees covering the black wall like for F13 in 2010.

As much as I love Evil Dead, I can't help but have low expectations for this house. While watching the movie, I could already tell it would feature the same stuff we've seen at the event numerous times: distraction-scare, hanging stuff, cut-in-half gags, etc. Hopefully this will be a good house.