HHN 2013: Evil Dead: Book Of The Dead

Via Murdy's Twitter.....

"There is something EVIL lurking in the woods, legions of demons that have lied dormant for years the demon's portal to our world is the BOOK OF THE DEAD, an ancient funerary text inked in blood and bound in human flesh, those who are foolish enough to read from the forbidden incantations of this book risk unleashing the demons of the forest best to heed the warnings left behind by those who have read its cursed pages, "Don't say it, don't write it, don't hear it" but it may already be too late to stop what others have set in motion! Someone has opened The Book Of The Dead. Someone has read the words that should never be read. Someone has released the demons of the forest and they are HUNGRY for human souls The only thing left to do is take shelter in a remote CABIN IN THE WOODS and pray for daylight to save you from he evil that rules the night one thing is certain..."YOU'RE ALL GONNA DIE TONIGHT!" EVIL Freakin' DEAD is coming to HHN this Fall....Groooovy!"

• Like 4

1044939_614323488585999_208388642_n.jpg

I think it will be based on the remake but will include a few scenes from the original franchise like Friday the 13th 2010

judging by the leak its gonna be based on the remake, and since it does share alot from the original I can only see them borrowing from the 2nd since it would be weird if it borrowed scenes fromArmy of Darkness

In response to Freak saying if it's mostly remake based then we'll never see an original ED maze...

Saw is the Law just happened and it got great reviews despite being a last minute replacement and HHN having the inferior remake (not judging the houses, just the movies) TCM for two years. I wouldn't say never. Besides, most of the movie was just borrowed scenes from the original anyway.

Uhhhh this seems like a case of a premature thread-a-makin lol. Even though its all but confirmed, I think we should wait to discuss when its announced and we'll have more details to talk about, otherwise at this point its still just speculation, and plus then we can give the thread its proper subtitle.

I'll just let the beginning of this link be the reminder of what I say! -_-

*whispers* I'm still bitter lmao

that was different we since that was a slip up with Granpa Alice and this is kinda printed proof that Im sure Murdy and everyone would be (or should be) aware would leak it litteraly the prize at the bottom of the box this year

There's now speculation on the supposed leak that the image that went viral is supposedly fake. Here's why (From Murdy's Twitter):

hmm. No trademark symbols...usually those are required in print applications...

I also noticed that they never showed the bottom of the image...

But the problem is that you CAN make out those circle Rs at the end of the HHN logo as well as the words USH and UOR.

• Like 1

plus the flyer seems too well done to be hoax it seems like a legit DVD Flyer, ad on the front fine print in the back the only weird out of place thing is it says "Evil Dead Maze" Usualy it say "Evil Dead comes to life" or something like that since we are the only coast that call them mazes but that could just be Sony's mistake but im pretty sure it's legit

I'm a lot happier that it's based on the new version. The designs for the new characters are a lot scarier and better designed than the original. That being said, I would love scenes from The Evil Dead 2. The photo of the pamphlet states the new "Evil Dead" maze. Not the new "The Evil Dead" maze. so we can be pretty certain that it's the new version. Although, since it is in the DVD for the new movie, it may be promoting it like it's the maze for the new movie but in fact be the old. We probably won't know for sure until the announcement.

Nobody really calls the old Evil Dead movies "The Evil Dead" anyway. If (and I admit, it probably isn't) it was based on the older evil deads it would be awkward as hell for them to announce "The new The Evil Dead" maze. The same way I wouldn't say "Oh yeah I love that new The Ramones album."

As for more frightening...

evil_dead_deadite.jpg

Well that's subjective.

• Like 1

Nobody really calls the old Evil Dead movies "The Evil Dead" anyway. If (and I admit, it probably isn't) it was based on the older evil deads it would be awkward as hell for them to announce "The new The Evil Dead" maze. The same way I wouldn't say "Oh yeah I love that new The Ramones album."

As for more frightening...

evil_dead_deadite.jpg

Well that's subjective.

I jumped, so high..

I wonder if they are going to use the dead cats hanging from the ceiling? It's certainly a taboo (one I share as a cat lover) but it would make sense with HHN's love for stuff hanging from the ceiling.

I wonder if they are going to use the dead cats hanging from the ceiling? It's certainly a taboo (one I share as a cat lover) but it would make sense with HHN's love for stuff hanging from the ceiling.

If they hang dead pigs and have dead deer im sure dead cats will pass plus they will cross off dead dog off the list too (I alomst cryed no lie)

and dont forget the smell of dead cat.....

It's one of the OCP style hidden directives in Murdy's criteria. Is the GP aware of it? Are the environments distinct and able to be recreated? Does the property have characters we can recreate with live actors in the 10 second scare cycle? And most importantly, can we hang stuff from the ceiling?

I actually enjoy the hanging stuff to be honest though.