Creepypasta at HHN

I think the Rake was WAY more scary than Slenderman. Like JDW said Slenderman just "stands there" IT might be a cool concept for games and online talk, but as a house it could be boring

(Unless Universal puts their own spin onit, Making him do scary things like cutting people open or something like that, But then Slenderman would Stop being Slenderman and it would just become like the Gentlemen from Buffy)

That's another thing. We already had houses based on the Body Collectors before. They have appeared at HHN. I mean, technically Slenderman is just a Body Collector without a face and with tentacles on his back. I am not saying I hate Slenderman or anything but I don't exactly see how it would translate well to a house.

I could even see a Slenderman Scarezone working. a bunch of guys in suits walking around scaring people. That would be cool, but as a house I don't know if there is enough for one.

(Like I said, I don't understant why everyone wants a Slenderman house when the Rake is freaking horryfying. the costumes alone would be pretty freaky, let alone what he does to his victims)

Edited by LV-426

I think the Rake was WAY more scary than Slenderman. Like JDW said Slenderman just "stands there" IT might be a cool concept for games and online talk, but as a house it could be boring

(Unless Universal puts their own spin onit, Making him do scary things like cutting people open or something like that, But then Slenderman would Stop being Slenderman and it would just become like the Gentlemen from Buffy)

That's another thing. We already had houses based on the Body Collectors before. They have appeared at HHN. I mean, technically Slenderman is just a Body Collector without a face and with tentacles on his back. I am not saying I hate Slenderman or anything but I don't exactly see how it would translate well to a house.

I could even see a Slenderman Scarezone working. a bunch of guys in suits walking around scaring people. That would be cool, but as a house I don't know if there is enough for one.

(Like I said, I don't understant why everyone wants a Slenderman house when the Rake is freaking horryfying. the costumes alone would be pretty freaky, let alone what he does to his victims)

He could be good as a "cameo" in a room or something like that. Now i forgot all about Rake, which you're right, it's really scary. The Evil Within is another good one, as well as Siren, those shibido are creepy as heck.

Siren and The Evil Within are based on video games which might be out of topic here.

I'd say he looks more like Jack Skellington sans face and with tentacles, since he's tall and skinny. Which would cause a lot of confusion in Orlando at Halloween.

What you said about adaptation is interesting. How far can you twist a concept before you alienate the audience the maze was supposedly made for?

Isn't the Rake basically a naked Slenderman?

Not really. I would say the Rake is more like Gollum with fangs and claws. (the rake has a face)

I know the rake is fake and it was made up on the internet, but the stories of the rake sound pretty close to legends of the Wendigo.

(Unless Universal puts their own spin on it, Making him do scary things like cutting people open or something like that, But then Slenderman would Stop being Slenderman and it would just become like the Gentlemen from Buffy)

Just saying that sounds more like Slender Lore.

Slender doesn't just stand and stalk people, he murders children. In the Slender games you are a little kid he is after. There was an earlier comment about urban legend and culture, internet is a culture and it too has urban legends like smile.jpeg and Jeff The Killer. I think it would be kind of nice if Universal casts their eyes toward these internet creations. Not only are they somewhat popular and known by the younger generations but they are also free game. No royalties to pay, no contracts to sign, nothing. They are creations of the internet and don't have a copyright haha.

• 4 weeks later...

That doesn't make any sense to me. Slender Man is an internet meme that was created through a photoshop competition on Something Terrible by multiple different people on an internet board. Slender Man as a concept can't be copyrighted, the games can. As far as I know the idea of a tall, faceless man, who kidnaps children, who may have a supernatural background/origin is not copyrighted to anyone. If the idea was to be copyrighted the games would not have been made and a movie loosely based off the lore wouldn't have been produced either.

That doesn't make any sense to me. Slender Man is an internet meme that was created through a photoshop competition on Something Terrible by multiple different people on an internet board. Slender Man as a concept can't be copyrighted, the games can. As far as I know the idea of a tall, faceless man, who kidnaps children, who may have a supernatural background/origin is not copyrighted to anyone. If the idea was to be copyrighted the games would not have been made and a movie loosely based off the lore wouldn't have been produced either.

Bobby Weiner trademarked the name of an urban legend. Not a specific tale or creation of that urban legend, just the name.

If well-known urban legends can be trademarked, so can Internet memes.

Edited by mystiquephreeq

The guy who initially created Slenderman owns the copyright to it. Believe it or not, everything is copyrighted. As long as a person can prove they originally created or posted an idea on the internet, they can prove ownership.

(That's a big reason why I post so many of my haunt ideas. While I would be fine with Universal using them, I want proof that I had the idea first.)

• Like 1

I think what trips people up is thinking that Slenderman is folklore or an urban legend instead of something that this one dude came up one day with and can prove he did. He's as much an urban legend or folklore as Jason Voorhees. If Jason was an internet meme that is.