Creepypasta at HHN

• 2 months later...

I honestly think it would be crazy for them NOT to incorporate Slenderman into the event in some way shape or form. The character is now more popular than ever and the theme that this year is going for would be perfect to have him. He wouldn't have like a house or scarezone based around him, but maybe just have be a random scareactor that pops up anywhere in the park.

Ok I may be in the minority but what is "slenderman"? I searched on google and it didn't really help me...

Just because some of you don't like it doesen't mean is a "bad idea". It'll happen eventually, anyways that's all I'm going to say about the subject. Move along.

No worries. Some folks are able to have intelligent discussions regarding their opinions. Others only criticize because they have nothing to say or forgot what it was like to talk with an actual human being. On topic, Orlando has the history and ability to do some creative attractions. Many possibilities if they are able to focus on original content. Edited by AsylumSB
  • Like 2

No worries. Some folks are able to have intelligent discussions regarding their opinions. Others only criticize because they have nothing to say or forgot what it was like to talk with an actual human being. On topic, Orlando has the history and ability to do some creative attractions. Many possibilities if they are able to focus on original content.

Wasn't necessarily pure criticism. It would be a pretty bad idea. Slenderman is a new age urban legend that really only started circulating more within the last couple years and was more a product of the internet than anything else....made even easier to scare with due to how easy it is to modify stock photos now...even old ones.

Maybe in time, slender could be viable, like if we got an urban legend themed house. But, in all honesty he doesn't really have a place at this years event (given what we know so far).

Edited by Iwrestledabearonce

No worries. Some folks are able to have intelligent discussions regarding their opinions. Others only criticize because they have nothing to say or forgot what it was like to talk with an actual human being. On topic, Orlando has the history and ability to do some creative attractions. Many possibilities if they are able to focus on original content.

And the irony is that this comment only served to criticize. Well, and to make yourself feel better. I sure hope it did.

The main problem with Slenderman at UOR is that he isn't a part of any actual folklore or urban legend, which makes him harder to fit into a theme. Folklore is something very personal to a lot of cultures. It represents a shared experience and hundreds of years of storytelling, which is part of a shared identity. Putting that on the same level as something that can be linked to the moment it was created in 2009 is pretty culturally insulting. Urban legend is closer, but it still misses the point that a huge part of why urban legends are creepy is the actual fear people had at one point, especially as children. Exploiting childhood fears is great since it triggers a childlike (read: easily scared) mindset. They also have that layer of word of mouth travel (folklore on a smaller scale) that makes them ominous and unknown, unlike Slenderman where I can show you exactly when it was made up. It's not an urban legend if it was made up by somebody declaring "THIS IS FAKE" to a mass audience, and that declaration is captured forever in cyberspace. It was created as a piece of fiction for an audience that expected fiction. That's like calling Twilight an urban legend or folklore.

Wasn't necessarily pure criticism. It would be a pretty bad idea. Slenderman is a new age urban legend that really only started circulating more within the last couple years and was more a product of the internet than anything else....made even easier to scare with due to how easy it is to modify stock photos now...even old ones.

Maybe in time, slender could be viable, like if we got an urban legend themed house. But, in all honesty he doesn't really have a place at this years event (given what we know so far).

I should use sound judgment and not tangle with one who wrestles with bears! Hee Hee! Personally, I am probably geared more towards old school horror (as if my avatar does not state the obvious). The Slenderman/internet horror thing does not seem appealing, but we are hearing more interest in the sub-genre, even on these boards. It will be interesting if the topic will have legs for the long run or will turn out to be a passing fad.

Edited by AsylumSB

People keep mentioning urban legends, while many of us are referring to the video game series, but i guess some didn't know Slender was turned into a PC game franchise. It'll happen in the near future weather you kick and scream or not.

• Like 1

There's a handful of games made by indie developers. A lot of the games are free to download. The games aren't even stocked in stores, which would be the bare minimum for something to be considered. That doesn't make them bad, it just means that the GP awareness isn't there. HHN is there to make money. Yes, make money by making a form of art, but they are making money. If you are working under the pretense that Slenderman is viable since it is a franchise, there's plenty of better franchises in terms of stuff A&D can do with the property and commercial success. Maybe a house haunt will pick it up and you can check that out?

People keep mentioning urban legends, while many of us are referring to the video game series, but i guess some didn't know Slender was turned into a PC game franchise. It'll happen in the near future weather you kick and scream or not.

My take on it yeah slender is cool but there is no substance. So he stands there and looks creepy. It doesn't make a house. After the inital "wow that's creepy" there is nothing to go off of... In fact you never see him do anything to people. They just pass out and wake up somewhere else. That doesn't translate into a house very well.

I could see a room dedicated to him. Actually I'm still hoping for an entire urban legend/creepy pasta house. Each room a different one. That they could pull off.

• Like 4

@JDW that's actually a very good way to put it. Have you ever played a game named Siren: Blood Curse? Now that's a pretty scary game, especially the hospital those Shibido are cool. The Evil Within is another one good for a house. All this Slender talk got me thinking now lol.

Dude, you're preaching to the quire when you talk about Universal making money so save it. All i say is don't rule it out creeping in in the future despite your infinate wisdom when it comes to 'what the gp likes" and the video game industry. Anyways it was just something i think to be a cool idea and threw it out there. Relax, take a pill and enjoy life, it's not that serious.

Don't worry, I'm pretty chill. I just like analysis and critical thinking. It's relaxing to sit back and write. You seem kinda testy about your favorite meme not coming to HHN though and demanding that it's inevitable and thinking that it's a PC gaming "franchise." It's cool that you are into it, but you gotta take an honest look at how many people care or even know about the games/character vs. everything else HHN would logically do before resorting to that concept. If your knee jerk response to explaining how it's not folklore is assuming that I'm simply unaware that the small time indie games exist, that doesn't bode too well for GP awareness does it?