Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

JDW

Mike has confirmed on Twitter there well be no icon this yr, as well saying UO isnt running the UORHHN twitter anymore (That means Goth, PS, and LT have nothing to do with it)..

I'm glad there is no icons (I'll be the first one to say I love icons), the event did fine without them in the past and will continue to do well without them..

Hollywood is hinting they got a house announcement coming this WEEK.. So maybe we'll get one as well..

• Like 1

Mike has confirmed on Twitter there well be no icon this yr, as well saying UO isnt running the UORHHN twitter anymore (That means Goth, PS, and LT have nothing to do with it)..

I'm glad there is no icons (I'll be the first one to say I love icons), the event did fine without them in the past and will continue to do well without them..

Hollywood is hinting they got a house announcement coming this WEEK.. So maybe we'll get one as well..

I love Icons... I'm glad we don't have one? Such a strange sentence.

Yeah I read that last night. About the lack of icon. There is something in the works, if it happens, might cause another melt down lol. Guess we'll see.

He also said again the streets are WD. I swear that contradicts somethings I heard from trusted sources but what do I know? If Mike says its all TWD... I'm guessing it is.

Tell me, what is the point of PS at this point? Where is all that building up to? I mean other than the random posts about the cat, various random 1-3 word posts, and the revelation of houses we already know of course bc they nailed that.

So far Goth hasn't done anything but post glam shots.

The registration on the HHN23experience site logs you in if you remember your password and if you are not on a gmail account (otherwise it doesn't send you a password reset)... Even so it goes to a splash screen that does nothing for what? 3 weeks now? So yeah great build up so far.

• Like 2

Walking Dead wouldn't completely take over the event...

But I could see them doing a house per season in one year. Or something like that. (I Know They already did season 1 and season 3 this year, but they could always tweak them, there is a lot of World to explore in WD)

I could see them making multiple houses for WD later on. each house being based on something different from the show.

I mean, think about it, If someone told you last year that Walking Dead was going to take over every single street experience you would probably laugh at them and say that was very stupid. Now look where we are...

I could see the multiple houses for WD happening. or a Dual run house. Why make only one house when you could create different houses based on the same show? Imagine the numbers that would bring

Stop. Giving. Marketing. Ideas....

• Like 2

What? Do you really think they come in here for ideas? In other news, im glad they finally came out saying there won't be an icon which makes one less thing out of the way. Finally, looking forward to whatever comes down the pipeline that will cause another fan boy meltdown. Makes for a really fun week.

Is "scary clown" that much more original than zombies?

Nope. Clowns were the hot thing in the haunt industry when Jack was brought in, and zombies are the hot thing now. No difference really.

Just because you aren't afraid of zombies, doesn't mean the thousands of people who walk in the gates aren't. Everyone's different. I am not at all afraid of clowns as you are, for example.

• Like 2

Nope. Clowns were the hot thing in the haunt industry when Jack was brought in, and zombies are the hot thing now. No difference really.

Just because you aren't afraid of zombies, doesn't mean the thousands of people who walk in the gates aren't. Everyone's different. I am not at all afraid of clowns as you are, for example.

I never said there weren't people afraid of zombies. I was responding to the annoyance evident in the posts about Jack.. just putting in my two cents that he and his ilk will ALWAYS be scary for me.. as you said - everyone's different.

Good god this board has gotten so friggin testy and pissy.

For the record, I'm going to HHN for sure - no matter what. I still love the event, and I'm simply DYING to know what the "mystery house" is. I'm not hating on them at all. Jeez. Done commenting until there is another official announcement as this petty shit is giving me a headache

• Like 2

Doesn't surprise me we wont have an icon. No theme = no correlation to anything which means they can throw anything in there and it'll work. The blogger idea is kind of just a unimaginative attempt at trying to please us. Is anyone else beginning to think that none of that stuff really has any significance at all? Is this "blogger" just gonna dig everything up and "unleash" the horror... kinda like Fear and the lantern?

Half of the stuff you mentioned would be impossible to do, (Specially because Uni doesn't really do animatronics that much) Sure they could make giant spiders and "Big ass snakes" but Most likely they wont.

If there is a resident Evil I think we will see a couple of monsters here and there and mostly Zombies. I don't really see them doing that much with it. They might do monsters that can be done as costumes for actors to wear but I wouldn't be surprised if we mostly see zombies and human characters (hopefully)

In Japan they had Hunters, Dogs, Lickers, and The Nemisis (which is the same size as the Tyrant) All of them were Scaractors... I could see them putting it in the house easily, Do a outside scare with crows on the roof.. And the LaLonora/ Alice Cooper houses in California had HUGE props in the house including a giant snake. I have always been a huge fan of the games.. The movies not so much but I hope they can pull this house off..

This may has already have been mentioned but does anyone know what the Setting is of Havoc 2?

Doesn't surprise me we wont have an icon. No theme = no correlation to anything which means they can throw anything in there and it'll work. The blogger idea is kind of just a unimaginative attempt at trying to please us. Is anyone else beginning to think that none of that stuff really has any significance at all? Is this "blogger" just gonna dig everything up and "unleash" the horror... kinda like Fear and the lantern?
Once upon a time, Universal studios did not have Icons, overarching themes, and houses had NOTHING to do with one another, and guess what, the event did just fine. But you wouldn't know since you only been attending since 2005. BTW, i could care less about the blogger, imo that's something they made up to have fun at the expense of the fanboys that been crying all this time. Only one man's opinion.
  • Like 2

Yea I think the lack of direction is what is really eating at my core. I have stopped paying attention to that blogger weeks ago. Granted we have only had 3 houses revealed, I am trying to hold out some hope. The way the streets were last year, I was interested and sucked into 'somewhat' of a theme between the different Legions. I just want that original creativity that HHN has been known for to arise into this event. I am confident it will happen, just waiting for a Gothic / House of Horrors type house to be announced. I'm a total TWD nerd, but I love the original houses.

* I know a lot of you know all the houses already but I haven't had a chance to dig that info up yet

Edited by LuitaChris

Once upon a time, Universal studios did not have Icons, overarching themes, and houses had NOTHING to do with one another, and guess what, the event did just fine. But you wouldn't know since you only been attending since 2005. BTW, i could care less about the blogger, imo that's something they made up to have fun at the expense of the fanboys that been crying all this time. Only one man's opinion.

I agree that the blogger seems to have nothing to do with this event anymore. I am curious who on earth decided to engineer this poorly thought out idea.

And Legacy is right, this conversation is coasting along rather well. My only complaint is that people keep railing against each other instead of just respecting others annoyance or satisfaction with what has been announced.

To add some more coal to the fire: what's the point of having a fake blogger and presenting a theme if you are not going to stick with it? To me, the execution of PS is the only lazy part of the event this year.

• Like 2

No offense, but I was making a statement. I don't really care if we have an icon or not (although, I do like them). Also, I've been following this event for years, I know what horror nights has been and how it's changed since it's beginning as Fright Nights. I don't need to have gone to every single year to know this. BTW, you could care less? So you do care I guess? I'm a little lost. Anyways, I couldn't care less about the blogger either (assuming that's what you meant) which means it kinda failed at what it was supposed to do. That's what I was getting at originally. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they just dropped the whole idea and focused on other things because it seems completely disjointed.

Anyways, it'd be nice if they gave us a little info on maybe Havoc or the mystery house. Nothing major but maybe a teaser? I know it's not an IP or anything but I'm sure people would find it interesting enough and it would keep them guessing.

Edited by Goo
  • Like 1

Yes, I can come up with plenty that are more original than what they've put out this year. Considering nearly EVERYTHING will come DIRECTLY from the sources (as in, exact scenes will be replicated so little work has to be done) this year is lazy, lazy, lazy.

Let's see, what's better? Just using recent houses, The Forsaken, Catacombs, Gothic, Dead End or Evil Dead, The Walking Dead, Resident Evil, Cabin in the Woods?

I'm not even talking about classics, or extremely underrated houses like Psychoscarepy: Home for the Holidays, Leave it to Cleaver, Dungeon of Terror: Retold, and H.R. Bloodengutz

Or absolute classics such as Ghost Town, Castle Vampyr, Body Collectors, Scream House, Scary Tales, All Nite Die In.

I've done most of those, and would still take Evil Dead, The Walking Dead, Resident Evil, Cabin in the Woods. Body Collectors would be cool to see again though somewhere down the line.

No offense, but I was making a statement. I don't really care if we have an icon or not (although, I do like them). Also, I've been following this event for years, I know what horror nights has been and how it's changed since it's beginning as Fright Nights. I don't need to have gone to every single year to know this. BTW, you could care less? So you do care I guess? I'm a little lost. Anyways, I couldn't care less about the blogger either (assuming that's what you meant) which means it kinda failed at what it was supposed to do. That's what I was getting at originally. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they just dropped the whole idea and focused on other things because it seems completely disjointed.

Anyways, it'd be nice if they gave us a little info on maybe Havoc or the mystery house. Nothing major but maybe a teaser? I know it's not an IP or anything but I'm sure people would find it interesting enough and it would keep them guessing.

I meant i could care less about the blogger. Not because it's done poorly but because stotylines and icons has never been what I go for. No offense taken btw.

Yes, but let's not derail this argument about themes and icons. It's chugging along nicely.

My bad, I thought this was a speculation page.. "not a Argument about themes/ Icon page"

How far back do I have to look to find out about Havok 2, I don't remember seeing much about what we know for this house

• Like 1

OK time out folks.

It's OK to disagree and not be nasty to each other. This is supposed to be a fun place... Otherwise why come here?

I will admit. I've also been very negative lately. I am sorry about that. My disapointment does not need to be yours.

This IS just a theme park event... It's entertainment. some of us treat it like it's their child... again I'm guilty of that at times too. It goes both ways though. People who come here and like the direction. Don't want to hear constant negativity either. At the same time people should be able to voice their opinions and not feel berated by others. We are all passionate about the same event let's not tear each other up over it.

You put so much time, effort, and money into something you want it to be enjoyable. Everybody wants that.

I also don't think its fair to lump people who like icons better as "noobs" or not going to the event as long. I've been to all the events (minus 2004) I've seen the event without themes, one house, no streets, 20 shows, and a 2 hr wait. There are some solid houses prior to the Iconic years. But even Mike said last night that the icons have made the event what it is today. There is no denying many people like the unifying theme with a focal point of an icon. Some don't. We are all different now.

The idea that Universal is a buisness here to make money sure its true. But THEY have set the expectation as to what we expect and look forward to. The paradigm shift is welcomed by some and not by others. It doesn't make any person's feelings on the subject any less valid. You have the right to be happy, excited, upset, or disapointed. But don't attack others because of how they feel. It's valid to feel upset when you don't feel you are appreciated.

The house list was known so early this year it couldn't have come from anywhere but close to the source. So I have to wonder why? My only conclusion is things have changed. This is not the viral marketing that was planned. So many things I knew for sure are very different. Such is the is the nature of finding out things long before they are fully formed. You set expectations... Possibly even set them too high.

Well so it happened. The event is still the event. I don't see it being productive to come back to the same argument again and again. Again it's just an event that is supposed to be FUN. If you aren't having fun... why are you here?

SO here is my pledge to you. I know I've been tainting the info I give with a negative slant. Again I'm sorry. I love this event with such a tenacity it borders on the brink of unhealthy. I'm reigning that in. I'm going to be more constructive while I'm still here to try and faclilitate an atmosphere of informative fun. Can we all agree to disagree and press on and be more constructive?

• Like 11

My bad, I thought this was a speculation page.. "not a Argument about themes/ Icon page"

How far back do I have to look to find out about Havok 2, I don't remember seeing much about what we know for this house

It's based around a train.
  • Like 5

There was not one repeated idea in 23 years from their original content. They're already repeating The Walking Dead to a massive level - within two years.

So the Universal Monsters concept wasn't recycled for years at the beginning of the event and still is to this day?

Also:

Pitch Black

Cold Blind Terror

Dungeon Of Terror (3 Times)

Crypt Keepers Dungeon Of Terror

Dungeon Of Terror: Retold

Scary Tales (Terror Land: Nightmare Alley)

Scary Tales II

Scary Tales: Once Upon A Nightmare

Scream House

Scream House: Revisited

The Fearhouse

Funhouse Of Fear

Jacks Funhouse

Psychoscareapy

Psychoscareapy: Maximum Madness

Psychoscareapy: Home For The Holidays

Psychoscareapy: Echoes Of Shadybrook

All Night Die In

All Night Die In: Take 2

Body Collectors

Body Collectors: Collections Of The Past

RUN

RUN: Hostile Territory

People Under The Stairs

People Under The Stairs: Under Construction

The Skool

The Orfanage: Ashes To Ashes

Ship Of Screams

The Forsaken

Scream House

Scream House: Resurrection

Vampyre

Vampyre: Blood Bath

Horror Nights: Nightmares

Horror Nights: The Hallow'd Past

...Not one original idea ever repeated huh? lol (and this wasn't even some other ideas throughout the years that shared similiarities but really there is only so much you can do but I'm just trying to prove a point..because thats a pretty bold statement to make).

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 1

Even though I don't agree with way the event is going, I'll reserve judgement till opening. I agree that The Walking Dead will lose it's luster one day. The real question is what will Universal do when that happens. No other IP will have the drawing power that TWD has and crowds will go back to pre-2012 capacity.

• Like 1