Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

JDW

Sorry I didn't mean to set this back down that road to that deabate.

Just amazes how much the general veiw on the boards has changed in last 3 years.

Believe me I don't care anymore.
I'm a causual fan now.

All the time, effort, money, imagination I put into all of this over the last 23 years is just a wash.

I'll go my once or twice a year and give them the money they want as long as it still is fun.

I'm not griping... Just calling it how I see it and giving you the info to decide for yourself.

And that's the last you'll hear from me.

• Like 2

"The Walking Dead Horror Nights at Universal Orlando Resort"????

Walking Dead wouldn't completely take over the event...

But I could see them doing a house per season in one year. Or something like that. (I Know They already did season 1 and season 3 this year, but they could always tweak them, there is a lot of World to explore in WD)

I could see them making multiple houses for WD later on. each house being based on something different from the show.

I mean, think about it, If someone told you last year that Walking Dead was going to take over every single street experience you would probably laugh at them and say that was very stupid. Now look where we are...

I could see the multiple houses for WD happening. or a Dual run house. Why make only one house when you could create different houses based on the same show? Imagine the numbers that would bring

Edited by LV-426

What about Resident Evil, does anyone know for certain if it is Movie or Game based? I would expect it to be Game Based, I feel like they would have a lot to work with.. Especially if it were done correctly.. meaning the Mansion -- Zombies, Crows, Dogs, Hunters, Big Spiders, Big Ass Snake, Lickers, Wesker, The Tyrant... I would love to walk through the long hallway with windows not knowing which one is going to break open..

I mean, let's be frank, besides a few hits here and there, the event has slowly gone downhill.

There's just too much involvement from management/marketing. Too many partnerships. I've gone since HHN 14 and the event is ONLY as popular as it is today because of those prime years that boosted it to a national level.

Jack is stale, zombies are stale, even I would say the chainsaw drill team is stale.

There is a reason why on the website their "Gallery" shows their more creative efforts as of late.

• Like 1

I mean, let's be frank, besides a few hits here and there, the event has slowly gone downhill.

There's just too much involvement from management/marketing. Too many partnerships. I've gone since HHN 14 and the event is ONLY as popular as it is today because of those prime years that boosted it to a national level.

Jack is stale, zombies are stale, even I would say the chainsaw drill team is stale.

There is a reason why on the website their "Gallery" shows their more creative efforts as of late.

I don't really agree... I feel like Zombies are more popular now than ever before... I love the event and Trust that even though the entire event is TWD (which I do feel is somewhat a let down) that they will do a Great job with it.

Here we go with the "it's marketing's fault" card again. Like i said before, i'm sure A and D welcomes the notion on most ip's ove "original" since they can pick out of the hat two or maybe three projects to work with instead of 8 houses and several scarezones. You know that they have other projects as well, you know, like Harry Potter, and many more right?

This year will be fine. The event will always be "fine" and I bet it will just be "fine" for the next few years. The event is getting stale, it's a fact. They're not really bringing anything new to the table, which is why a lot of us are not happy. They don't really care that much about the fans either. Anyone who has been around since at least 2005 knows that we used to have a lot more involvement in the event. This year is just stale. That's it, there's no arguing that the whole concept this year is boring.

You know, our opinion do matter. If you don't like the event, go once, enjoy it, and take the survey at the exit and express your opinion. I know somebody from HHN has read what I've said, and I still stand by it, and I will also give them honest feedback after I go. And keep posting here, because they DO look at whats going on here. I speculate that there will be SOME change that will come with this year that will carry over to next year. This isn't just a few people who aren't happy about the way things are... So who knows!

So keep your opinions and take the survey when you go. Don't let anyone tell you that you don't matter in the grand scheme of things because that's false. If enough people aren't pleased they'll listen. Just don't be surprised if you get kicked out of the Walking Dead Streets thread for no reason like I did (lol).

ps if you wanna talk about the event in the light of marketing, popularity, originality, etc... I made a thread for that. Try not to spam the speculation thread.

Edited by Goo
  • Like 1

Do you have any better ideas then Universal? They should be on you like white on rice for you imput. Just sayin.

Yes, I can come up with plenty that are more original than what they've put out this year. Considering nearly EVERYTHING will come DIRECTLY from the sources (as in, exact scenes will be replicated so little work has to be done) this year is lazy, lazy, lazy.

Let's see, what's better? Just using recent houses, The Forsaken, Catacombs, Gothic, Dead End or Evil Dead, The Walking Dead, Resident Evil, Cabin in the Woods?

I'm not even talking about classics, or extremely underrated houses like Psychoscarepy: Home for the Holidays, Leave it to Cleaver, Dungeon of Terror: Retold, and H.R. Bloodengutz

Or absolute classics such as Ghost Town, Castle Vampyr, Body Collectors, Scream House, Scary Tales, All Nite Die In.

Edited by agalloch
  • Like 1

As much as I enjoy original houses, seeing Universal recreate scenes from TV and Movies is why I go. Universal is about movies, it's about them bringing them to life. So if they can recreate IPs and throw in originals I will keep going. This is one man's opinion, but you can't honestly expect them to keep it the same general idea every year for 23 years. They will try new things and see what continues to work. I will go and make my opinion then.

• Like 3

This is one man's opinion, but you can't honestly expect them to keep it the same general idea every year for 23 years. They will try new things and see what continues to work. I will go and make my opinion then.

There was not one repeated idea in 23 years from their original content. They're already repeating The Walking Dead to a massive level - within two years.

Is that why I can't respond to anything on the street experience thread bc I got kicked out!? Thats just crazy if thats the reason. Anyone else have a problem posting on that thread? ..Goo...Your statement about the event being stale is evidence of the traffic on these boards. I don't remember a year when it was as slow as it is this year. There are so many people missing from these boards that I remember from past years... Kinda sad

Edited by LuitaChris
  • Like 1

There was not one repeated idea in 23 years from their original content.

Um... What?

Screamhouse, Screamhouse: Revisited (half the house was identical, rest of it was different versions of the same scenes)

Frightanic, Ship of Screams

All-Nite DIE-In, All-Nite DIE-In: Take-Two, Silver Screams

Scary Tales 1-3

The Skool, Skoolhouse, the Morphans

Wyandot Estate, Dead End

And those are just off the top of my head. Let me really ponder it and there's more.

And those are the just general themes. That's not addressing how they repeat specific scenes and scares. A&D repeats their own ideas all the time. It's a necessity of using the same costumes, set pieces and props.

Edited by Legacy
  • Like 3

Screamhouse and Screamhouse: Revisited were identical up to the kitchen. From there, it had the same scenes in the same order. They just looked different. Either way you try to explain your statement, you're wrong. A&D repeats ideas. Deal.

You're freaking out about TWD being the "same" when we know damn well it won't be. It's going to be a completely different house. The only way it's the "same idea" is because it's a zombie house, which isn't exactly an original idea in the realm of HHN.

Edited by Legacy
  • Like 4

What about Resident Evil, does anyone know for certain if it is Movie or Game based? I would expect it to be Game Based, I feel like they would have a lot to work with.. Especially if it were done correctly.. meaning the Mansion -- Zombies, Crows, Dogs, Hunters, Big Spiders, Big Ass Snake, Lickers, Wesker, The Tyrant... I would love to walk through the long hallway with windows not knowing which one is going to break open..

Half of the stuff you mentioned would be impossible to do, (Specially because Uni doesn't really do animatronics that much) Sure they could make giant spiders and "Big ass snakes" but Most likely they wont.

If there is a resident Evil I think we will see a couple of monsters here and there and mostly Zombies. I don't really see them doing that much with it. They might do monsters that can be done as costumes for actors to wear but I wouldn't be surprised if we mostly see zombies and human characters (hopefully)

But Who Knows! Maybe they will create every single creature you described and the house will blow our minds away! :)

I Would definitely love to see the different types of creatures that Resident Evil has. I would love to see some Lickers hanging out from the roof or something like that.

here's to hope! ^_^

it kind of makes me laugh to see the website "Gallery" to be honest. :lol:

Goo...Your statement about the event being stale is evidence of the traffic on these boards. I don't remember a year when it was as slow as it is this year. There are so many people missing from these boards that I remember from past years... Kinda sad

Give it a month. It'll be just as bustling as before, especially around full reveal night (if we have one this year) and when street construction is visible.

• Like 1

I think he was referring the lack of interest overall. Back in 08 we had a lot of members, old and new, here on the forums partaking in all the shenanigans that led up to the full reveal. This year.... Not so much. It's pretty uneventful, especially since there's not much happening and we know just about everything. When it's good, the forums are always bustling, because people are really excited and look forward to the next reveal. If I'm not mistaken our next reveal is probably Resident Evil or AWiL?

This year our biggest reveal will have been the streets, which didn't go well. I think the little excitement that's left is coming from the one house that we don't know much about, and we probably wont see that till the full reveal... So I guess you're right, until the full reveal and construction it's gonna be slow, because it's kind of boring right now. Maybe we'll get legendary truth stuff soon to pass the time?

• Like 2

(Specially because Uni doesn't really do animatronics that much)

OH? Permits were found for animatronics props.

I will say this about TWD. I love the soundtrack. Some amazing music in that show.

don't get me wrong, I have no doubt the house will be amazing.

Heck the ost for 3 alone with no zombies in a prison house would be amazing enough.

• Like 4